Ladies of Spain

Posted by: Don Dela Vega

Ladies of Spain - 07/02/04 12:08 PM

I think in my past life i may have been spanish. I love spainish women so much its unbelievable. my mom thinks i hav gone nuts lol.I'm going to travel to spain this year and i wanted to know if spanish women are as difficult as people make them out to be? also what is their perception of Black people? please give me replies. thank you people.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/02/04 08:29 PM

Hello Don Dela Vega! Welcome to our little All Spain Message Board!

I believe you'll find this topic has been covered a number of times but I/we invite more/newer responses here in your thread.

One trip back from Madrid to the USA I was sitting next to a young, good-looking man (you know, the fútbol-star type) in business class (I got bumped from my Delta flight and they GREATFULLY put me in Business Class on Spanair) and he asked me where I learned my Spanish. I told him that it's mainly because I have a "ladyfriend" in Madrid - to which he responded in Spanish, "They're dangerous. Be careful." hehehehe.. Well yes. I couldn't agree with him more.

But I agree with you 100%. Wow. Those Spanish women in their Spanish clothes with their beautiful, exquisite Spanish form. Wow. Wow. Did I say, "Wow!"?

In answer to your question, and while I'm no expert so please don't take what I say as gospel on this point because I really don't know (unfortunately) from first-hand experience, yes, can be much much more difficult to get to know, to establish a kind of "closeness" than women from many other nations. I think there's a kind of myth that says that Spanish women are kind of .. well... "free" but that is FAR from the truth. MAYBE they're "free" AFTER you get past that certain point but it takes A LOT of time and A LOT of trust established BEFORE you reach that point. This is my understanding, anyway.

Be sure to do a SEARCH in this category using SPANISH WOMEN as your keywords and you'll likely find a few of those in-depth, insightful, long-n-lengthy discussions about those wonderful Spanish women.

Well thanks for nothing, Don Dela Vega. NOW you've got me "started" thinking about Spanish women when I'm so very very very very VERY far away. Ugh. rolleyes

Regarding their perception of black people, I'd imagine their greatest experience with black people are those (often illegal) immigrants from Africa and, well, I don't think I'll comment more in depth on this topic or someone will surely attempt to call me racist but if you dress, act, or talk as if you're clearly not an illegal immigrant directly from Africa they may well have a different first impression of you.

If your question is "Are they attracted to black men?" well, I can't really answer that but since they're not exposed to so many black men in Spain as they are in the UK or in the USA then they may not be as comfortable with black men there.

Can message board member pim or other native Spanish woman give some deeper insight on this topic?

¡Suerte!

Saludos, MadridMan smile
Posted by: mencey

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/03/04 04:15 AM

Hola,I agree with you completely Don de la Vega! I was ridiculously attracted to Spanish Women as well. I say, "was" , because I was able to narrow it down to one in particular. My wife. My experience with my wife was wonderful because we hit it off right away, and there was a friendship that developed between us almost immediately. In fact, almost all the Spanish ladies that I have met, have been very friendly and easy going. But, that was just my experience. And most of the spanish women that I have met have been canarians, which may or may not have been a factor. I'm not sure if Canarian women tend to be more laid back than peninsulares. But again, that's just my perception.
Posted by: MATADOR

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/03/04 03:52 PM

Being a black person who has lived in spain I would say that it would take you about a week to get some.It is better to go to the south. Seville or cadiz, Spanish women have this certain look in their eye when they want get with you. They have this stare.Many people stare in spain. But this stare is different. For some reason these girls like people who dress different (hip hop gear). Or if you are tall bald and you look like you play basketball. A lot of basketball players in the euro league go to sevilla (many of the are americans that didn't make the nba. I also met women in sevilla who only go out with black guys. They felt that spanish men were too possessive. Some went as far as to say that thay were black in another life. I would say be cool.Don't get drunk(because that is a turn off to many women) and be friendy and speak some spanish. One thing about the spanish is they take their language ver y seriously and they correct you if you are wrong, which is a plus. They are flattered when you want to learn. their language.
Posted by: ESPAÑOL20

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/03/04 04:57 PM

Most Spanish women prefer their own kind. I have never seen any black male or female with a Spanish female or male in Madrid ever. Of course, some Spanish females go to some pubs where they know there are black people, but they do it mostly as a funny thing or diversion but they will rarely take serious a relationship with blacks or asians. This doesn´t have anything to do with racism but just preferences.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/04/04 01:27 PM

i think that having good dress sense helps as well. as a black male i am never under dressed. I only wear prada, Emporio Armani, Valentino etc. BEcause less face it with all those charming men around your game has to be like 50% better. who agrees with me?
Posted by: Fernando

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/04/04 07:12 PM

Me! laugh
Posted by: pim

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/05/04 12:25 PM

Hi!,

MMan, I'm a little surprised to be quoted as a possible source for info on this matter...could it be because I'm the only Spanish single woman around?! Oh, that sounds so Britget Jonish of me! Anyway, I really don't have any answer for Don, I suppose I could give my own personal take/view on the "pick up scenario/market", but I've considered myself out of it for a long time now, besides, I guess what would help Don more would be to know the boys' side of the "game". rolleyes

I will comment, though, on the race part of the issue; I think it's all too much of a question of personal taste to make generalizations. I mean, I'm sure MMan's "lack of exposure theory" (which to me explains the stare-related-comments that Matador has made) can apply in some Spanish girls' cases, however, in others you may find that (as many male westerners are specially attracted to oriental women), certain girls might distinctly "go for" black guys, it's all a matter of taking a liking to the exotic.
In the majority of cases however, it's my understanding that being a charming, good natured, polite/respectful...and reasonably handsome/cute fellow, is what really counts, no matter the race of the individual. smile
It's just like the "brand thing", designer brands don't do a thing for myself personally, but I'm sure you'll find plenty of girls that will like that kind of fashion sense, so....

Good luck 'ligando'! cool

Please, can anybody clarify the following phrase for me: "I think there's a kind of myth that says that Spanish women are kind of .. well... "free"". Mmm...is that "free" as in "cheap"? Is that so?, then I'm confused now, since most every foreign guy I know always says that they/we're quite "inaccessible", so, '¿en qué quedamos?'... confused

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/05/04 01:48 PM

Quote:
"I think there's a kind of myth that says that Spanish women are kind of .. well... "free"". Mmm...is that "free" as in "cheap"?
I think this is a carryover impression from the 1980s during Spain's "La Movida" when young men and women were both outwardly expressing their newfound freedoms. Even I had heard stories about how "free" (i.e. sexually "accessible") Spanish women were even BEFORE I met my Spanish ladyfriend 11 years ago. (yikes! eek I'd better get my act together) Upon mentioning this belief to her she said something like, "¡Qué Va!", that it was just the opposite. That in most cases a lot of "ground work" or a lot of time spent together and Spanish women must know you exceptionally well before they'll decide to .. welll... you know.

I'd say that Spanish women ARE more liberal than English women for example. But keep in mind that Spanish men have this idea that women from the United States are absolute sl... ummm... that is to say, that they're MUCH more "free" sexually than Spanish women.

I've never dated any other Spanish women (Hmmmm... rolleyes ) so I can't say with any personal experience how they are. And pim, I only mentioned you because you're the only Spanish woman I personally know here on the message board. (by the way, Don Dela Vega, pim is VERY attractive :p )

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/05/04 05:30 PM

I am in agreement with pim. You have to be charming, you have to have charisma. Women are women and not matter how much they may play as if they don't need men, they do. Just like men need women(i cannot imagine this world without them).I think every girl is different but they all want the same thing. Some girls may like the guy with the chipped tooth or piercings or a guy that is well dressed. Whatever you do, be a gentleman. These are ladies( and they are beautiful).

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/06/04 10:07 AM

Hey Mman, just because you think I'm the only the only Spanish gal you personally know from the msg board you don't need to 'hacerme la pelota'! :p Anyway, you're forgetting at least one other lady, Natalia/Castiza. wink

The more I think about it the less I understand where that notion of Spanish girls being "easy" can come from. I can only think of two examples: US military men living here in the former 'bases' and getting acquainted with....errr...maybe not your average type of Spanish girls; and/or students coming here for a short while and experiencing nakedness on national tv at practically any time of day, top less 'chicas' all over beaches and pools, etc...and for THAT, getting a wrong impression...

I do agree with Mman's Ladyfriend, but don't agree that we are more "liberal" than British girls, at all! You can just make a little experiment; read the Spanish issue of "Cosmo"....OK, it's on the bold side; now read the British "Cosmo"....you'll find it's at least three times as, well, explicit! (what do you say Jo?)
I also don't know if being more "free" or liberal means that one does indeed practise more sex, necessarily....BTW, talking about different mentalites, US citizens and Spanish (maybe European) ones do have different views on certain things regarding these matters....I'll give you one example of what I'm saying; here the debate: is oral sex sex or not? that I had once with my Ohioan high schooI friends, and about which even Mr. Clinton had something to say, is pretty unthinkable!

