THIS is happening right now in the north!

Posted by: deibid

THIS is happening right now in the north! - 01/20/05 06:38 AM

What a winter we have in the north! extreme would be the word for it.
NO MORE WORDS:
SAN SEBASTIAN!

(that white car is a normal size car, not a miniature!!!!)
See this huge storm HERE
Speechless!!!
and HERE
This is even frightening!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 01/20/05 07:06 AM

MY GOD! eek Wow, the photos in the links you post above are JUST INCREDIBLE! eek

San Sebastián-Donostia Live Cam:

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 01/20/05 07:23 AM

Acojonante, isn't it?
I suppose that things were WAY more calm when you were there with yout ladyfriend.
Just imagine...righ now is highly DANGEROUS to go to the Aquarium. The police warns not to go there. Just remember the height of the Aquarium and you get the picture.
Posted by: Kati

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 01/20/05 12:20 PM

Man! :-) I went there last weekend and it was beautiful and sunny and calm...can´t believe it. Thanks for the amazing pictures!
Posted by: filbert

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 01/23/05 10:57 AM

Great pics there Deibid!
On the forecast it looks as though a snowstorm will settle over Madrid Wednesday/Thursday. I imagine it will be quite difficult travelling north to Avila or Segovia from Madrid...
Posted by: DJC

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 01/23/05 01:51 PM

Incredible photos. Really makes my "boating" question look stupid!

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 01/24/05 03:55 AM

DCJ, that's what I was refering to when I responsed to your question... but the Mediterranean has superb boating, Balearic Islands especially.
filbert: a snowstorm is closing over ALL Spain this week, I don't know if it's going to be on wednesday, but for the weekend it will be full winter conditions.
The government has alerted that from wednesday to the weekend it is not recomended to use the car, and temperatures will drop to -15ºc in the meseta.
Posted by: gregorio

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 01/24/05 11:58 AM

Winter travels, great! Leave Seattle Wed through Chicago, the east coast was hammered w/ snow over the weekend, now this. Hopefully this won't affect my travels too much, intended to take a bus to San Sebastian from Madrid Friday, maybe the weatherman will be wrong.

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 01/24/05 12:13 PM

Well, just check THIS THREAD , gregorio , it's self explanatory.
I hope that the situation is not like this next friday, or you won't go very far.
I'm optimistic, it will be cold but not so much snow.
P.S: if you look right now in the webcam, there are snow flakes hiding the magnificent La Concha bay view.
Posted by: filbert

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 01/27/05 04:19 AM

Even Mallorca is now covered in snow. On British TV news this morning pictures were shown of children playing in the snow in Mallorca. eek
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 01/27/05 10:18 AM

filbert, last night I saw the photos on ABC.es HERE of snow-covered Spain and was particularly surprised to see those of Mallorca.

The snow photos in the Spectacular blizzard in Northern Spain! thread are really just amazing too.

(image above is in Madrid - sorry it's not in the north as would be more appropriate by the title of this thread but thought this photo was funny)

Saludos, MadridMan - STAY WARM!
Posted by: Puna

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 02/03/05 01:39 PM

deibid - those are two fantastic photos!!!!!

I haven't had time to even pop on the board for the last month or so - and this thread was one of the first I opened - Thanks!

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 02/28/05 11:37 AM

UPDATE:
Mountains near Santander
[img]http://www.foto.epson.com/es/crea_foto.asp?idFoto=280833&idAlbum=18761&tamanio=3[/img]

Near Bilbao:
[img]http://www.foto.epson.com/es/crea_foto.asp?idFoto=280713&idAlbum=45488&tamanio=5[/img]
What I said above: WHAT A WINTER! eek
Posted by: Puna

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 02/28/05 03:25 PM

Hopefully, no drought for the next year or two ....
Posted by: granada94

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 02/28/05 05:48 PM

Yes I guess so. Just received an email from a former student who is back living in Spain. She commented that she felt like it was New England weather all over again. My only comment regarding the weather would be that Madrid really needs to make some better arrangements for the airport for a ridiculously small portion of snow compared to the North of the country. I ended up getting bumped from my flight on Saturday due to the closure of Barajas on Tuesday and Weds. I only hope that Iberia can recover after the amount of money they handed out in CASH, hotel and meals to compensate each passenger for the trouble.

Hey.. who is better then me? An extra night in Madrid and a basically free trip (yes... spending money included)thanks to the Euro.

Debbie
Posted by: desert dweller

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 02/28/05 11:32 PM

It takes me about ten seconds looking at pictures like that to remind myself why I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Where the temps will be in the mid 70F all week. cool The middle picture looks like somebody's furnace got a little over heated. Hope nobody was hurt or worse.

Re: THIS is happening right now in the north! - 03/07/05 12:23 PM

Another 2 feet of snow on the northern mountains this weekend... I'm starting to worry about big floodings once the spring starts...
Most of them taken some 30 miles from Bilbao...
[img]http://www.foto.epson.com/es/crea_foto.asp?idAlbum=46267&idFoto=286366&tamanio=5[/img]
[img]http://www.foto.epson.com/es/crea_foto.asp?idFoto=285084&idAlbum=18908&tamanio=5[/img]
[img]http://personales.ya.com/360irudiak/meteo/URBIA6[1].03.2005309.jpg[/img]