What about the BOYS in Spain?

Posted by: Darja05

What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/04/05 06:18 AM

Hola

There is all this talk about beautiful women in Spain, so, tell me, what are the boys like there? wink
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/04/05 06:33 AM

Hi darja05

I just image Googled "boys in spain" and this was one of the first pictures that showed!

In my experience, they are slightly more attractive in real live cool

Jo
Posted by: Pia

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/04/05 07:17 AM

Unfortunately, at least in Andalucia, the mullet is very in smile
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/04/05 07:36 AM

Hahahahaa.... Well, I think the guys look pretty good (heterosexually speaking, that is) on average but my Spanish ladyfriend begs to differ.

Again, this might be considered by many as a "silly topic" because, as we discussed in the "women of Spain" thread(s!), beauty is all relative. depends on your perspective, AND is only skin deep. smile

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/04/05 09:30 AM

Pia

I think I must be in a minority, because I actually really like some of the mullets I have seen in Spain ...

I thought Fernando Torres looked at his best with his

Right, miguelito?

Jo
Posted by: MATADOR

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/04/05 12:57 PM

I don't think that is mullet. I think it is more like a mohawk. I always thought that the mullet is more like the tail of a rat.
Posted by: OsoMajor

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/04/05 01:36 PM

Didn't the mullet die in 1989? confused YUK!!!! :p

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/04/05 10:22 PM

Hehehhehe!! All of you guys are so funny and friendly! Thanx for the comments everyone!

wink Darja
Posted by: meencantaespana

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/05/05 10:30 PM

I am in looooooooov ewith Spanish guys...*****..they are sooo hot...come to think of it...ive never even kissed an american for this...lol
Posted by: Silvita

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/05/05 11:49 PM

Personally, I think guys in Spain are H-O-T. Outdone by the Italians only in the smoothness factor, Spanish men are great. Many still have the chivalrous attitude inherent in the Latin man, but also true progressiveness that is really found only in Europe. In other words, not only will they pull out your chair, but they'll do the dishes, too.

To get some great examples, Google Eduardo Noriega, Ivan Helguera, Raul Gonzalez, Gonzalo Miro, Francisco Rivero Ordo~nez or any bullfighter, tennis player, soccer player that you wish.

And I've been to Spain several times and never seen a mullet!

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/06/05 10:50 PM

They are soo suave...omg and I LOVE THE MULLETS..usually..no way but there..they can pull it off..
Posted by: nevado

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/07/05 01:12 AM

Jo-Anne, I'm so shocked! I think mullets are a tragedy! Actually, they are not as popular as they were last summer. I was in a club last summer with a visiting friend and we couldn't escape the mullets; it was scary. I haven't noticed as many lately...and believe me, I've been looking!
Posted by: Fernando

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/07/05 10:24 AM

Excuse me but, what are "mullets"? rolleyes

Fernando
Posted by: nevado

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/07/05 10:59 AM

Fernando...chances are you have/had one! wink They are haircuts that were/are in "fashion" (I can't believe I used mullet and fashion in the same sentence). They sport short hair in the front and long hair in the back. There are several versions, some more extreme than others. I think Raul was one of the first in Spain (last year) hence sparking the trend. Here are some sites to assist you with the visual: http://www.ratemymullet.com/
http://www.mulletsgalore.com/
Posted by: Bill from NYC

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/07/05 11:07 AM

Quote:
Many still have the chivalrous attitude inherent in the Latin man, but also true progressiveness that is really found only in Europe. In other words, not only will they pull out your chair, but they'll do the dishes, too.
Those type of men can be found in San Francisco too!

True progressiveness would a man chooses to stay at home taking care of the kids while the women goes to work. I think MM pointed out in another thread he only seen one female taxi driver in Madrid.

Bill

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/07/05 11:43 AM

Pulling out chairs and going home to wash dishes? eek That's not being chivalrous, that's being a pu**y! rolleyes

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/07/05 12:57 PM

Do you even have a name for such a horrible kind of haircut???!!! laugh

I guess I would be inmediately disinherited by my parents and repudiated by my friends if I had such a haircut!!!

Don't fool yourself hehehe, the typical spaniard is usually quite similar to an american, but with browner skin (imagine you take sunbaths for a month) and usually brown hair and eyes (though some of my friends have blue eyes and almost blond hair). Some are rude and super-machos, while others are metrosexuals...

Put a spaniard in your life! laugh

You may find some pictures by searching for images in Google by "fotos espaņoles".

Fernando

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/07/05 01:19 PM

Ya got me MM! This is my first edit by you, I kinda had a feeling you would, wasn't sure about the word but I went for it! laugh
Posted by: super lau

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/07/05 03:28 PM

hmm..finally had a chance to catch up with the posts. One of my guy friends, from Madrid, told me that there is a terrible trend going on in Spain, where the guys look awful (messy hair/apperance) and the girls look wonderful (very made up/dressy). I have to agree, and also add that I think the same trend is going on the US, although Spanish girls do get gussied up more than American girls.
Posted by: laduque

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/07/05 09:57 PM

I love Fernando's quote "Put a Spaniard in your life" !!!!

I have put one in my life, and he does open my doors AND does the dishes. He is also the best father to our daughter!

No offense, but living in So. Cal, i've always found foreign guys to be more courteous and respectful towards woman, and not as caught up in the Pamela Anderson android thing.

That is my experience, but I know there are many wonderful Americans (masculine)out there and on this thread.

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/08/05 03:56 AM

Wow! I'm not quite sure what to think now.... but everything is so entertaining to read! So.... I guess overall, they're pretty good, yeah? A mullet here and there is ok.. haha. Cool... can't wait to go!

Thanx for everyone's input! smile

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/08/05 03:05 PM

Quote:
Some are rude and super-machos, while others are metrosexuals...
Metrosexuals? What is that? Sounds like they sleep with public transportation workers?

Are there are McDonaldsexuals? Lawnchairsexuals? How about those that are interested in super heroes, BicycleRepairmanSexuals (A little Monty Python''s Flying Circus humor) wink

Bill
Posted by: Pia

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/08/05 03:23 PM

Haha, Bill smile

The Urban Dictionary defines it as follows: A straight man who embraces the homosexual lifestyle, i.e. refined tastes in clothing, excessive use of designer hygiene products, etc. Usually is on the brink of homosexuality.

(Just go to Stockholm and take a look around and you'll know what they mean laugh )

I'll post a link to some of the best mullets I caught on camera in Cádiz as soon as I have them uploaded somewhere!

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/10/05 10:44 AM

I LOVE SPANISH MEN!! they are so flippin' hot and idont know how to explain it...i agree..put a spaniard in ur life
Posted by: misspom

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/10/05 01:01 PM

having just returned from spain, I have to concur - the mullet is definitely all over the place, for men and women. it's a very stylish mullet, though, unlike those early 80's horrors...think of it as an updated "Klute" look. not my cup of tea, I have to admit.

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/11/05 10:53 PM

KLUTE!!!??? eek ...MY GAWD...IT'S GETTING FROM BAD TO WORSE!!! eek

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/15/05 08:01 AM

Quote:
I love Fernando's quote "Put a Spaniard in your life" !!!!
He is a country were the women would put a Spanish taxi driver in their dull lifes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...in_page_id=1770

Bill
Posted by: Gauchito

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/16/05 12:51 AM

Hey MadridMan,

funny, everytime I read about your Spanish Ladyfriend it reminds me of that Big Lebowski quote "Stay away from my special lady friend!" ... hhaha

I'm an argentine, but my wife says us spanish guys are hot.. so it's not just the women.. haha
Posted by: Booklady

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/16/05 02:14 PM

Oso,
Prepare yourself, because you know how fashion is, it starts with the beautiful people in Europe, copied by the Hollywood crowd, brought over, and in a day, the Klutie look is everywhere, from East L.A. to Miami Beach!!! laugh laugh

I have to admit the Klutie look does not look well for people with round faces! eek I guess I'll have to keep my Sofia Loren style curls!
Posted by: Puna

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/16/05 03:11 PM

Must agree with Ladique when she said she
Quote:
"love Fernando's quote "Put a Spaniard in your life" !!!!
Well put, Fernando! laugh

Having lived all over the US I, too, must agree with the comments that foreign guys seem "to be more courteous and respectful towards woman, and not as caught up in the Pamela Anderson android thing" -

And yes, Spanish men are hot ....

