summerinspain name change

Posted by: Dan the Michigarian

summerinspain name change - 02/02/01 05:23 PM

im changing my name. summerinspain sounds dumb.

sorry my questions started posting wars, but all my questions are sincere and are only asked because i need info. this board has a lot of info, and im glad i found it.

thanks,
dan m

------------------

(Dan & Abbie may be using this user name, but Dan will usually sign his name)
Posted by: aphra

Re: summerinspain name change - 02/02/01 05:36 PM

Dan and Abbie--Glad you're here! You're right about the wealth of information on this board, and I'm sure spending some time here will make spending time in Spain much more enjoyable. Keep us posted on your honeymoon plans!

[This message has been edited by aphra (edited 02-02-2001).]
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: summerinspain name change - 02/02/01 08:59 PM

Here's to NEW beginnings, Dan the Michigarian (*I* wouldn't want to have to enter that LONNNNG name everytime *I* posted a topic! heehehe...)!!! I'll delete your old summerinspain username. Out with the old and in with the new!

Welcome to the group! Saludos, MadridMan

Re: summerinspain name change - 02/02/01 10:18 PM

actually MM, i have my username saved in the log in page.

gracias
dan
of MICHIGAN
Posted by: Jaime

Re: summerinspain name change - 02/02/01 10:46 PM

Welcome aboard Dan! Glad to see you're back.
Posted by: Eddie

Re: summerinspain name change - 02/03/01 07:02 AM

¿Was 'Dan the Michigander' taken?

Re: summerinspain name change - 02/03/01 02:51 PM

too bad if that is being used, but i am the michigarian. its close, but im not gonna change my name again unless the michigander wants me to.

thanks for the info
dan m

(im not trying to sound like a Pene')

------------------

(Dan & Abbie may be using this user name, but Dan will usually sign his name)
Posted by: Bunny

Re: summerinspain name change - 02/07/01 03:04 AM

Hi Dan (and Abbie)

I never responded to your post on the other thread, but I am the person also from Michigan (the city of Detroit). If you are from Downriver, then we're regional neighbors!

Don't worry about some things that might be posted on this board. I'm a member of other boards for various topics and people are much more vicious than anything on here! I think what's hard is that some things might get lost between native English/Spanish speakers which causes confusion. Also when I was in Europe in general, some people had stereotypes against Americans and we had stereotypes against them. That might be playing out here too with the comments about guns and some of the responses you got about cockroaches.

In general, if you stick around and just continue to respectfully ask questions and add comments like you have been doing anyway, you'll begin to feel pretty comfortable here.

Hopefully, I'll be back in Spain this summer too!

Shannon