But I wanted to comment on ESPAÑOL20's post saying that he's never ever seen a mixed race couple. Do you live in Madrid? Do you find yourself in thecity center often? Madrid is becoming a melting pot almost by the minute these days, and it's hard to imagine that you haven't!
Posted by: Chica

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/06/04 11:25 AM

Quote:
That in most cases a lot of "ground work" or a lot of time spent together and Spanish women must know you exceptionally well before they'll decide to .. welll... you know.
That is, unless you watch Almodovar films and are convinced that the characters represent the "typical Spaniard".

PIM I agree with you... I have seen many many mixed race couples here in Madrid. And quite frankly, I find that very heartwarming. To think that two individuals from different backgrounds can find their kindred souls in each other (oops! Am I talking about Ángel and I??!! laugh )

Español20, why don´t you come out with us some night, I am sure we can show you some of the things that you are missing wink :p .

With respect to the race issue (mind you, I am not Spanish), I don´t think that you can generalize at all. It´s very difficult to say that Spaniards prefer their own kind, just as it´s difficult to say that Americans prefer to "mix it up"... one trip south of Dixie to the deep south could tell you that! Not that either mentality is correct or incorrect, simply what works best for you personally.

This past weekend I was out with a female friend who is Spanish, and she couldn´t keep her eyes off the black man dressed in the cowboy outfit. Then again, we were watching the gay pride parade and there was no hopes of her ever having a chance with him! laugh

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/06/04 04:35 PM

I agree with you guys. Madrid has changed alot in the past few years. I was there in 1998,1999 and 2003. It is becoming more of a melting pot. I was reading an article in expatica that said that spanish women tend to marry other europeans when they decide to marry, if they do not marry spanish men(usually germans). For spanish men, if they do not marry spanish women , they choose to marry women from Central and South America.It also depends on the person as well. I have a friend that is from the southern united states and he said that he thought that the women from florida, Texas were more beautiful (the blonde hair thing) He was not that impressed by the women when he came to spain. It is all about personal taste. As for one night stands, it will not happen. If you get to know someone after a week ,it will happen. If you are just looking for that and will only be in spain for a short time then just go to IBIZA. I have talked to spanish women and some have them have tried to pick up a guy in one night. They said that they could not. They have to get to know them.
Posted by: Anitayole

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/07/04 06:39 AM

Hey Don Dela Vega....well well well.... laugh interesting topic.. As a half Spanish/Scott lady.. here is my opinion with regards this matter hehehehe
Ok. In Madrid..dont know about the rest of spain...there are two types of women.. i really don´t like to categorise but it really goes like this... Ok, on one hand..u have the beautiful typical traditional spanish women that we refer here as the Pijas.. for some reason...they are ALL gorgeous, dress amasing etc etc.. however they are very traditional in their way of thinking an they only go out with greasy spanish men with long hair that it is parted to one side (i wonder if they use a ruler for this laugh )and tlak in a sort of weird "con el huevo en la boca" and wear chinos and Ralph Lauren t shirts...altough these women may consider a black man as gorgoues they wouldnt have them as a boyfriend. Since they are highly infuenced by what their friends and family think. Therefore they tend to go for men that are just a "replica of their father". So there u go. On the other hand u have the laid bak more open minded type of spanish , also gorgoues wink :p , ladies.. and these ,my friend, wouldnt have a problem going out with a black man ( i think) ..they are the more laid back. However, in Spain is not common to see a spanish lady with a black male in Madrid...I really don´t know why confused
In terms of caracter...ok, well ..spanish women are very expressive, very emotional (in a good way)they are open and sociable , and generally confident. BUT!!!! THEY HAVE THE WORST TEMPER DEL MUNDO MUNDIAL!!!!!! tienen una mala leche que te cagas. heheheh . And this is sooo true. they tend to complain a lot and generally they are quite jealus.. but then again..la envidia es el deporte nacional de España.... I mean.. they cant stand other beautiful women..for example, english women arent like that, as long as u are a nice person they dont give a toss whether u are good looking or not. And this is because spanish women ( in general and not all of them of course) HATE COMPETITION FROM OTHER WOMEN!!! So there u go, that is my opinion which I have tried my best to put it as realistic as possible! I hope u get an idea ...but if u come to MAdrid and u want to pull spanish ladie, phone me ...HAHAHAHAJAJAJAJ,,,joke...just go to all the HIp Hop clubs and areas, or the more alternative..chueca..malasaña..that is where the laid baks are..!!!!Good luck!!!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/07/04 07:22 AM

Here are my two cent:

Traditional spanish women (very abundant in villages towns ans small cities except touristic ones, and present even in big cities) are VERY difficult to "conquer" (i.e. for bed purposes).

