over 300 strong

Posted by: Twentysomething

over 300 strong - 07/28/00 04:00 PM

As I'm sure the other three hundred something people who visit this site would say, congratulations Madridman on what I think is an overwhelmingly successful website and an outstanding message board!

[This message has been edited by Twentysomething (edited 07-28-2000).]
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: over 300 strong - 07/28/00 05:09 PM

Awwww Shucks! Thanks, Twentysomething. I'll tell you, this has been the most satisfying and exciting addition to MadridMan.com since the beginning. And now, 302 members since May 7th (I believe). Not bad at all.

And....(drumroll please).. Registered User #300 was UserName: "Chris" and Chris is from the UK and has 1 posting to his credit... SO FAR.

I thank YOU ALL for making this part of MadridMan's Yankee Home Page a success. I just put up the darn thing and before I knew it it grew arms, legs, and 302 heads! Hehehehehee.. Thanks again!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Chris

Re: over 300 strong - 07/29/00 04:42 PM

I am known as '300', yes I am Chris. Congratulations as your site grows and prospers.

Chris
Posted by: megia

Re: over 300 strong - 07/29/00 05:29 PM

ˇfelicitaciones, MadridMan!

como he dicho antes, eres cojonudo por habernos dado este website... todos nosotros te agradecemos mucho por darnos este regalo tan esplendido...

ˇse bueno!

viva espania...
Posted by: missmadrid98

Re: over 300 strong - 08/02/00 07:59 PM

this message board has been a great thing for me, being able to help others and discuss the passion that spain brings into our lives, it makes turning on my computer in the morning at work a little more delightful. the first thing i do is check my site and answer all my spain e-mail and check madridman's mesage board to see if i could help anybody else. thanks madridman for the portal of communication you have established for of us that enjoy communicating daily with each other soley on the subject of spain. Perhaps one day we will all cross paths in some point in our beloved city and country to share a cana and some jamon serrano!! que vive Espana y la gente de Madrid!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: over 300 strong - 08/03/00 07:43 AM

Enhorabuena, MM! Lo mereces. This is the only bulletin board I bother with. The people here are great, everyone tries to help out wherever they can, everyone is enthusiatic and loves the topic. That reflects the ambience of the whole site.
Like missmadrid above, I always check it out when I get to work.

Un abrazo a todos!

Re: over 300 strong - 08/03/00 09:27 AM

We ALL welcome your MadridMan's Message Board presence and experience(s), El Boqueron. As you say, there are SO many great/nice people here and like-minded people tend to find each other. I'm just happy to have been able to do something more for all those who love Spain as much as me.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Nuria

Re: over 300 strong - 08/03/00 01:07 PM

If I were the president of Spain I would give you guys permanent visas to Spain, I think that I person who loves a foreigner country as much as you do deserves the right to live there.

Re: over 300 strong - 09/26/00 11:28 PM

Wha!? What happened? I turn my back and BOOM!! 500 members. Thank you all!!!

Sincerely, MadridMan
Posted by: rgf

Re: over 300 strong - 09/28/00 08:49 AM

500 members and growing! That's amazing. Pretty soon this board will look like the metro station at Sol around 6 PM!
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: over 300 strong - 09/28/00 09:35 AM

yeah, full of people looking for hostals!

Re: over 300 strong - 09/28/00 11:00 AM

yes, a safe, clean, heated, cheap hostal where women can safely get tickets to bullfights while watching the storks flying overhead at the retiro.... and with a safe deposit box, too! jajaja. bromas para lectores adictos a este sitio....
Posted by: Jen

Re: over 300 strong - 09/28/00 12:08 PM

while eating suckling pig while drinking café con leche...

Re: over 300 strong - 09/28/00 12:16 PM

But my question, rgf, is IS that woman wearing Nike tennis shoes and cargo shorts? And should she take the hope diamond to the hostal owners as a gift of goodwill? Let's suggest that they accept flowers from the gyspy women and pull out their wallet and have her ask the gypsy woman to take what she needs. And don't forget playing a quick game of poker with the friendly-folk in the Tirso de Molina subway stop while passing through with partially unzipped backpack and visible dollar bills pointing out.

Oh...by the way, *I* have a question. Where can I find 5-star hotel in the classic, old section for under 2,000pts.? Where, you ask? You'll have to figure that out for yourself since I didn't put it in my subject line or indicate such in this message. hehehe.. Just teasing, everyone (who reads this). And here's a tip: don't stand up on your seat (wearing white shorts and your favorite Nike t-shirt) at the bullfights and shout, "HEY!! WHERE THE F*** IS THE BEER MAN?!!"

Words to not live by, MadridMan

Re: over 300 strong - 09/28/00 01:25 PM

Nah, we are going to stand up and shout, where the F*** is MADRIDMAN??? tu abuela en tenis (Nike)
Posted by: Puna

Re: over 300 strong - 09/28/00 04:38 PM

Thanks guys for the best laugh of the day!!!

Re: over 300 strong - 09/28/00 07:15 PM

Truly, MM's post had me chuckling OUT LOUD-- good thing I am working at home today!!! Keep up the buen humor, MM. And just think, soon you will BE THERE!! (celos, celos)
Posted by: Rubia66

Re: over 300 strong - 09/29/00 12:28 AM

Well, here you have it, some interesting trivia about Spain that you won't find in the cheesy tourism books!!
Bullfights are safe for women?? Yeah, count me in! I'll be there right after I pick up a stud and some tacos at the hardware store...