Los Huesos de Colón ("The Bones of Columbus")

Posted by: CaliBasco

Los Huesos de Colón ("The Bones of Columbus") - 06/03/03 01:28 PM

Well, they've dug him up. Columbus is on his way to Granada...or at least someone's remains are. See THIS article from Fox on the mariner's DNA testing.

I hope they find out if he's really the father of my baby, too. laugh
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Los Huesos de Colón ("The Bones of Columbus") - 06/03/03 08:03 PM

Be sure to read the long-ish discussion on this topic (including Señor Tabasco's wink ever-so-clever comments) at the " Article:ChristopherColumbus ". Interesting topic.
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: Los Huesos de Colón ("The Bones of Columbus") - 06/05/03 02:00 PM

MM: I tried to search for the Columbus threads, which I know I've seen and commented on in the past, but couldn't find them. Thanks for the link. I'm going to go back to school and take Message Board 101 so that I don't come off as an idiot again! wink
Posted by: La Sorpresa

Re: Los Huesos de Colón ("The Bones of Columbus") - 06/05/03 02:11 PM

I was in Seville on October 12, 1999 (forgetting that it was our "Columbus Day") and happened to wander past the cathedral. The most amazing procession was taking place - I would swear the whole city was there. I jumped right in the middle and 'paraded' around the city then back to the cathedral where I ended up at the front of the group. Inside there was a beautiful ceremony honoring Columbus. I was right beside some very important looking men. One was the mayor I think. I will never forget that day. I hope they discover the dna is a match, for the casket and memioial inside the cathedral is GORGEOUS!