- Unless you are their boyfriend which includes a relationship of one, two weeks, or 4 months or one year depending on each person.

However, there are younger (mainly although not only young ones) females who have "one night stands", but they are (unfortunately) pretty scarce, and are ususally very "demanded", so only the most attractive men use to have a chance... or those who are "exotic".

When I say "exotic", I mean "different". a North American is "exotic" in Spain because he is different, the same I was "exotic" (and i took good use of it wink ) by my way of dressing and behaving, when I was at the USA.

Being black is another way of being exotic (and many times this means successful) ...for the right girl.

Other girls wouldn't have sexwith a black men because they prefer white or because they are afraid to be stared at (specially in towns), and other would, but wouldn't have him as a boyfriend because of the remaining racial issues that anitayolé mentioned. I personally believe it's not a fully racist matter but a matter of "how people will look at me because I do a very strange thing".

People of some social groups care a lot of what the rest think of them. I say it is not a purely racial issue because if many people around them were dating with black people, they wouldn't care a damn because they would be no more "eccentric", perhaps they would worry then about other matters that could attract undesired attention on them, and make them critisizable (Correct word?).

There are many girls here in Madrid, who go out with black men, but they are, logically, a minority, since there are very few black people in here. BTW, it's the same with spanish men having relationship with black women.

People don't stare at them anymore, which is good.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/07/04 08:58 AM

Anitayolé, don't you think your "portrait of some ladies" is a tad simplistic?

Guys, people, don't be "scared"! Personally, I'm 100% Spanish (and 100% woman cool ), and I could do with having some temper! I truly wish I had some 'mala leche' in me sometimes, surely that way...'otro gallo cantaría' (=things would be quite different) rolleyes

Gee, I must be really lucky my Spanish girlfriends don't practise the "national sport" at all! laugh

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/07/04 09:53 AM

I hate to use the words "easy" and "hard" on spanish ladies and women in general. I think for this forum i will use the word "more demanding". I think Spanish ladies are more demanding and expect a man to do more, and be more than their other european counterparts. Women from the England and America aren't that demanding (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). But in Spain (and portugal as well as france and italy) They are quite religious and i think partly this has a slight influence as well.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/07/04 10:09 AM

Spanish Women are also very classy and elegant. I used to date a Venezuelan Chick called Maria. FYI if your looking for some of the hottest Latin women in the world go to Venezuela. I mean have u ever watch a miss world pageant where a venezuelan wasn't a finalist. My point exactly. Spanish chicks kick a** at the pageants. I Loved her alot. And she was so romantic, classy and elegant. And I learnt so much from her on how to treat women and she also taught me about clothing tastes. it was because of her that i discover valentino, armani etc clothes. Everytime we met I would always try and get a bottle of champaine. And when things went bad with me she never complained. she just had this way of smiling it off like nothing happened. I lost contact with her when i came to buckinghamshire.
Posted by: Chus

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/07/04 11:21 AM

Well, Anitayolé my husband really agrees with you about the spaniard ladies having "una mala leche que te cagas" (I can't understand why he thinks that way wink )
On the being easy issue... I will say in general no, but I'm sure you can always find the exception that confirms the rule everywhere.
My two cents.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/07/04 02:28 PM

Don ¿¿Dela Vega??,

Forget calling "Latin" to those amerindian and mestizos from Central and SouthAmerica. They are as Latin as you are an anglosaxon. Latin are ONLY those southern Europeans that were once conquered by the real Latin (Romans): French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Romanians ARE LATINS. Those in Southamerica and Central America are NOT LATIN unless they are PURE DESCENDANTS OF any of the countries I have said before. It is the same if I call all Afroamericans in the US, ANGLOS, just because they were born in an Anglosaxon country (USA), because they have been raised in an Anglo culture, and because they speak English. Are Afroamericans Anglosaxons??. Are Vietnamese Americans Anglosaxons???. Are Arab Americans Anglosaxons???. So, then, why do you call Venezuelan amerindians, mestizos or mulatos "SPanish" or "Latins". They are NOT any of these things. Unless you start to consider blacks in the US as English or Anglos.

Besides this, I would like to point again that in the last 10 years in Madrid I have never seen a mixed race couple formed by a black man or woman and a white man or woman. Those that said this "There are many girls here in Madrid, who go out with black men" are simply lying.
Posted by: Fernando

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/07/04 03:52 PM

I could hardly disagree more with you Español20, 21, 22, ...

As far as I know, your belonging to a certain culture (as hispanic/latin) depends on where you live or who you meet and interact in your life, and not to your race.

Therefore, I consider myself "hispanic" and belonging to a similar common culture formed by hispanic countries. They may be amerindians, mestizos, mulatos, white or black, but they speak spanish, they catholic majorly and have a very similar way of being.

As for mixed couples in Madrid I guess you are enclosed at home and have only contact with pure spaniards (if anything like that exists).

Fernando

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/07/04 05:53 PM

espanol 20 Where the heck in spain do you live? I lived in madrid ,barcelona, and seville. I have seen mixed couples in these cities. Another comment, just because you don't see it in public does not happen behind closed doors. In america there are 2.5 million black-white couples. It is not a big deal. Speaking of central america. I know someone who is studying in the u.s. and he is from a central american country with black features. He said that he was shocked to see so many black white couples in the u.S. he said that in cetral america, if you are black, white girls"spanish origin" will not go out with you. Also spaniards are heavily influenced by their family and friends. It is not an individualistic society like the u.s. There are girls that will go out with a black guy.There are others who want to but are afraid of what their friends might think. I think this will change in the coming years. There are more women than men in spain when you go to the clubs , you can see women who are in their 40's and still go out. These women are single or divorced.Eventually they are going to go for someone or they will die alone.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/07/04 08:27 PM

ESPAÑOL21 has been deleted from the message board because:

1) (s)he didn't use a valid email address upon registering ( @d.com ?? give me a break! rolleyes )

2) (s)he clearly registered just to cause trouble. mad

3) If (s)he is also ESPAÑOL20 then (s)he can post under that username since only ONE username is allowed per person.

Buh-bye! :p Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/08/04 03:27 AM

español21:

You'd better not confuse your wishes with real life. Go, see Madrid night in Gran Via area or latino nigth clubs.

rolleyes wink cool

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/08/04 05:03 AM

Hey Pim.....don´t take each line as it is...the description I make is very very general...of course not all spanish women have mala leche....by the way, altough im half spanish 50% im also 100% women, just like u hehehehehe it doesnt make me half mongola half spanish, hehehe :p u know what i mean....
my abuela (100% spanish ) is incapable of telling off the fruitman when he gives her apples instead of the oranges she asked. Of course, there are exceptions, DON DELA VEGA, not all spanish women have mala leche...bUt in general, they do, honestly, the mala leche they have is a particular mala leche, is very passionate..but they do complain a lot, or maybe is just my friends ?? confused everywhere we go, they complain about something frown frown drives me mad!!! , but Pim, U HAVE to agree on this, come on... u know is true,...spanish women are very temperamental...and dont put ureself as an example, u are only one, im talking in general terms, as a cultural connotation, o no?

laugh laugh

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/08/04 05:12 AM

by the way..ESPAÑOL20 0r 21...what is up with u? confused u seem to have a lot of hate inside u or something..i have read all ure posts and u seem to be a little frustrated rolleyes
CHILL OUT MAN!!!!!! wink

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/09/04 08:25 PM

Calm down everyone, I recieved a post saying spanish ladies and Latin American aren't the same. My answer to that is "yes and "no". Spanish ladies and Latin american have alot in common: the both speak the same sexy language (when women speak spanish it make my blood boil in a good way especailly when they say i love you in spanish, no contest), they are both elegant, classy, respectful and respectable, honest, religious, polite, etc. even though some times they get emotional, they are still worth dying for. they are virtually the same sexiness its just spanish women are a little lighter in colour and have pure blood where as latin american are mixed or half. Latin american women have that tan, round figure and big a** which makes you wonder if mother nature is playing a cruel joke or not. i mean when I see latin american women i think there is a GOD out there. Some women are just a work of art. Spanish women have this also have this look in their eyes like if you stare long enough you may fall in to the eyes. Bottom line Both women are equally hot and sexy. I dont know if its the salsa, or what but God made these women special. :-)

Also forget to add they are very loyal and faithful. They generally never cheat and dont believe in divorce (unlike in the US, no offence). And they are really all women. They are just the way God intended them to be. WOMEN.
Posted by: Booklady

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/09/04 10:37 PM

Vale, Dom, Gracias! cool
Carmen

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/10/04 02:39 PM

your welcome love.

