Good Luck Barca!

Posted by: toddy

Good Luck Barca! - 08/11/02 09:54 PM

I think the boys will do much better this year! I, and my daughter, were proudly wearing our Barca jersey out and about today and got quite a few thumbs up!

Anyone up for a Barca bet?

Visca la Barca!!!!!!!!!

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 08/12/02 06:09 PM

I guess there's no Barca fans out there..........hmmmmmmmm......there MUST be SOME Real Madrid(yuck) fans who are up for a sporting bet.
PS. i feel a little lonely here adding my own replies frown

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 08/13/02 04:26 PM

How about if Real Madrid tops Barca I have to wear a Real Madrid jersey all day long? Is that sporting enough?
Posted by: alejandro

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 08/26/02 07:36 PM

Okay, Toddy. What's the Barca bet you have in mind? Points behind Real Madrid in the final table? :p Barca will look much better if they get Jimmy Floyd from Chelsea but Real will be tough to beat if they focus a bit more on the league this year. Personally, I'd like to see Valencia or La Coruna be on top.

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 08/26/02 08:00 PM

Alejandro,
The skies the limit (english expresion)
I'm sure there's a few Real Madrid fans on this site who would LOVE to see me humiliate myself.
Visca el Barca smile

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/14/02 05:54 PM

Who cares about the King's Cup :o
Visca el Barca 2-0!!!!!!!!!! laugh

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/14/02 06:00 PM

I guess it's lights out for real madrid laugh
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/15/02 03:51 PM

Lucky Madrid, as usual!! Who was the Sevillana electricity worker who pulled the plug and saved them?? rolleyes

Er, just to say that for a few minutes last night, Malaga were top of La Liga!! Dod you say you wanted a bet Toddy?? eek

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/15/02 06:14 PM

Ahhhh, a Malaga supporter, like Antonio Banderas, no?

I want to bet someone, but let's make it interesting....... wink
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/16/02 04:22 PM

That last post makes you "Seven-of-Nine", toddy. Keep up threads like this and you'll be up over 2000 posts in no time.

CaliBasco [Who will be adding another post every 24 hours to this thread. rolleyes ]

P.D. ¡Aupa Athlétic!

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/16/02 07:58 PM

Oh, that's right, Barca beat Athletic Bilbao wink

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/22/02 12:59 PM

En hora buena al Barca!
Just another step closer laugh

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/29/02 10:32 AM

mad ouch mad

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/30/02 07:47 AM

Ouch indeed, Toddy! :p I see Malaga are now three places ahead of Barça after our draw at Vigo against the league leaders..... Hmm..I don't hear Cali talking football this morning ... wonder how Athletic fared against the bottom placed team in their own stadium? rolleyes
Posted by: Shawn

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/30/02 08:41 AM

When it comes to football, the only team worth getting excited about plays its home games in Valladolid. ¡Aupa Puleca! ¡Aupa Puclea!

Toddy if your wifes is from Burgos, how can you possibly support Barça? The only Castillian team in the first division is Real Valladolid. Racing Santander is back in the first division, so support for them might be reasonable for a Burgulesa, but for Barça never!
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/30/02 04:15 PM

The fact that Athlétic wins games at all with (until VERY recently) a home-grown Basque-only talent pool is amazing...and they've won their share of matches against the "second-best-Spanish-team-money-can-buy", toddy, thank you very much.

It's really too bad that Barça spends all that money and only gets (recently) second- and third-place finishes (behind Dépor and RM). At least Real Madrid can buy a Copa or two (or three or four...).

I lost interest in following El Barfa...er...Barça when Ronald Koeman was let go...yet another dutchman bought to try to get them a little hardware...¡collóns!

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 09/30/02 08:08 PM

Quote:
Toddy if your wifes is from Burgos, how can you possibly support Barça?
Hmmmm....., the city of Burgos and El Cid's body and horse's huevos everywhere orrrrrr the beautiful modern and historic city of Barcelona. I "have" to like Burgos but I want to LOVE Barcelona and ALL of Catalunya (the only place I think I could live in Spain).

Capitalism meets sport = Barcelona will be back Cali wink

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 10/06/02 09:14 PM

A tie..... a tie..... almost a complete ouch mad
Posted by: Miguelito

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 10/07/02 07:03 AM

congratulations Anchovy!!

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 10/07/02 07:47 AM

Gracias Miguelito! laugh Our win (3-1) against Atletico Madrid was Malaga's 14th game undefeated now and are up to 3rd in La Liga, while Barça seem to be going backwards toddy, I'm afraid. frown Hmm, let's see, that's Malaga three points and five places clear of the boys from the Nou Camp.... what was that bet...?? wink

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 10/07/02 11:45 PM

Thank goodness the Spanish season is as long as the noses (je je je)

The fat lady isn't even dressed yet laugh

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 10/22/02 07:40 PM

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mad
(Real Madrid lost :p )

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 10/23/02 04:15 AM

I never said a word, toddy! rolleyes .... I could have done.... laugh

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 10/23/02 07:29 AM

Do you realise that there are nearly as many red mad faces on this thread as Barça have points in La Liga?? :p

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 10/27/02 04:08 AM

toddy!! Something to cheer about at last!! 6-1 to Barça!! laugh Were they playing a girl's team? wink

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 10/27/02 10:40 AM

Visca al Barca!!!!!!!!!!! laugh
This is for sure a new season laugh
and Real Madrid tied laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 11/03/02 09:12 PM

Whew,
at least real madrid tied.
Visca al Barca!

Re: Good Luck Barca! - 11/09/02 09:01 PM