What´s lefse?

Posted by: Tia

What´s lefse? - 07/27/01 08:57 AM

I don´t want MM to bring great evil upon me so I change the Aresol-subject!
laugh laugh laugh Very funny, Wolf, but the truth is that I feel like throwing up when I try to spell out the discusting word: lutfisk. Lefse is an unsolved mystery so far ...
confused auntyjo (who loves herring)

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: tiajohanna ]
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: What´s lefse? - 07/27/01 09:17 AM

confused Does this have something to do with Spain in any way??? confused wink

Re: What´s lefse? - 07/27/01 09:21 AM

I guess not... I´ll shut my big mouth, I promise. :o
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: What´s lefse? - 07/27/01 09:37 AM

We're back to the Hostal Aresol question again! Incidentally, Auntie Jo, I thought Radiohead was speaking Welsh to you in the other thread wink

Just to clear it up, Hostal Aresol makes me laugh, because it sounds like the name we give to someone in English English, which is similar to the "donkey bottom" in American English! Nothing more sinister, honest laugh

(No more to come MM, honest)

Quite a few restaurants on the C del S have herrings as entradas and I have managed to avoid them up to now. I prefer boquerones, naturally wink
Posted by: Wolf

Re: What´s lefse? - 07/27/01 09:50 AM

tia,

I lament the fact I can't find lefse in Spain. I've looked everywhere! If anyone can tell me where there's a bakery that makes something at least similar, I would be grateful... laugh

As you can see from this link, it is similar to some offerings in Spain, but not identical. http://www.webcom.com/~treasure/lefse/lefse.html

I did sample something similar to lutefisk in Basque Country, and thought it was quite good. It was more of a seafood stew though, and wish I could remember the name. Can anyone help? It's a salted cod based dish.

Wolf (Actually staying on topic... Must be swamp water I'm boiling for coffee... rolleyes )

Re: What´s lefse? - 07/27/01 10:15 AM

One sunny afternoon in May when I sipped my Lambrusco on the terrace of a restaurant in the Paseo de los Tristes, Granada, they even served me some unidentified small fish (some kind of herring, I guess, but not as delicious as in Scandinavia) and potato chips. smile
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: What´s lefse? - 07/27/01 10:42 AM

Mmmm....the smell of potato lefse simmering in the morning...that's enough to make you want to....move. Wolf, here's a refrain just for you: (and no, MM it has NOTHING to do with Spain! :p)

«Lutefisk, lutefisk,
Lefse, lefse,
We're from Minnesota,
ya sure, ya betcha!»