Andalucia what is it. Madrid

Posted by: Rob in Madrid

Andalucia what is it. Madrid - 05/05/06 05:45 AM

Going through Chamartin station everyday they have this huge rail cars with "Andalucia ilega al corazon del Madrid" beautifully painted on the side, any idea what that is about?

rob
Posted by: Yankaluz

Re: Andalucia what is it. Madrid - 05/06/06 12:29 AM

Hmmm,,,, I read your post this morning and couldn't understand what you meant.

It just dawned on me now that it must have been a typo!!! Are you sure that it says "ilega"?

"Andalucia llega al corazon de Madrid" makes sense versus "Andalucia ilega al corazon de Madrid"

See what I'm sayin'?

So my guess is that it's a nicety roughly translated as "Andalucia touches the heart of Madrid"
Posted by: robbieroy

Re: Andalucia what is it. Madrid - 05/06/06 02:30 AM

This is the slogan of a tourist campaign to attract Madrilenos to Andalucia on holiday. There is a exposition of what Andalucia has to offer in terms of culture and activities in el paseo de la Castellana in Madrid. The title of this is "El legado Andalusí," and the logo outside is a giant green heart.
Hope this helps.
RR
Posted by: Rob in Madrid

Re: Andalucia what is it. Madrid - 05/06/06 03:58 AM

I googled Andalucia and it came up with Tourist information so I figured it was something along those lines. rob
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Andalucia what is it. Madrid - 05/16/06 06:43 AM

I thought it might have something to do with a group of Madrid restaurants called Giralda. "Andalucia llega al corazon de Madrid" is very similar to the slogan they have used for several years. rolleyes

We dined at the one on c/Maldonado between c/Serrano and Paseo de la Castellana. At the time, there were three restaurants: maybe they have expanded?? cool