Madridman is famous!!

Posted by: replay

Madridman is famous!! - 07/17/02 04:57 PM

Today one of the most readed free newspaper in Spain called "20 Minutos Madrid" published a little article about Madrid lovers and their webs, and Madridman appeared in the center of the article, with a typical webcam shoot.

So our friend is famous!! laugh
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 07/17/02 05:18 PM

:o
Posted by: JoeSambuca

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 07/18/02 01:17 AM

Go Madridman!
Can I be your Agent?
I have it all planed...personal apperances!
photo shoots...Boston! New york! London! Sevilla!

Have a cigar..you're going to go far
Posted by: Chrissiij

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 07/18/02 04:07 AM

Riche, I'm cringing at the thought of you being Madridman's agent. Yeah, sure you'd take him to all those different places, but to do what? The tourist in you would come RACING to the surface, and you'll be buying french berets, london hats........t-shirts......postcards.........ANYTHING you can lay your touristy little mits on!
Madridman - you deserve all the fame you get! Just make sure you remember us all!
Posted by: picara

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 07/18/02 03:06 PM

ooooh, oooooh, I saw it too, at the gym, and I couldn't contain myself. I ran around shouting, MadridMan's in the paper, Madridman's in the paper!!!!

Of course, people thought I was crazy wink but I knew what I was talking about... rolleyes

Congratulations MM! It was a good review too!

smile
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 07/18/02 08:17 PM

You can be the agent, I'll be MadridMan's VP of Marketing...I see MM lunch boxes, socks, designer boxer shorts and the obligatory t-shirts and jackets.

How about MM partyware?...I can see it now, hundreds of young kids forgoing the seemingly more popular "Episode II: Attack of the Clones" paper plates and napkins for the infinitely more classy "MadridMan: Attack of the Free Keychain if You Buy my Video" paper goods! laugh

Congratulations MM!!
Posted by: Nate

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 07/18/02 09:08 PM

Congradulations to Madrid Man. Richie would be a great agent, but I was in London with Richie and he did buy a beautiful sweatshirt. Ask him about it.

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 07/19/02 09:00 AM

Nate, I still have nightmares about that jumper! Madridman, if Riche's going to be your agent, then I can arange your diaries for you, plus air travel, etc. Nothing but first class for MM.
Posted by: GranadaGirl

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 07/20/02 12:37 AM

Then I want to be MM's travelling secretary OR I can follow him around & take notes for his memoirs!!

Congrats MM, you're famous!!

-GG
Posted by: mencey

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 07/20/02 01:48 AM

picture it...Vacationing on the white sanded beaches of Fuerteventura.....away from the papparazzi! bollicao in one hand fanta de limon in the other.
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 08/02/02 06:59 AM

Excerpt from an interview with MadridMan, The Times (London), August, 2010.

So, Sir MadridMan, congratulations on the knighthood. How does it feel?

Awesome, of course. For an “American” (and I say that in inverted commas) like oneself, it's a great honour to receive this degree from the University of Buckingham. I'm “pretty bloody chuffed” as you Brits would say! (laughs)

Your company MMWorld Inc. now owns the internet – is it good for so much power to be in the hands of one man, however handsome?

Well, Bill Gates controls the operating system of every computer in the known universe, and he's much uglier than me! No, seriously, MMWorld is a totally democratic company that I like to think belongs to its members, which of course is everyone who wants to use the internet! Besides, we have a message board where anyone can say what they think, as long as they don't upset me.

Ah yes, the famous message board. Remind us how it all got started.

Well, I think everyone knows the story! I had a site dedicated to Madrid, and the users pestered me to put up a message board, which I did. It became so successful that I sold millions of my well-known videos (with free key-chain), which now cover every city in the world (except Philadelphia). The MM franchise quickly spread throughout the world and I made enough money to buy the Internet! Olé!

Olé! It's impressive that you still speak Spanish. Do you feel you owe anything to the people who posted on that first Spain message board, and made it a success?

That's an interesting question. No.

Nothing?

Nada! To be honest they were a very weird bunch of people, deluded, obsessive, self-righteous, forever arguing and going off-topic. Someone would ask for a hotel recommendation for Madrid, and after one reply they'd be arguing about whether Europe was more racist than the US (which of course it is). Jolines! Nowadays of course this doesn't happen. We have content filters which send an electric shock back to the user's keyboard if they misbehave.

You're also famous for never wearing a shirt?

Ah, you noticed. Yes, I found it was a big hit with the “ladeez” on my first site, so I stuck with it.

Any ambitions left to achieve?

Well, I have this “ladyfriend” (and I say that in inverted commas) who lives in Madrid…
Posted by: Asterault

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 08/02/02 08:00 AM

What's this about Philadelphia? Tread lightly, "mate"

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 08/02/02 08:25 AM

That was a brilliant "interview" (and I say that in inverted commas!)
Had me in stiches.
Posted by: Puna

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 08/02/02 09:26 AM

Hey El Boqueron - you missed your calling! That interview was right up there with commentary by Siskel, Ebert, Art Buchwald and the like. Well done! laugh
Posted by: pim

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 08/02/02 10:53 AM

Hilarious! Congrats Boqueron!
But he (and his ladyfriend) will be named 'Grandes de España' by king Don Juan Carlos prior to that, uh?
Posted by: Fernando

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 08/02/02 12:12 PM

Great! What a fine sense of humour! laugh

Fernando
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 08/02/02 12:44 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAHHAHAHAHAAA!!!! That was SO funny, El Boqueron. I HOPE EVERYONE REALIZES THAT THIS WAS Señor Boquerone's (which ALMOST rhymes with "cojo***", by the way) INVENTION & I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Really, you had me giggling laugh for quite awhile. Sounds like something one would write for The Onion (satirical newspaper in the USA). And by the way, I ain't got nuttin' 'gainst those in/from Philly! :p "MMWorld Inc.".. kinda has a nice ring to it.. I'd better get to work! heheehe.. wink

Thanks for the laughs, El Boqueron. Have a nice (and cool) weekend, everyone!

Saludos, Sir MadridMan
(title actually bestowed upon me by King Juan Carlos Junior, King of the Chorizo & Madrid Keychain mail-order empire out of Chino, California. laugh -- I think he was Basque wink )
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: Madridman is famous!! - 08/05/02 05:24 AM

:o :o You're all very kind! (and no offence to Philly! - I think it was something I picked up from watching US comedy shows!)