HELP!!

Posted by: LIVIADLC

HELP!! - 10/23/00 02:01 PM

Is there anyone out there that can help me find a travel partner to Madrid? Or someone I can hang out with while I am out there.

Olivia
Posted by: missmadrid98

Re: HELP!! - 10/23/00 02:04 PM

when will you be going and how long are you staying, what kind of things do you want to do? provide us with more information so we can help you.

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98
Posted by: Nicole

Re: HELP!! - 10/23/00 02:08 PM

The truth is, I don't know how you would find someone before hand. I traveled around Europe by myself, and in most places met other people at the hostels. A couple of times I really hit it off with people and we ended up travelling together where our itinerary permitted...

In Sevilla I met a couple of Australian girls at the hostal and we went out together there and ended up meeting a bunch of new people that later came and stayed with me in Salamanca... It is part of the adventure, but then there were times when I didn't really meet anyone.. so you never know.

I think often Americans hesitate to "commit" themselves like that to someone they haven't met...
Posted by: missmadrid98

Re: HELP!! - 10/23/00 02:21 PM

i agree Nicole. when i went to spain the first time i went for a month and didn't know anybody and i was alone. i left the country having like 10 best friends that i made within that month, who still treat me like we've been friends all our lives. I love traveling alone, so you can do anything you want. i like having my freedom and doing whatever i want, but if you really want someone to hang out with or to show you around, i'm sure someone will com along on this site, and if you are going next year i wouldn't mind showing you a few things or two!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

[This message has been edited by missmadrid98 (edited 10-23-2000).]
Posted by: Alana

Re: HELP!! - 10/23/00 04:43 PM

When are you gonna be there Olivia???? I leave in six days!
email: agod26@hotmail.com

Alana
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: HELP!! - 10/23/00 05:05 PM

Hi LIVIADLC!! I traced the path of a visitor to MadridMan.com from a place called HomeFree . They are a "Home Exchange and Travel Companion Matching Service".

They say:

"HomeFree Travel Companion Matching Service The HomeFree Travel Companion Matching Service gives you help in locating compatible travel companions for destinations within your own country and worldwide. Use our travel companion search engine to find a travel companion according to your desired destination, travel plans, budget, age, gender, and special interests. Share a special holiday, weekend, or vacation."

I don't know if they're reputable or not, but you could at least check them out. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan