Describing Spain

Posted by: C_ROK06

Describing Spain - 05/05/06 11:08 AM

How would you describe Spain? I'm looking for a phrase that would sum up the culture of Spain and need help with it. It's for a website I'm making for a trip that my classmates and I are taking. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks Again,
-Vik
Posted by: desert dweller

Re: Describing Spain - 05/05/06 09:25 PM

Vik: Spain is two things, 1st, a political subdivision of Europe, 2nd, it is a state of mind. To understand the second point you have to go there yourself. Once you are there, you will either not want to leave, or always be trying to get back. It really is not something that someone can tell you about you have to see it for yourself. Go and enjoy. smile cool
Posted by: Yankaluz

Re: Describing Spain - 05/06/06 12:18 AM

I have to second that.

Can you spare some time and finances for some field research? aka visit Spain, Madrid?

It would be kind of abstract and/or conflicting getting different accounts from different people's experiences.

Good luck,
Posted by: Bill from NYC

Re: Describing Spain - 05/08/06 08:58 AM

Old, historic, tragic, familiar, disarray and wonderful.

I guess where you live is how you describe Spain. Living in New York City made me compared Spain as a New Yorker.

Bill
Posted by: sallyanne

Re: Describing Spain - 05/09/06 06:26 AM

proud, macho, Catholic, enthusiastic, somnambulent, emerging, exciting.
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: Describing Spain - 05/09/06 06:40 AM

Thursday :hdspin: cool
Posted by: sallyanne

Re: Describing Spain - 05/09/06 07:35 AM

I'm so JEALOUS!!I want to go too!!
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Describing Spain - 05/09/06 08:32 AM

Quote:
How would you describe Spain? I'm looking for a phrase that would sum up the culture of Spain and need help with it. It's for a website I'm making for a trip that my classmates and I are taking.
If it were possible to sum up Spain's culture in a single phrase, it would have to be something like: Nature's handiwork that brings together bountiful Oceans and snow-capped mountains, and the Arts, the closest thing there is to Heaven, on this earth.

Re: Describing Spain - 05/10/06 11:38 AM

Thank you all for the responses, keep them comming if you can. Just to clarify things, we are headed there next summer and the site is to keep everyone that's going informed of what's going on with fund raising and meetings. ^_^

One of the main reasons I'm going is because my grandfather's family is from Bosque, and although on this trip we won't be going there, I would like to see this beautiful country that I've heard so much about. ^_^

Thanks again. You guys are incredibly helpful.
-Vik
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Describing Spain - 05/10/06 07:29 PM

Where is Bosque?

Literally translated, Bosque means 'Forest.'
Posted by: desert dweller

Re: Describing Spain - 05/10/06 10:33 PM

Just what part of Spain are you going to go to? I think that the region that your Grandmother is from is the "Basque" region, that is in the northeast area near Bibao. That food will make you gain 10 pounds in two weeks.The flavor of it is addictive, after taking two bites if you can resist, you are a better man than me. laugh

Re: Describing Spain - 05/11/06 05:51 PM

We'll be headed to Costa del Sol, Cordoba, Madrid, and Pamplona. And yes, it's in the north-eastern part of spain.
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Describing Spain - 05/21/06 01:04 PM

get a cd or cassette from singer Dyango call Suspiros de Espanha; its in Spanish but will tell exactly what is Spain.

A dream fit like a woman!
Posted by: eltorero

Re: Describing Spain - 06/10/06 06:39 PM

Passion, Heaven on Earth, Machismo, Pride, History, Culturally Rich, and of course, my personal favorite: addictive.