Sorry but what the heck does 'mala leche' mean? thanks

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/10/04 07:01 PM

Hola Don,
Mala leche is an idiom used in Spain to denote an embittered person and extends to an embittered situation. I prefer to use the more dramatic "Amargado/o" as in ¡Ella es una amargada! In Spain, one would say " Ella tiene mala leche."

I believe there is also a film or a rock group with that name????
Ciao,
Carmen
Posted by: englishrose

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/11/04 05:49 AM

What a very interesting thread this is !!! laugh wink
Posted by: Spaniard

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/11/04 09:23 AM

Quote:
Mala leche is an idiom used in Spain to denote an embittered person and extends to an embittered situation. I prefer to use the more dramatic "Amargado/o" as in ¡Ella es una amargada! In Spain, one would say " Ella tiene mala leche."
"mala leche" means exactly "bad mood"("enfadado", angry, even violent) and also "bad intention".

Of course, you can also use it as "bitter" ("amargado"), but the two other meanings are more usual and precise in Spain.

Another unusual (but correct) use is "mala leche" as "bad luck", even it's more usual in other countries like Argentina, Uruguay, etc.you can use it in Spain, something like "¡qué mala leche!" (literally, "what a bad luck!")

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/11/04 11:36 AM

thanks guys, some Im gonna try to spain soon. where are the hot babes gonna be situated so i know where to go? i know marbella is a no no cuz that is where the english mafia go.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 07/11/04 03:14 PM

If you're going to Spain soon, the "Hot Babes" will be staying cool at the evening outdoor terrazas having drinks with friends. Good luck!
Posted by: Shiquilla

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/19/04 08:24 PM

Maybe, it’s a little late for this thread, you might come and go back, but, just in case it helps…
I’m from Spain, and had been in a relationship with a black guy for some time. I was living in Boston at that time, but my family and friends knew about it and there wasn’t any problem, whatsoever.
I don’t know where the Spanish20, 21 or whatever lives to miss the new population in Spain...
Don Dela Vega, regarding your question…came over and find for yourself. I think it will depend on who do you meet.

I forgot to say that I’m lucky too (like pim), neither my friends nor I play, what anitayole call, the “deporte nacional”.
As “mala leche”... well I believe we have a strong character, but how it goes? dogs that bark don’t bite?
Posted by: Quintos233

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/19/04 11:34 PM

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/20/04 04:55 AM

DonDeLaVega:

As for the "hot chicks", I couldn't tell, but if you come to know any place, please tell me. laugh It's extremely difficult to find girls ready for "one night" stands around here, and where you find them, obviously being so few, only some priviledged guys can access them.

That's probably the only thing in the world I envy from the USA.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/20/04 05:04 AM

Ignacio,
I believe Don Dela Vega means “hot chicks” as good looking, not “hot” as in ready to go. Anyway, I think now a days it’s more easy to find women looking for a one night stand laugh (I’m not talking for myself!!!!).
Don Dela Vega, pleaseeeee, keep us update about your visit to Madrid!!!! wink

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/20/04 05:12 AM

Shiquilla: jugding by this very thread and the previous one by DDLV, I believe he does refer to that. But of course I could be wrong. wink

It' obvious that today it's easier than in the past. If today a, lets say a 2 or a 4% of the single females are for it, that's a hundred more times than back twenty years ago, when it could be 0,02 or 0,04%, but it is still very few (IMHO). smile

And part of the problem is that:

Quote:
I think now a days it’s more easy to find women looking for a one night stand (I’m not talking for myself!!!!).
Nobody talks for herself in taht matter, because very very few could, I am beginning to think that these girls are a myth here. laugh

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/20/04 05:28 AM

I’m new here... I guess I went for the “hot chicks” meaning I’m more familiar with…
Anyway, you know what they say “haberlas, haylas”… laugh

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/20/04 06:20 AM

Yes, that's what the galicians say about their witches, "I don't believe in them, but there ARE witches". laugh

No, seriously. I know that there are some, because I have seen some lucky guys meet them in front of me and I have very unusually been "lucky" myself, but, judging by my own experience, this looks like a convent from an English or North American point of view. Much easier to break ice but much more difficult to go futher.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/20/04 09:32 AM

Maybe, it has to do with the fact that we (Spanish women) in general go out to have fun with our friends as our first priority, rather than “fishing”.
I think it has to do a lot with us looking out for ourselves and needing a “safe” situation. Personally, I’ll be scare to leave (I'm talking at night)wherever I’m with my friends to go with somebody I just meet at a bar. I might miss a wonderful night, but I’d rather be safe than sorry.
Anyway, think that if we are “hot and sexy” as you said (by the way, thank you) wink and also were kind of…hummm how to call it, ehhh… “more ready to go” we will be too perfect, and it wouldn’t be fair for the other ladies around the world. laugh
Posted by: Lemming

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/23/04 12:58 PM

"Anyway, think that if we are “hot and sexy” as you said (by the way, thank you) wink and also were kind of…hummm how to call it, ehhh… “more ready to go” we will be too perfect, and it wouldn’t be fair for the other ladies around the world. " laugh

It's so true!

Whenever I used to visit Spain I always thought they should be made to share. Now I live here I'm not so sure laugh
Posted by: Martín de Madrid

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/23/04 02:20 PM

I'll weigh in with my 2 centavos. I found the Spanish women absolutely fantastic! I was from SoCal where (pardon me if you are a SoCal woman) it seemed to me the great majority of women were, shall I be kind and say, NOT NICE people. Not everyone, but virtually all the "beautiful people" were really horrible. When I came to Spain, 46 years old, balding, a bit on the heavy side (ok, I was 14 kg overweight, more now!), and had about given up on having a girlfriend. How many gorgeous, kind, interesting, sexy, intelligent, wonderful women did I meet every night at La Soleá? LOTS! WOW! Women asking me over to their houses, apartments, to bars for tapas. I was (am) in heaven. No girlfriends, just friends, but I met my future wife within 1 1/2 months, and it all came to a halt -- well, on my part. . . I still am knocked out by nice, beautiful women whom I have to say, "Disculpa mi, estoy casada. .." (pardon and correct my horrible Spanish please). I have no doubt that with your good taste, gentlemanly ways, nice clothes, exotic air, AND KNOWLEDGE OF SPANISH (once three women asked me if I was "casada," (married) I thought they meant "consada" (tired), so I said "¡Un poco!" rolleyes so knowing some Spanish is important), you will be up to your eyes in some of the nicest, most beautiful women you have ever dreamed of being with. Don't worry, be happy! And Just Go For It! Be a gentleman and be patient. Be prepared to end up living here.

By the way, my wife is of indigenous Ecuatorian ancestry (half Incan, quarter Spanish and quarter Italian. . . and yes, she is jealous, Latin, and gorgeous. . . and TAKEN!). laugh

I'd wish you the best of luck, but I think luck has nothing to do with it, you won't need it.

¡Viva las españolas!

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/23/04 03:03 PM

Err... You are as described and gorgeous, kind, interesting, sexy, intelligent, wonderful women invite you to their apartment?

Would you be good enough as to tell us your favourite places? or could we just go together some night? Thus,if you have to reject one of those goddesses, I could substitute you. I am probably rather slimmer (not too much), younger but balder. hahaha laugh laugh laugh :p cool

It must be a gold mine or La soleá is yours or your friend's, but I am ready and eager to be proven otherwise. Just joking. I'll investigate the place anyway, it might deserve attention. wink cool

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/23/04 03:24 PM

Lamentably, La Soleá is no more (the sign is still there, on Cava Baja), but the owner has opened a NEW club. It is described somewhere else on this board. I don't know if MM has archived the information, but I will investigate and report back. By the way the club is considered by aficionados as one of the few, if not the only (as described by a luthier when he turned me onto it) place in Madrid where you can get the old flavor of a "café cantante." No shows, aficinados, a few professionals, toreros, gypsies and locals who sing, and dance and play the toque, and palmas, cajon etc., for tips and drinks. The way it SHOULD be, in my humble opinion.

A very special, non-touristy, hanging-with-the-locals kind of place. By the way, if you do not know how to do the palmas (handclapping), you will be politely (or not so politely!) requested to abstain because it messes up the rhythm. Also loud drunks are sometimes (not often enough) shown the way out. Tips basket or hat is passed, and the purchase of drinks for the players is always appreciated, and a good way to get them into the marvelous "cante jondo puro" in the wee hours of the morning.

