What to do in New Years?

Posted by: pedmar

What to do in New Years? - 12/27/11 02:01 PM

ok folks New Years is here again, and what are we going to do?
N past years we went out to party but as time goes by and the boys grow up, we tend to be more in house, and have a champagne dinner with the family. Thats what we are going to have

In years past I remember going to joy eslava before the disco era ,community dance place for over 18 folks but I sneaked in with 13, that is long ago ok.... then it was waiting for the new year at Puerta del Sol, wow,,,those are the wonderful memories of Spain I enjoy sharing with you here.

So what are you going to do this New Years day, and will it be Madrid?
Posted by: teachertraveler8

Re: What to do in New Years? - 12/27/11 08:22 PM

Well, Pedmar, I won't be in Madrid, but we do have an interesting tradition. Each New Year's Eve, we have a nice meal (beef fondue or crab legs) and after dinner, we open the 2011 predictions that we made the previous year. It is interesting to see if many of our predictions come true or which ones are far off. Then, we make the new predictions, seal it up until the following New Year's Eve. I'm predicting a trip to Spain in 2012....
Posted by: jazz

Re: What to do in New Years? - 12/28/11 03:41 AM

Teacher, thatīs a good idea,I like it, Iīm going to do
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: What to do in New Years? - 12/28/11 05:31 AM

We're having the "typical" family New Years Eve here in Madrid, Spain, what with "embutido" (deli-meats), olives, shellfish, wine and Cava, all the while watching the "The Year In Review" programs and the "Last 50 Years in Music"-type programs on TV. At midnight, of course, we'll eat our 12-grapes while watching the Puerta del Sol count-down on TV, too.

This year, I'd thought to go to Madrid's Puerta del Sol at noon on the 31st for the "Test Run" of the midnight countdown. That might be cool to see. Last year I was in SOL for the ACTUAL midnight countdown. See my video of that below: