Spain World Cup Score

Posted by: sallyanne

Spain World Cup Score - 06/14/06 10:05 AM

Felicidades hasta ahora!! medio tiempo, y 2 - 0 ("Congratulations so far! Midpoint and 2-0 score"in Spain versus Ukraine)

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/14/06 10:08 AM

yahoo, 3-0
Posted by: Puna

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/14/06 10:26 AM

I'm with you sallyanne -
and guess what I'm doing ata work - one eye on the match and one .... ah well .....
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/14/06 10:38 AM

I'm watching it too! 3-0 so far. Wish I was in Madrid's Plaza de Colón where a HUGE group of fans are watching a big screen TV.

UPDATE! NOW IT'S 4-0!!!!! GOLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

Do points count overall or is this simply a lose=elimination?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Bill from NYC

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/14/06 10:50 AM

You get excited over 4-0?

I had to explain to my co-worker who is into the World Cup what the word blow-out means.

I told him:

A blow-out is like a bull fight. Where the bull and matador enter the ring, there is excitement in the air and then the bull goes to sleep.

Olay! thumbsup

Bill

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/14/06 10:53 AM

and now 4-0!!!!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/14/06 10:56 AM

SPAIN BEATS UKRAINE 4-0! clap And... err... now what? confused

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/14/06 11:00 AM

puna, I'm in work too, exxcellent, 4-0, now to the next game MadridMan, June 19th, and I think that goal fdifference does count if it needs to for group position.
Posted by: jabch

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/14/06 11:46 AM

MM: The world cup follows the league system, through which a team gets 3 points if they win, 1 point for a tie, and none if they lose.

Correct me if am wrong please, but I think that the 2 teams in each group with the most points will play the next eliminatory round. In this new round, if you win you move ahead (so no points), right?

For those of you that missed the game you can watch the hightlights of the game here . Just click on video.
Posted by: Silvita

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/14/06 04:49 PM

Yes, Jabch is right. Now they have to face the two other teams in their group, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia. They also played today and it was a draw, meaning that Spain is at the top of the group with three, well-earned points. It's not wise to be overconfident, but I see Spain going through to at least the quarterfinals. I want to say they can take it all the way, but I suffered when they were robbed 4 years ago in Korea.
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/15/06 06:00 AM

Of all the matches I have seen so far it appears to me that Spain has adapted best to the new World Cup Balón. On long shots at Gol, it seems to 'take off' and overfly the net for players on teams like Brasil. My fear is: things will 'even out' as other teams get more accustomed to the lighter weight ball. rolleyes

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/15/06 07:31 AM

They played the best football I've seen in the tournament so far.
Posted by: The_Keeper

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/15/06 08:41 AM

Back in the days when we had a non-Spain discussion section, (not moaning I agree with MM that the politics was detracting from the site), I started a World Cup thread where I said I thought Spain had a good outside chance of rolling out as winners, if Raúl was dropped in favour of the kids.
Glad to see I was right wink

As to the best football so far, I think they share that crown with the Czechs and possibly the Argies. Oh well time will tell.
Posted by: Booklady

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/16/06 12:53 AM

Right you were The_Keeper!
I checked and you did say that very same thing!

Quote:
The_Keeper
Member # 4217

posted 04-24-2006 09:53 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK Guys and girls, just over a month to the world’s most popular sporting event and I want to know how you think things will go.

As usual Brazil are favourites and surprisingly England are second favourites.

Personally I hope England win (Three Lions on the Shirt and all that) but I think Spain are a good outside bet. I don’t know what the odds are but if I was a betting man, I should imagine you would get at least 10-1 for Spain to win and I reckon that would be worth a 20€ flutter. I base this on the phenomenal seasons had by Spanish players mainly in England. Fabrigas has had a great season, I don’t care that Rooney got Young Player of the Year, I think Fabrigas should have won that crown. Then there is Luis Garcia and Alonso at Liverpool, both quality players who are playing well. Casillas in goal, Puyoll in defense. And not forgetting El Niño up front.

Finally, completely un-scientifically, have you noticed the Spanish successes in sporting events over the last year, Nadal and Alonso. It always seems to go that when a country does well in one sport there seems to be a cluster of successes in a variety of sports.

For these reasons, I think it could be a good year for Spanish football.

It would be even better if Raul manages to injure himself before the squads are announced. IMO he cost Spain progression in the last European championships.

--------------------
Where you see a crowd I see a flock.
I can imagine the Party Madrid will have. laugh

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/19/06 03:03 PM

The SPAIN v. TUNISIA game JUST started. 0-0 still. I have a good feeling about this SPAIN team!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: ELECTRACITY

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/19/06 03:40 PM

Spain vs Tunisia does not look good right now! They are down 1 - 0 !!
Could this be the beginning of the TYPICAL choke that they pull every world cup????

Come on Spain....win the cup once and for all...
Por la Gracia de Dios!!!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/19/06 03:53 PM

This is not good. And it's raining! Fernando Torres looks frustrated. They need to bring in the oldies with experience. Bring in Raul!!!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/19/06 04:02 PM

I'm with you two. Spain looks frustrated and seems to lack confidence. Tunisia is definitely playing more aggressively but I haven't seen any "brilliance" from either team yet. Let's see what the second half brings after this mid-point "descanso".

Say, are you two watching the game there in North America? How? Is this particular game televised there on "local" (i.e. "free") TV or only on the cable television stations? Here, The World Cup rights were won by the new(ish) TV station " CUATRO ".

Now to take the pizza out of the oven and crack open the Amstel.

Whoa! They're starting the second half!! Still raining. Gotta go.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/19/06 04:05 PM

I'm watching it live on WGBO-TV Channel 66 in Chicago. It's the Spanish-language Univision affiliate here. Because it's the biggest Spanish-language network in the U.S. (they also broadcast around the world), the excitement for the game is high. For all the Latin teams, there are special reports on fans and players. This morning, all the newscasters were wearing Spain jerseys and they had a "tuna" playing traditional music!

They heard my plea! Raul is in!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/19/06 04:29 PM

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
Posted by: mse924

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/19/06 04:43 PM

Well this game certainly turned around.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/19/06 05:00 PM

Spain vs Tunisia:
Thank God it ended the way it did, 3-1. Keep going Spain, you can do it!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/20/06 03:54 AM

That was so stressful. They were rubbish in the 1st half, seemed to pull themselves together for the 2nd thankfully.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/20/06 03:59 AM

WOO HOO!! :jump: Wow, I did NOT have "a good feeling about this SPAIN team" at the midpoint rolleyes with the score at 0-1 for Tunisia. But after the "descanso" something happened and they scored THREE big goals - TWO of which were by the young Fernando Torres - (a.k.a. "El Niño" - of the Atlético de Madrid club). thumbsup

Silvita, I thought of your statement above because just after that they DID put in Raúl.

NEXT game for SPAIN is this coming Friday, June 23 against ARABIA at 4pm Spain time ( see calendar here ). Game here on La Sexta/CUATRO.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/20/06 08:14 AM

A great win and Torres gets a double. I still think Raúl should not be playing and that he weakens the Spanish side, but it was good that he got a goal. I think that the difference was bringing on Fabrigas :hdspin: and then Joaquin. The Spaniards suddenly seemed to realise what was at stake and ultimately made the Tunisians pay.

I think that on Friday Spain will thump the Saudis which will set up a tie against South Korea, Switzerland or France. thumbsup
Posted by: laduque

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/20/06 02:02 PM

Woo, Hoo!!!!!!!
MM, In San Diego, we have many, many Spanish speaking stations, and are able to watch every World Cup game.
The first Spain game against Ukraine was televised 3 times that day!

As an aside, are there any popular places in Madrid to watch the games? We are arriving on Saturday and want to catch some games at a pub or sports type bar!

GO ESPANA!
Posted by: Torrales

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/20/06 03:37 PM

Quote:
As an aside, are there any popular places in Madrid to watch the games? We are arriving on Saturday and want to catch some games at a pub or sports type bar!
Practically all bars. The issue would be to escape from the World Cup, not to see the matches. smile

At Plaza de Colon there is a big stage with a jumbo screen where all matches of the Spanish team are aired. Yesterday, the attendance was 20,000. Next match will be on Friday 23rd. Depending on that match result, next one will be either Tuesday 27th (99% possibilities) or Monday 26th (1%).

Friday's match at 4pm and both next week at 9pm.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/20/06 07:37 PM

That's right, laduque. EVERY bar becomes a "sports type bar" when there's fútbol on the TV. I guess you might consider one of the thousands of Irish Pubs in Madrid to be a "typical" sports bar on football night but it's hardly "Spanish". I don't think I've YET to see a real "Sports Bar" in Spain. In the USA, as you know, they're everywhere. Hooters, anyone? hehehe.. wink

I remember Antonio telling us about a bar with a fútbol theme. I've seen it from the outside. It's in/at the Princípe Pío Centro Comercial - but the plaza outside is a rotten construction mess. I hear the drinks are expensive and it's not exactly centrally located - quite a walk from anywhere in the old downtown.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: laduque

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/21/06 11:23 AM

Thanks for the info. I have a feeling that if Spain keeps it up, I will no doubt, get caught up in the fever!!!!!!!

2 more days till I return to my dream city!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/21/06 06:13 PM

Can't wait for the matchup Friday night. I have 2 message board members coming over to the house to watch it with me. Should be fun! Pizza, Beer, Cheer Cheer Cheer!! :hdspin: (HOPEfully)

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: nevado

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/22/06 12:53 AM

What a world cup so far!!! Too much fun and with an ambientazo q te cag'!! MM, how do I post a photo?

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/22/06 10:17 AM

nevado, is the photo your own or from a website? If from a website, you'll find the button under the text editor on the "Full Reply Form" page which will help you "insert" a photo.

If the photo is your own you'll have to have it "housed" on a server which will allow the exporting of images to websites not of their own.

Maybe I'll turn on the MadridMan webcam to our little group watching the game Friday night. I'll have to get their permission first, of course. Today I bought the beer and snacks and will wait until before the game to call TelePizza for the pizza delivery. Hope they won't be TOO swamped to take our order.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/22/06 01:18 PM

ARGH!!!!!! rolleyes I CAN'T BELIEVE I SCREWED UP THE TIME OF THE NEXT MATCH!!! The game is at 4pm local time (Spain time too) and NOT at 9pm as I originally thought. Man-oh-man $#@^&%&$*#@! mad I had the whole night planned too. ARGH! Well, I guess I'll watch (sniff! frown ) the game alone at 4pm. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/22/06 01:29 PM

I say this is the best start Spain ever had if my memory do not fail me. It is a blend of veterans and young; very hungry. The comeback against Tunisia is a good one;never lost control.
I am hoping finally its the Cup for Spain;the tradition is there just need the Cup.
Aupa España!!!!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/23/06 12:58 AM

Fernando Torres is the cutest footballer in the tournament. Well, maybe after Alessandro Nesta. Sorry, I just had to get that out!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/23/06 12:33 PM

SPAIN BEAT Saudi Arabia 1-0!!! :jump: That's great! Now, IT SEEMS(!), they play again on TUESDAY but I'm not sure of the time YET.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Torrales

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/23/06 04:41 PM

Quote:
Now, IT SEEMS(!), they play again on TUESDAY but I'm not sure of the time YET.
C'mon, go a bit up in this very thread and read my previous post. wink

Tuesday 9pm. Keep today's Mahous in the fridge, put the Telepizza number in a handy place, and re-invite your friends on Tuesday. smile

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/23/06 05:41 PM

Quote:
Fernando Torres is the cutest footballer in the tournament. Well, maybe after Alessandro Nesta. Sorry, I just had to get that out!
I'm an Iker girl myself hearts
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/24/06 07:31 AM

I was very disappointed by how Spain's 'second unit' played against Saudi Arabia the second half. They were lethargic and sloppy. Spain won't go much further in World Cup competition if they continue playing that way.

We're rooting for them, anyway!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/26/06 04:53 AM

It's official, Spain will win the World cup. Nostrodamus says so, so it must be true. :jump:

"At the end of the sixth month of 2006, the King of Spain will cross the Pyrenees with his army. The legions of Beelzebub await the battle on the central European plains. Destruction and defeat will fall on the evil-doers. The Holy Grail will be returned to Spain by the triumphant King."

http://www.thinkspain.com/---/11342

I do think "Legions of Beelzebub is a bit strong though, I know they are French but servants of Satan, surely not all of them! I always thought Henry came across as a nice guy.
eek

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/26/06 05:15 AM

According to the calendar , the SPAIN v. FRANCE game will take place tomorrow/Tuesday June 27th at 9pm. Woo Hoo! Can't wait! Now THAT'LL be a REAL test. The old "Spain versus France" issue is back. Ugh. rolleyes Now people will relate/equate the entire country's superiority over the other with the result of this game. heehehe.. That's sports for you! Don'tcha' love it? wink Can't wait to watch. Talk about a party! cake

Saludos, MadridMan thumbsup

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/26/06 05:50 AM

I'm really looking forward to it as well. smile

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/26/06 01:21 PM

Boo. I have to decide if I want to a) stay home and watch the game, or b) take advantage of my day off/the nice weather and go out on my friends boat for the afternoon.

Decisions, decisions...
Posted by: fiffy2u

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/26/06 02:07 PM

i took half the day off to watch spain take on france....my ancestors are from spain and france..eehehe...but i'm SPANISH all the way!!!!! GO SPAIN GO!!!!! it's not the same watching a soccer game in texas as it is watching it in a tapas bar in madrid...aaaaahhhh! back in the day!!...in texas, it's american football (boring) and not sure what else..eeehehehe...

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/26/06 03:24 PM

thanks for the giggle The_Keeper -
It's gonna be one hell of game - I hope!

I'm half French - my Mom - and her godfather was the King of Spain - way back when rolleyes (which has done absolutely nothing to help me get any form of residency) - but I can promise a long distance rivalry even within the family.

Would love to be in Spain on Tuesday ....
Go Espana! clap clap
Posted by: Gretchen6

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/26/06 08:14 PM

Yeah....things are getting interesting smile We have friends from Spain coming this week. Well the wife is French and the husband Spanish. I also have another set of friends One from England and the other cheering for Portugal. Who am I cheering for???? Well Spain of course and....Portugal too. Don't tell on me though :jump:

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/27/06 03:25 AM

After last nights fiasco of Italy cheating their way through and the bore draw that let Ukraine win on penalties mad , I am looking foreward to tonight's game. Promises to be the best game so far (excepting the Mexico v Argentina clash possibly). My office here in Switzerland has an interesting mix, approximately 50% French (who I have been giving a very hard time), 30% English and the rest a mix including 2 Spaniards. Should be a fun evening. thumbsup

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/27/06 09:11 AM

From Domingo Casañas:

"Spain should handle the French team like a cheap bottle of French wine, they will score against France with at least a two goal difference to win and advance. Then the key match up will take place when Brazil faces Spain. This game will be like a real World Cup match up, in my opinion. It will end in a tie and we will find out who will win it in overtime. Whichever team wins Spain or Brazil will advance all the way thru the finals and be the World Cup Champion."

American Chronicle! thumbsup
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=10950

How is England doing?

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/27/06 01:35 PM

and that would be a dream game!!! anyone know the professional odds on Spain vs. France?

and just guess what i'm doing at work ....

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/27/06 02:08 PM

Less than one hour until THE BIG GAME!!! WOO HOO! :jump: :hdspin: xfingers

You can listen LIVE on Radio Marca Digital as well as on CADENA SER, ONDA MADRID, Radio Exterior de España, and Radio Nacional de España to name a few. You can click the link and listen on the Spain Multimedia page . No way to WATCH live video, however, but you can follow statistics on the official FIFA World Cup page HERE .

Go SPAIN!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/27/06 03:31 PM

Spain 1 - France 0 :jump: :jump:

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/27/06 03:33 PM

Again, (on this new page) ....

...You can listen LIVE on Radio Marca Digital as well as on CADENA SER, ONDA MADRID, Radio Exterior de España, and Radio Nacional de España to name a few. You can click the link and listen on the Spain Multimedia page . No way to WATCH live video, however, but you can follow statistics on the official FIFA World Cup page HERE .

Go SPAIN!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/27/06 04:41 PM

SON OF A B****!! France scored! It's 2-1 for France! ARGH!!! 5 minutes left!! eek

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/27/06 04:51 PM

ARGGGGH!!!!!! mad rolleyes FRANCE WINS 3-1. Zidane, the French player which recently announced his retirement from REAL MADRID, scored the THIRD, FINAL GOAL, and killed the World Cup hopes of the SPANISH team. ARGH!!!!!!!

Saludos, Madrid frown (sniff!)

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/28/06 04:57 AM

Dammit! You cannot imagine the ribbing I'm getting from the Frenchies this morning. help

As soon as I saw Raúl in the starting line up I knew what would happen. Have to concentrate in England now. wave

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/28/06 05:14 AM

The French team was DEFINITELY more aggressive in the second half. And Spain still had possession of the ball like 68% of the time!!! Come on! mad

Should we now cheer for the Brazilian team since they have so many players on (for now) the Spanish fútbol teams?

Now watch, Beckham will have incredible performances for his ENGLAND team - something he never gave for Real Madrid (seems to be a common theme for that team rolleyes ).

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/28/06 11:00 AM

The language at my house when the match was on was terrible, the referee was called everything horrible I can think of and more.
He did make some bad decisions.
Posted by: Jamongris

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/28/06 03:23 PM

The ref wasn´t too bad, he got the deciding free kick wrong, but Spain still should have defended it better. Viera is not that hard to miss. If we´re moaning about refs, did anyone see Brazil v Ghana ? Talk about a 12th man, as the Ghana manager said afterwards, the ref was wearing a yellow shirt, and as if they need any more help.

Still bad luck Spain. This year probably was not their best chance. The young players are very young still, the older ones, as The Keeper implies, are past their best. Give them 2 years and we could be watching Spain become champions of Europe.

Please don´t support Brazil MM. So much talent yet still the need to be cynical.

Obviously I want England to win, but the English team is up there with Switzerland and the Ukraine as the competitions most boring.

Spain were one of the most entertaining to watch, Argentina have had their moments too, I still think Germany are the team to beat to win the cup.
Posted by: filbert

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/29/06 03:04 AM

Quote:
As soon as I saw Raúl in the starting line up I knew what would happen.
Yeah, because Raul (a striker) is to blame for the team conceding 3 goals???? rolleyes I would hazard a guess (correct me if I'm wrong) that 99% of the Brits who claim to hate Raul are also Real Madrid-haters. If England were to lose 3-1 to Brazil would you (could you) blame Rooney or Crouch (if picked)?
Spain has overall a talented young team. However, on the day, age and experience won the game. Hope for us all there! It's sometimes better to be effective rather than looking attractive!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/29/06 03:46 AM

The reason I dislike Raúl is nothing to do with the club he plays for. Having watched Spain first in the last European championships and now in the World cup all I see is a player who both domestically and internationally is way past his best. In England we have had similar problems with players like Seaman and Heskey.
I do not like the Madridistas but am used to putting club feelings aside when it comes to internationals. I have been a Leeds United Supporter all my life and as such have little time for those who do or who have played for Manchester United, but when it comes to England it is another matter.
Raúl may deserve a place on the bench, when his experience may be of use if he is brought on for half an hour at the end (like the openning match) but when the team start with him, they simply do not have the spark or pace to be contenders. If he has any honour now, he should retire from international football, to give the team to gel before 2008.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 06/29/06 05:22 PM

Pedazo de Jilipollas!!
Why can't Spain make it to the Finals!?? I have been cheering for them for the past 20 years. I really thought this year would be different.

Me Cago!!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/01/06 12:50 AM

I want England to make it to the final - so Brazil can open a can of whup ass and make them cry for mummy.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/01/06 02:36 PM

Portugal, Germany and Italia! The fourth? Brasil or France!
Ah! France 1 - Brasil 0; Kaka is not happy! that Viera is quite a guy!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/01/06 04:58 PM

France wins! So its France, Germany, Portugal, and Italy!

Will it be Germany versus France in the final game?

Doesn't look like it will be Germany since Italy won that semi-final game. The game was fabulous!

The question now is: Will it be Italy vs. France, or Portugal?
Posted by: Yankaluz

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/01/06 07:23 PM

After watching Brazil lose to France today (I had dreams of sweet revenge for eliminating Spain) and seeing the foursome left towards the finals I want the following to happen.

1.- France to loose badly against Portugal.
2.- Germany to get ass whooped by Italy.
3.- Portugal to win against Italy just because they are part of the Iberian Peninsula and the closest to Spain...

Not to mention the USA,,, I had some hopes for them this worldcup since many of their players play in European clubs, mostly in the UK and Germany,,, and still managed to suck.

Spain. They always pull the same number,,, i got sick over it!!! Good grief!
Posted by: Gretchen6

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/02/06 10:39 AM

NO&DO Yankaluz,

Scary but I am hoping for the EXACT same thing. I know they are the under dogs but.... Goooooooooooo Portugal :jump: I think I am more into this than "The Tour" this year for sure.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/03/06 12:16 PM

NO&DO Yankaluz,
Do you think that Portugal has a chance to win? Or, is it high hopes?

I too would join you all in wishing Portugal the best! If not them, then at least Italy!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/03/06 03:11 PM

Gretch: Great minds think alike! wink wink

Booklady: Does Portugal have a chance?
Why, yes! They've got this far they sure have a chance...
xfingers
...they'll have to play real hard for that chance.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/03/06 05:55 PM

I hope it's an Italy-Portugal final. Eye candy for everyone!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/04/06 03:53 AM

You can have Cheataly - UnsPortugal in the third place play-off.

I'm hoping for a France - Germany final as the other two teams cheated their way through.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/04/06 04:13 AM

I don't want Portugal to win, I want France to win now, as it's Zidanes last season and it would be great for him to go out on a win.

Don't want Portugal to win coz I hate Ronaldo.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/04/06 05:03 PM

Germany-Italy is an exciting game! The German goalie is a bit of a brutish fellow; he mowed down a little Italian fellow like he was playing Rugby!

Germany 0-0 Italy!

On Extra time, the game continues in excitement. The Italians almost made two goals but their balls hit the posts. Likewise the Germans almost made a goal but the Italian goalie saved the play for the Italians!

Very aggressive game. These two teams are skilled players; whichever one wins will win by pure luck, not because one is better than others they are evenly matched.

Applause to both teams! clap cool

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/04/06 05:28 PM

What suspense! What emotion!!! What energy!!!

!!!GOL!!!

ITALIA/ITALY

Another !GOL! ITALY!

Italy 2 - Germany 0

I feel sad for the Germans. frown They played an exciting game. Certainly much better than the Brazilian team against the French.

Well, NO&DO Yankaluz , your second wish has come true. Now let's see if Portugal beats France eek

Viva Italia!!! :jump: :jump:

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/04/06 06:23 PM

Ooohhhh!!!!! I thought that I was gonna die of a heart attack!!! I've just finished watching the game!!!

WHAT A GAME, eh?!?!?!?! 2 Goals in a row, a minute apart at the VERY possible end of the game!!!

Other records:
- Germany has never won to Italy.
- Germany's record of never losing in Dortmund, BROKEN !!!

Now I'll worry about Portugal.

Oh, booklady! One more wish:
3rd Place, Germany to win over France wink
How about it?

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/04/06 07:42 PM

NO&DO Yankaluz

Germany to win over France!

I'll drink another Sidra for that! The Germans are wonderfully skilled players!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/06/06 12:37 AM

Why does everyone hate C. Ronaldo? He's hot!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/06/06 04:10 AM

He's a sneaky cheating weasel

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/06/06 09:14 AM

Well, it looks like it will be between Italy and France this coming Sunday. Fortunately for me, it will be televised via Univision.

Not being a footie follower, I'd like to ask those in the know, who do they think has the best chance of winning this cup?

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/06/06 09:57 AM

It would be a great time to be in France now. A really a special time. If they win there will celebrations all over the country.

Then the following week is Bastille Day and there will be celebrations again.

France is a wonderful country to get a hangover in.

Bill

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/06/06 12:43 PM

Darn! I enjoyed Italy beating Germany then suffered seeing Portugal loose to France by a bloody penalty,,, Portugal played WAY better!!!

Bah! Here's my new wish list.

- Italy win over France on the final.
- Portugal win over Germany for 3rd place.

Anyone else? Booklady?

wink

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/06/06 09:02 PM

France is a fantastic country to eat those buttery delights,Madelaines! Monsieur Proust did do them justice. In spain I ate those little delights called Magdalenas by Martinez, S.A.

Well NO&DO Yankaluz I hope that Italia will win!
Then, may the better team win for third place.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/07/06 04:01 AM

I want France to win over Italy, then Germany to beat Portugal.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/07/06 04:05 AM

Allez les bleus, send the Cheataliens home with their tails between their legs. Here's a short film from the Cheatalien Training camp:

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/marko167/?action=view&current=ItalianTrainingCamp.flv

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/09/06 02:09 PM

Well, it looks like its the French that are using "cheating techniques" to win!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/09/06 02:21 PM

!!!!!!GOL!!!!!!!
Italia got one! FAIR AND SQUARE! Not from some phony penalty kick!

An actual head shot to the goal!

Fabulous!!!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/09/06 04:19 PM

That Zidane gave a vicious head butt to the chest of an Italian player. What a nasty guy, he lowered his head and nails the Italian player! Why??? Such a classy player a Zidane to end his career like a creep!

Bizarre, its almost like he wants the French to lose. Well, they kicked him out of the game. The French are better off without him.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/09/06 04:46 PM

!!!!!!!ITALY WINS THE CUP!!!!!!!

:jump: :jump: :jump:
clap clap clap

Campeones justos: Italia.
Excellent players those Italians. Won fair and square!!!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/09/06 06:02 PM

I not a soccer fan and maybe I dislike deceiving the game over plenty kicks. To me it is like flipping a coin. rolleyes

But Zidane head butt gave Italy the game, it was stupid and hateful. It will be talked about years from now. You cannot mention Italy's world cup win in one sentence without mentioning Zidane head butt in the second sentence. confused

Now Italy team can go back Italy enjoy their moment in the sun because soon they will have to deal with their up coming soccer scandals. :yuck:

Bill

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/10/06 01:18 AM

We won't see this team again, perhaps. The next time the FIFA cup comes along will be 2010. Maybe then Spain will win the cup!

If its a consolation the Italians received a purse of $20 million dollars, and the French a purse of $18 million, not bad for a night's work!

The only real loser was Zidane, whose bizarre behaviour was the most unsportsmanlike in the whole final! I feel bad for the French team, they deserve better than that.
Posted by: Fidel

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/10/06 06:09 AM

That's what the french suppose to do in the WW2 and not doing this bizarre act in a final game of the World Cup,Zidane is another "good french",...
Posted by: Fidel

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/10/06 06:14 AM

Well, justice has been made,Zidane score the last two goal for penalties,what is the big deal ? and at the end like a good french made the bizarre ,I enjoy the lost of France more than the victory of Italy,

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/10/06 11:26 AM

Whatever good Zidane did in his career was totally lost with his headbutt.

Nice of him to support his team all the way to the end. Imbecil..... All I can say to Zidane is "Good Ridance".

Justice prevaled and the better team won the cup clap

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/10/06 11:34 AM

Congratulations Italy !!!

Zidane! What an ass!!! Why!?!?

Hey, at least Spain won something too!
Looky here...

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060709/1/8p5k.html

Electracity: Amen, brother!

Fidel: I also enjoyed France's downfall more than Italy's victory. The same happened when Germany lost... mmmmuahahaha...

Did you all forget that France eliminated our beloved Spain !?!?! Grrr!!!

Well, it's all over now, it was great fun!

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/11/06 12:46 PM

Copy from New York Times today

Quote:
Materazzi admitted he insulted Zidane before the France captain head-butted him, but denied calling him a ''terrorist.''

''I did insult him, it's true,'' Materazzi said in Tuesday's Gazzetta dello Sport. ''But I categorically did not call him a terrorist. I'm not cultured and I don't even know what an Islamic terrorist is.''

The 32-year-old Inter Milan player did not elaborate exactly on what he said to Zidane.

''It was one of those insults you're told tens of times and that always fly around the pitch,'' he said.

Materazzi does not know what an Islamic terrorist is? Maybe to many soccer balls have hit him in the head for Materazzi to give a reason like that and think that people, beside his fans, will believe that one.

So why Materazzi cannot say what he said for the 11 time? confused

Bill

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/12/06 03:28 AM

Two BBC stations hired a lip-reader, the first thought he called Zidane "son of a terrorist whore" the second, this on the day when Zidane was uncertain to play because his mother had been taken very seriously ill and was admitted to hospital, said the Italian said "I hope your mother dies a slow and painful death".

Either way, the Italian was out of order making such comments, but Zidane should have been profesional enough to either ignore it at least until after the game when he could have lamped the chap in the tunnel. A sad end to World Cup 2006, which really wasn't a great tournament, will be remembered for awful referees and Zidane's moment of madness.

Re: Spain World Cup Score - 07/12/06 05:58 PM

Well, maybe next time FIFA will offer sensitivity training!
laugh