Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid)

Posted by: Tia

Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/01 12:47 AM

This is why I love Madrid so much.

My Madrid is:

Habit-forming
Adorable
Precious
Preferable
Year-round

Beautiful
Irreplaceble
Real
Traitorous
High-pitched
Dignified
And
Yammy
!

Tia smile

Actually I hope (for your sake) you won´t see this today because that means your boss has given you the day off and you can enjoy your cumpleaños to the full!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/01 01:14 AM

Hey THANKS, TIA!!!!! I do appreciate that. laugh Unfortunately I'll be working a full day and then enjoying a Mexican meal (HUH?!? WHAT?! Not Spanish??!) tonight. :p

Saludos, MadridMan (now 36-years old)

(Special note: Some of you might have the kindhearted urge to send e-cards for my birthday, but please don't. I'd rather not have my email address plugged into anyone's database unless I need to do it myself. Thanks for respecting my wishes on this. Some of those places are breeding grounds for spammers and I really don't need more of that than I already get daily. Thanks!!)
Posted by: Diana

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/01 07:01 AM

A very happy birthday to the guy who made this great website and bulletin board possible! Have a wonderful day!

smile smile smile smile smile
Posted by: Wolf

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/01 08:37 AM

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear M a d r i d man!
Happy birthday to y o u!

You load sixteen tons, and what do you get?
Another day older, and deeper in debt!

St. Peter don't you call me 'cuz I can't g o!
I owe my soul to the company store!

Always remember that work is the curse of the drinking class (wine & Spanish beers only to be inserted here)! wink Have a good meal, and burp one extra time for us tonight.

Wolf (Who fights having birthdays since he got older... :()
Posted by: churrocaliente

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/01 10:08 AM

We'll toast to you on the 29th!

Have a happy bday! laugh

Churrito

(And please say "excuse me" after you follow Wolf's suggestion to burp)
Posted by: Nicole

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/01 12:33 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MM!!! laugh We all love ya!

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/01 01:17 PM

<sniff!> frown All of you are great. Thanks so much for making this an extra special day for me. Tonight at the Mexican restaurant I'll raise a glass of Carta Blanca with you all in mind (since I can't get my hands on a Mahou ).

AND JUST NOW, in the middle of writing this posting, my ladyfriend called me from Puerta del Sol to wish me a Happy Birthday. Wasn't that sweet?? smile She called me just after midnight last night too. Ahhhh... You all warm my heart. Thank you!!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Fernando

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/01 01:29 PM

This is a reason worth of writting some lines smile

¡Cumpleaaaaaaaños feeeeeliz!
¡Te deseeeeeaaaamos tooooodoooos!

Felicidades MadridMan.

Thanks for creating this wonderful site of encounter between different cultures, thanks for promoting my city, thanks for promoting my country, spanish culture,... (I would never stop).

Fernando
Posted by: Booklady

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/01 02:33 PM

Dear MadridMan,
Many Happy returns on your Birthday! May you always wear your years well!!!

Fuertes Abrazos,
Booklady
Posted by: pim

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/01 04:00 PM

'Apio verde' to you,
'Apio verde' to you,
'Apio verde' MMaaan,
'Apio verde' to you!!!

MMan,
Glad to know, you're a sagittarius, we're the best! wink
ESPERO QUE LO PASES FENOMENAL EN EL MEJICANO!

En España estamos de puente!!! :p

Hasta pronto,

pim
Posted by: Shawn

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/01 05:28 PM

Happy Birthday!
With age comes wisdom, so I must remind you that friends don't let friends drink CARTA BLANCA mad . I encourage you to remember that tonight is kind of special, and in order to avoid the bitter beer face, choose a Bohemia or a Negro Modelo. wink

Cheers!
Shawn
laugh
Posted by: Puna

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/06/01 10:07 AM

A belated very Happy Birthday Madridman - and a super 36th year in every way possible! Maybe this is the year you'll be able to really move to Madrid!
Posted by: GranadaGirl

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/06/01 01:13 PM

Belated Feliz cumpleanos MM!!
Posted by: taravb

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/03/02 07:18 PM

Hey, another year has gone by...it hardly seems possible that our dear friend MadridMan is finally turning 29 years old this Thursday. Again.

Many happy returns of the day, MadridMan! And I hope it's your last birthday as a resident of Columbus!
Posted by: JoeSambuca

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/03/02 08:07 PM

Happy Birthday Madridman!!

Thanks for everything. Remember true wealth is friends, family & wine. May my first born son be named madridman!!!

Have a good one.
RC

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/03/02 08:50 PM

Ahhh shucks! Thanks, you two!!! rolleyes What a memory, Tara! (I know - ICQ tipped you off)

I'm going to be 37 years YOUNG!!! eek Your well wishes are enough. PLEASE, NO ONE SEND ME ANY OF THOSE FUNKY E-CARDS WHERE YOU ENTER AN EMAIL ADDRESS!! Those services are furtile grounds for SPAM-mongers whom harvest emails for more spam. (I get AT LEAST 100 spam emails per day as it is eek )

JoeSambuca, "I pity the fool..." who names his kid "madridman". wink

taravb, I TOO hope this will be my LAST birthday in Columbus and the next several (or all) will be in Madrid. Cross your fingers y ¡tocar madera!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Quintos233

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/03/02 08:51 PM

Happy birth day Madrid Man
Posted by: kelar419

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/03/02 11:39 PM

Congrats MadridMan!!!! Happy Birthday laugh !!!
Posted by: Booklady

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/03/02 11:47 PM

Feliz Cumpleaños, MadridMan! I second the voices that wish you many birthdays in Madrid! smile
Fuerte Abrazo!
Posted by: Espe3

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/03/02 11:59 PM

Happy birf day ! smile
Posted by: carmendeespana

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/04/02 04:28 AM

Happy Birthday!!!