But, please - oh please - no more mullets!

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/16/05 09:13 PM

laugh

Quote:
But, please - oh please - no more mullets!
Amen!

Join our anti-mullet campaign!!!!

If I had a friend with a mullet I would stop talking him... :p

Fernando

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/18/05 02:23 PM

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! Sophia Loren wink . Doņa Libros, for once I hope you're not right regarding the Klutie trend! eek BTW...I luv your hair! wink

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/18/05 04:50 PM

Let's just put an end to this by saying...and concurring....SPANISH MEN ARE HOTTT!!
Posted by: adiav

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/18/05 04:53 PM

Silvita wrote:
Quote:
Personally, I think guys in Spain are H-O-T. Outdone by the Italians only in the smoothness factor, Spanish men are great. Many still have the chivalrous attitude inherent in the Latin man, but also true progressiveness that is really found only in Europe. In other words, not only will they pull out your chair, but they'll do the dishes, too.
And then there was the comments about American men being obsessed with the Pamela Anderson stereotype...

So I'm going to throw my 2 cents in. American men are, in my experience, a lot more fun, chivalrous, adventurous, and entertaining than Australian ones, by far. I'd pick an American man over an Australian one almost any day (allowing that this is a general thing and saving room for personal choice and discretion depending on subject wink ).

I think whatever you're used to, wherever you're from - everything else seems better and exotic. Australians seem exotic to Americans (I had an American friend of mine touring Portugal recently, and he emailed me to tell me I should go to Lagos as it has sunny weather, beautiful beaches, and is full of Australians - I replied that if I wanted all that, I'd stay home!), and Americans seem exotic to me (that must seem crazy to some of you).

Now, I know nothing of Spanish men so far, except to say that the accent is to die for, and the Latin men I've met so far in my life have been nothing but charming. Italian men, however, were (in my recent trip to Italy) nothing short of horrible. Sleazy, not smooth; arrogant; ugly (of character) and rude. In fact, some were just down-right creepy, grabbing hold of me in public and not letting me go, and chasing me down the street calling me names if I either walked away from them or ignored them. Italy taught me not to make eye contact with anyone, ever, and that's wholly because of their men!

But from this thread, I'll have to keep on the lookout for the eye candy whilst in Spain. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

-adiav.
Posted by: Lynette

Re: What about the BOYS in Spain? - 09/22/05 12:24 AM

Ok, firstly, mullets are horrible, unless of course you like shoulder pads the size of refrigerators, leg warmers and harem pants. Secondly, I just spent a month in Madrid in July and saw nary a mullet... well, a baby mullet on some 15 year old. I also spent 3 days in Valencia during the trip and didn't see any mullets, thank goodness. Where are all these mullet sporting Spaniards? Are they milling about in some time warp that I didn't trip over?!

As far as the (albeit rediculous) "hotness" thread, Spanish men are lovely and for someone who's been going to Spain since the early 80's they've only become hotter as their attitudes have evolved to not only holding doors but 'doing the dishes' as well. During my last trip mere months ago, I was charmed by their continued love of women coupled with a new respect of intellect, ambition and freedom in the women around them. What's most attractive is not the dress, the color of their skin, or their non-mullet haircuts....it's the romantacism with which they approach women. American men AND women have forgotten how to be romantic. Romance and attitude is about a thousand times more important than look, anyway.

You youn'uns will figure that out soon enough!!
As always, enjoying reading the posts!