Ice Hockey In Madrid

Posted by: Tracy Ramirez

Ice Hockey In Madrid - 09/19/00 09:24 AM

Has anyone seen or heard of the ice hockey team that plays in Madrid? My nephew is there playing for them and I was hoping I could find out more about the team/league on the internet. Any links would be helpful!!
Posted by: WDJunior

Re: Ice Hockey In Madrid - 09/21/00 05:57 AM

Hi Tracy!
I´m sorry but I have never heard of an ice hockey team from Madrid (and I´ve lived there many years). There is deffinitely no profesional icehockey-league in Spain. Maybe your nephew plays in some school team or something like that...
Saludos
Posted by: Diana

Re: Ice Hockey In Madrid - 09/21/00 09:33 AM

I've never heard of a profesional ice hockey league in Spain either, but I do know that ice hockey is played in quite a few places throughout Spain - basically wherever there is an indoor rink. There are leagues that play (my husband was captain of his team some 20 years ago), but it's not big. About 10 years ago we went to watch a group of foreigners, mostly Canadians (and some were former pros)play for the fun of it in an indoor rink in the western 'burbs of Madrid. So your nephew may be involved in one of the very few teams there. Sorry I can't give you more info. It's just not big in Spain.