Es un muchacho excelente,
es un muchacho excelente,
es un muchacho exceleeenteee
y siempre lo será.

Another song we sing on birthdays. wink
Posted by: pim

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/04/02 06:43 AM

MadridMan,

¡¡¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS!!!

Te deseo lo mejorcito del mundo, y a ver si es verdad que te vienes pronto a vivir aquí para quizás convertirte en ColumbusMan rolleyes . Se te quiere mucho en Madrid. Estas navidades no serán lo mismo sin tu visita, pero....aguantaremos hasta la primavera! laugh .

Muchos besos y abrazos virtuales,

Paloma
Posted by: esperanza

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/04/02 08:30 AM

Yes, we're going to a party.party Yes, we're going to a party, party Yes, we're going to a party, party. I would like you to dance-Birthday Take a ch-cha dance BIrthday I would like you to dance- Birthday Dance You say it's your birthday Well, it's my birthday too-yeah You say it's your birthday We're gonna have a good time I'm glad it's your birthday Happy birthday to you. Lennon/McCartney

At our house we ALWAYS play the birthday song REALLY LOUD at breakfast for the birthday boy/girl. It is our tradition and I would like to play it for you...Madridman...a member of my family for sure...really, thanks for helping me feed my obsession with España every day and for such a wonderful group of friends. ¡Feliz Cumpleaños!
Posted by: caminante

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/04/02 11:17 AM

Feliz Cumpleaños, Madridman!!!!!

May you celebrate your next birthday in Spain!!
Posted by: Chrissiij

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/04/02 11:54 AM

Happy Birthday Madridman!!!
Pushing 40............. laugh
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/04/02 12:30 PM

¡¡Happy Birthday MadridMan¡¡

Hope next year we can celebrate your birthday in Madrid with [your ladyfriend] and all the members of the board who are staying in Madrid on that time.

In the meantime, could you focus the webcam on your birthday cake? smile

By the way, there is no better way to thanks the girls who have wished you a happy birthday than to show yourself barechested tonight!! laugh :p I bet they are all dying to see you.

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/04/02 03:23 PM

But when do we get the webcam shot of you, Antonio, in your pyjamas? wink rolleyes
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/04/02 04:18 PM

Na na na na na na, they say it's your birthday! Na na na na na na, it's my birthday, too! Na na na na na na, they say it's your birthday! Gonna have a good time! ... Another Lennon/McCartney gem... smile

Happy 48th, MM...er...37th. You can run but you can't hide, "time's tide will smother you" -Morrissey :p
Posted by: Shawn

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/04/02 04:21 PM

Happy Birthday!

I hope this year you choose a SPANISH restaurant to celebrate.

On a cold midwestern day, I think a plate of lechazo proceeded by a heaping helping of garbanzos ought to help you enjoy the day while you are dreaming of Spain. Of course, on your birthday you deserve the best so a nice bottle of Vega Sicilia would complement the meal quite nicely wink And in order to complete this authentic supper, be sure to ask for queso de Burgos con miel y nuces it is the best! Make sure to drink your café con leche with this mouthwatering dish. And to wash it all down and to clean the pallate, a chupito is called for. laugh

I am getting hungry just thinking about Spanish food. Hope you are able to enjoy some tonight.

Cheers!
Posted by: Fernando

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/04/02 06:15 PM

¡Feliz cumpleaños! laugh

Fernando

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/02 02:40 PM

Real birthdays are not annual affairs. Real birthdays are the days when we have a new birth.
--Ralph Parlette

So...your next "birth-day" will happen when you move to Spain next year!
Posted by: Castiza

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/05/02 07:56 PM

Sing along with me:

"Feliz, feliz en tu día
amiguito que Dios te bendiga
que reine la paz en tu vida,
¡y que cumplas muchos más!"
Posted by: miche_dup1

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/06/02 10:33 AM

Ditto, laugh

Re: Special message to MM (Columbus Ohio, soon Madrid) - 12/09/02 12:48 PM

One final note: My 37th birthday was quite nice. I got a surprise phone call from my ladyfriend in Madrid BOTH at midnight (leading into my birthday) as well as one while I was at work. At work, my boss took me out to lunch (Gyros - he's greek) and several people wished me happy birthday at the office.

After work @ 7pm, I invited a coworker (as it is done in Spain) to a nice dinner at The Elevator Brewery & Draught Haus restaurant and brewery here in downtown Columbus. The place is an OLD bar and now is a bar and fine restaurant. What a great (and somewhat pricey - but it was a special occasion) meal too. I had pasta with grilled chicken and shrimp and crepes & coffee afterwords. We didn't leave until 9:30pm.

Went home and opened gifts from my parents and drank a glass of Spanish wine. It was a good day. And, in part, thanks to you all for your well-wishes.

Saludos, MadridMan