looking for 1984 exchange student

Posted by: Sue How

looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/14/02 03:14 PM

I am trying to locate an exchange student who was with us 1984-1985 school year . The last I heard he was married and an attorney in Madrid. Any ideas how to finrd him??? laugh
Posted by: madridmanjim

Re: looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/21/02 08:48 PM

For what it´s worth, I heard the other day that a kid in Spain recently started up a site for locating old friends, I believe. You might try a search for antiguosamigos.es or something like that or do a search on google... In the meantime, I will try to track down the specific name.
Posted by: Chica

Re: looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/22/02 05:36 AM

How´s your Spanish? If it´s good try checking out Spain´s Yellow Pages and click onto the link for the white pages. It will be helpful if you know BOTH last names of the student who stayed with you. If you want, email me the name of the student and I will see if I can track him down. You could also try doing a google search by popping his name into the search engine...you might come up with some info about him... particularly if he is an attorney in Madrid...
Posted by: Sue How

Re: looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/22/02 06:49 PM

Thanks for your help. His name is Jaime Muguiro Dominguez his last known address is Gral Martinez Campos 53 28010 Madrid It is a real shame that we lost touch but so much had happened since I last heard from him and time seems to slip by.
Posted by: Fernando

Re: looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/22/02 07:44 PM

Uhhm, I did search the Páginas Blancas for you and I found this record:

JAIME MUGUIRO Y GONZALEZ DE CASTEJON
Address: Pº Gral. Martínez Campos, number 53 (Zip Code: 28010 - Madrid)
Telephone number: 91 308 17 13

The only difference is the second surname, but that may be due to the fact that the telephone is actually registered by his father and not by him. I bet this telephone is his father's, and that you could ask himself about his son.

If I can help you in any other way...

Fernando
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/22/02 08:37 PM

Fernando/Sue, I got the same result. He has probably either moved out of Madrid city or isn't listed in the phone book. Some people disconnect their phones altogether and opt fo móvil/cellphone service alone. I'd suggest going through the different cities in Spain, at least the larger ones, and see if he turns up that way. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Booklady

Re: looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/22/02 10:35 PM

Hi Sue,

Here in the States we have directories and associations that can provide the working address of attorneys, CPA's and medical professionals. If the legal professional organization in Spain is similar to ours there must be a directory of abogados that may list the name of your licensed attorney.

I did a quick search and found the name and address of the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid
C/. Serrano, 9-11
28001-Madrid
España
Internet: http://www.icam.es
E-mail: icam@icam.es

and the,
Consejo General de la Abogacía Española
Paseo de Recoletos, 13 (esquina Prim) 28004-Madrid
Tfno.: 91-523-25-93
Fax: 91-532-78-36

You may be able to track your friend through his professional association.

Good luck.
Posted by: Fernando

Re: looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/23/02 07:28 AM

Perhaps I have not explained myself well...

In Spain Telefonica (the main telecommunications company) registers each telephone line to a single person, which is the one who pays it.

You may also know that in Spain young people lives usually with their parents even when they start to work.

Another interesting fact is that it is frequent that the first son is named after his father's name. In the States if you have a father called Mathew Smith a son with the same name would be called Mathew Smith Jr. In Spain someone called Jaime Muguiro y González de Castejón could have a son called Jaime Muguiro Domínguez (Domínguez being the surname of his mother).

Thus, this individual could be living in his parents house, in which the telephone line is obviously registered to his father's name and not his.

Sue: What I would do if I was you is calling the number I have written above and asking if they have a son called Jaime Muguiro Domínguez, and where can you contact with him.

Regards.

Fernando
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/24/02 04:22 PM

I'm looking for a long lost friend in Madrid as well...actually Alcalá de Henares. His name is Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, and the last I heard he'd gone on to become a somewhat notorious writer. Could you do that white pages thing and track him down for me? rolleyes

But seriously...I am looking for a guy in the travel business by the name of Tomás Camerón (I actually thing he lived on Gral. Cabrera, too...go figure). If anyone's interested in feeding my laziness and would like to look Tomás up, let me know what you find. ¡Gracias!
Posted by: caminante

Re: looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/24/02 04:39 PM

I don't have any 1984 exchange students, but I can give you two 1982 exchange students and a 1983 Steve Garvey baseball card.

Sorry, seeing Cali's search for Cervantes led me to put my first thought on seeing the title of the thread
Posted by: Booklady

Re: looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/24/02 08:07 PM

laugh laugh laugh By the Way Calibasco, I found your friend, Miguel, on my way to do laundry at that wonderful Cyber Laundry OndaBlu Calle de Leon 3, Huertas. Found our friend Miguel nearby as I was meandering. Miguel looked the same, the guy does not age, looks like he was made of stone! rolleyes
Posted by: Lipstique

Re: looking for 1984 exchange student - 09/24/02 10:50 PM

Your friend might be listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Directory . This is a directory of lawyers. You can search by name and country.

Also, if you know where he got his law degree, you can check with the alumni association.

Hope you find him.