theatre in Madrid

Posted by: abell

theatre in Madrid - 03/08/01 05:05 PM

On our first wonderful trip to Spain, we were lucky enough to see the Spanish production of Man of La Mancha starring Paloma San Basilia and Jose Sacristan. Since then I have found a three of San Basilia's CDs, one with Placido Domingo recorded, I believe, at a concert they gave in Miami. I have since heard that the pair also starred in My Fair Lady. I would love to know if she in particular has a) any upcoming plays or concerts in Madrid or Malaga and b) any newer CDs. I have found some info about Sacristan, who is evidently a film star. Any information would be most appreciated! Thank you!
Posted by: Leche

Re: theatre in Madrid - 03/08/01 05:51 PM

Speaking of Theaters.....does anyone know if the old Apollo Theater near the Lavapies area is still in operation? I saw Les Miserables there in '93 and it was really good. I can't seem to find it on the web to find out what's playing there now if anything.

Leche
Posted by: Miguelito

Re: theatre in Madrid - 03/09/01 05:47 AM

About Apollo Theater it's still working, you can find information about it in any guide.
Now it's showing Dr.Jeckyll & Mr.Hyde, with Raphael, the name of the theater is Nuevo Apolo.
About My Fair Lady, it's not showing yet and I don't have more information about Paloma..
sorry