Language translation

Posted by: harrison

Language translation - 09/12/00 03:56 PM

Try < www.freetranslation.com > to do quick translations.

------------------
Posted by: missmadrid98

Re: Language translation - 09/12/00 04:16 PM

ya it's great site i use it all the time, but then it gets kind of weird where it doesn't transfer the simplest of words, and with the different dialects of spanish, it doesn't translate some words they use in spain, instead it's a different translation, it's kind of weird sometimes, but it has come in handy!! great suggestion

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: Language translation - 09/14/00 09:21 AM

OK, call me weird, but I love testing out these machine translation systems. They're generally terrible, but pretty funny. Here are the English translations produced by this one of a few Spanish phrases.

!Oye tio, que pasa!
It hears uncle, what passes!

Hasta la vista!
Until the view!

!Cuanto te quiero, vida mia!
How much do I want you, life mine!

Ay, ay, ay, ay
Canta y no llores
Oh, oh, oh, oh
it Sings and not you cry

!Hombre, qué programa más tonto!
!Man, what program more fool!
Posted by: missmadrid98

Re: Language translation - 09/14/00 12:53 PM

i second that el boqueron!!!!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010
Posted by: Nuria

Re: Language translation - 09/14/00 04:41 PM

Ha, ha, ha that is the funniest translation I've ever heard. There is a book too that is very funy, they translate spanish sayings into English, like: De perdidos al rio - from the lost to the river.
Posted by: francisco

Re: Language translation - 09/15/00 03:38 AM

NOW, I know why it´s free! ;-)
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: Language translation - 09/15/00 07:28 AM

Being a bit more serious, I'm not trying to "diss" harrison's post. The point is that if you don't speak Spanish, I wouldn't recommend using this kind of thing unless you know someone who can check the translation. This one for instance appears not to know some of the basics of Spanish grammar, and doesn't recognise common expressions.

Until the view!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Language translation - 09/15/00 08:20 AM

GREAT post, missmadrid98!! (teasing)