International Phone Cards

Posted by: Gageless

International Phone Cards - 02/04/03 07:10 AM

Hi gang,
back again, and I found accomodation but thatīs a different story. Badly need to find out what teh best value for money international phone card is here. Phone rates are a rip off. Surely thereīs a cheaper way. I want Spain to Australia by the way,
Thanks in advance,
NZL
Posted by: nachomama

Re: International Phone Cards - 02/05/03 09:35 AM

Try Corte Ingles. If you go to the section where they sell cell phones and ask one of the sales people about buying a phonecard, they have a huge list of countries and rates, and can let you know which card will get the biggest bang for your buck.
Posted by: Eddie

Re: International Phone Cards - 02/06/03 05:28 AM

I haven't had occasion to call Australia from Spain but I have called the U.S. and Ireland. I always go to a Tabacalera and buy a Tarjeta Telefonica, the kind with an I/C on the card itself. I found Spain to U.S. rates to be very cheap. The phones are at the blue Telefonica kiosks. As a matter of fact, a 3-minute call to the U.S. from Spain cost me less than a 3-minute call to a mobile in Spain. The cheapest Tarjeta Telefonica is 6-euros. I don't know what the next denomination is but you can add money to the card at a phone.

They have the same type system in Ireland but the Spain card doesn't work there & the Ireland card doesn't work in Spain.