show etc.

Posted by: mecky

show etc. - 01/07/01 01:19 AM

I am hoping to be in Madrid in February or March. Any special concerts-performers-operas etc. Would love to treat some special friends in Madrid to an event. Thanks for the help. mb

------------------
Posted by: Sofia

Re: show etc. - 01/07/01 07:02 PM

Eric Clapton is in Madrid in February. Check the Ocio for the date.
Posted by: mecky

Re: show etc. - 01/08/01 07:12 AM

Thanks sofia for you information. What is Ocio, is that some type of entertainement schedule? Thanks again mecky
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: show etc. - 01/10/01 04:45 PM

Mecky- Ocio means "leisure time" or "free time" and usually refers to cultural/entertainment options available. Most publications, digital or otherwise, have an "Ocio" section. Try El Pais Digital at www.elpais.es and click on the Pais de Tentactiones or Ocio sections. Other newspapers have their versions as well. Happy hunting and enjoy the "juerga"!

Re: show etc. - 01/10/01 04:47 PM

I neglected to mention: When in Madrid, you many times get to see popular US acts in smaller venues, which is great. We went to Public Enemy and Charlatans UK (not together) in '92 at the same small club...very cool. Just do your hunting beforehand and you may get lucky!
Posted by: Leche

Re: show etc. - 01/10/01 05:00 PM

Calibasco...what club was it? I love the Charlatans and I seem to remember some flyer of some sort I saw in Madrid in '92. The best shows I ever saw in Spain were Cristina y los Subterraneos in Aqualung in Madrid and Presuntos Implicados at the city park in Talavera de la reina.

Leche
Posted by: Antonio

Re: show etc. - 01/10/01 06:40 PM

Calibasco,

When Sofia said Ocio I think she meant Guia del Ocio .

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

Re: show etc. - 01/17/01 11:07 AM

Leche- I think it was in ParqueSur...I'll check the scrapbook from my studies there.

Antonio- I figured that, I was just looking to help with a little clarification. I never know what people's experience is with the country and the local resources.