European Health Care in Spain .

Posted by: steve robinson

European Health Care in Spain . - 04/01/13 05:10 AM

You guys might want to read this article from a few days ago . I know I had problems accessing free care in Madrid despite being a European citizen . Seems that Spain is not playing by the rules .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/perso...EHIC-usage.html

Posted by: Puna

Re: European Health Care in Spain . - 04/01/13 12:50 PM

Yikes! The very last thing Spain needs right now is a decrease in tourism revenues ... and this kind of publicity is opening the door for that.
Posted by: pedmar

Re: European Health Care in Spain . - 04/02/13 05:36 AM

too much dependancy on European health care, many come without any insurance protection at all. And poor Spain cannot bear more...

it goes with the times Spain, Portugal, Greece the article goes, well you know what, they are in terrible needs there.

not an excuse to not follow the EU laws but heck I am fighting those Spaniards to follow the EU finance laws lol!!! many laws but no teeth....
Have fun and be prepare with travel health insurance for others,and EU resident well find a nice hospital that will take them....
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: European Health Care in Spain . - 04/02/13 08:52 AM

Problem is , Pedmar , that the UK will give full , and free health care to any European citizen ... but it doesn't work in reverse and that makes many British people angry with our Government .
Posted by: pedmar

Re: European Health Care in Spain . - 04/03/13 04:56 AM

That is the problem of the EU, Steve. Nothing is the same, even the Euro ::)

i say if you create a Union , all laws should be the same for all or you are not in.

Wait for the new driver's licence coming up phase in from 2014 onward....just like the USA ::)