Some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen often grace the place (remember, I am a pinup artist!). Sometimes I think I really should write a small book on my experiences there! They have expensive drinks, good tapas, and fantastic music with people to match.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/23/04 03:27 PM

Oooooooooo. What a pity! I'll search for the new place' name.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/23/04 03:37 PM

Here is the information on the "New" La Solea. It is called "Monteleón" and the relevant info is;

C/ Monteleón, 46,

28010 - Madrid ,

Phone: 914456487

This is north of the Puerta del Sol along Calle San Bernardo. The nearest Metro station is "San Bernardo" at Glorieta de Ruiz Jimenez. Walk East along C. Alberto Aguilera to C. Monteleon.

If you see José el Duende, tell him "Martín el pintor americano" sent you, and "¡Saludos de me parte!" You might end up sitting at his table and paying for all his drinks! That is not a bad thing, because all the fine women will stop by THIS table! The best time to go are Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. I don't think El Duende is there on other days, but check with the management. Thursdays are the best with the fewest people who are intent on their own conversations instead of flamenco, and the fewest loud drunks. The old La Soleá had two rooms upstairs and a cellar below, so the seriously addicted would go to the back room where El Duende would perform.

I have been to Casa Patas, and a few other clubs. This is nothing like them. No cover, no tourist show. Here you will be initiated into true flamenco.

Well, what nerve of me to say that! My credentials: started studying the toque at 14, studied Spanish gypsies and flamenco as an honors Anthropology student (it formed my undergraduate thesis subject), played flamenco guitar semi-professionally for over 15 years, and living here for over 4 years with many gypsy and non-gypsy professional and amateur flamencos as close friends. Not very long to study flamenco, I know, but long enough to know the good and great from the mediocre or worse.

Because I live so far out of town, I don't get over there much anymore. I would appreciate any feedback on how you liked it. Hopefully it is still good.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/23/04 07:26 PM

I'll try it, since I have given up hating flamenco with the years. I'll let you know. BTW, I think that, in spite of this i can handclap pretty well, but we'll see; if I see I can't follow the rythm, I'll let it go before anyone tells me.
smile cool laugh

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/23/04 08:15 PM

laugh cool wink
I love this thread! Ignacio, I wish you the same luck as Martín!
Posted by: OsoMajor

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/24/04 12:30 AM

Well i've never been to spain
But i kinda like the music
Say the ladies are insane there
And they sure know how to use it
They don't abuse it
Never gonna loose it
I can't refuse it...(words & music by hoyt axton) wink
--------------------------------------------------
Well, in my single years I dated a couple of Spanish women...to me they were no different from Cuban or Mexican women in terms of being individualistic, strong willed and direct, (like me). All characteristics that I like! I don't like clingy women! I find that regardless of the type of woman or where she is from there are things they all have in common. They want a man that is confident, charming, with a bit of mystery. It doesn't matter if you're rich, poor, young, old, fat or thin, black or white.

One of my closet friend is black, he's from Jamaica. He's a good looking guy, but not really handsome. He's got a personality and charm that won't quit and women flock to him like moths to a flame! He was in Spain for a month. He loved it and he had no trouble with the ladies there. Of course that Jamaican accent really helps!!! smile
Posted by: Emilio J

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/24/04 07:42 AM

Hola, it's summer, and I just want to say that when I walk on the streets, sometomes I feel like being in a living art museum.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/24/04 08:04 AM

Guys, I was just kidding!!!!!!!! laugh Now, seriously I really think you can see beautiful women all over the world. Maybe you are taking for granted what you have around you. confused

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/24/04 08:34 AM

Yes, go to Poland, Czech Republic or Slovakia, for example. And what about the countries of the former Jugoslavia? Our soldiers came back madly in love.

My God! We have some examples back here in Spain, and I am getting crazy.

BTW, did I mention I am leaving for Czeck Republic on September 13th and Poland afterwards? And those are hot chicks in both senses. Phew! Going for a cold shower. eek laugh :p cool

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/30/04 03:39 AM

After a second thought, I think I'll share with you, DDlV my two favourite places, the convent renegades' hangabouts. laugh

One of them I like specially. If you want the adress, drop a note here and I'll send it to you through PM, no need to make too much publicity... :p wink smile
Posted by: Zuzie

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/31/04 11:31 AM

I'm a girl from Madrid and although my English is not very good I'd like to reply somethins I've read.
Anyone has said a Spanish girl prefers to have sex with a guy of her kind more than a black man. Well, "that doctor in antropology" could tell me what kind of men Suriname girls would have sex? A girl, wherever she lives, will get in with someone he likes. It's as simple as taht. and as the Spanish sentence says: "Para gustos están los colores".
I must admit that it's not common to find a mix couple (but not impossible). I know mixed couples. Why is not "common"? As Madridman said most of the black people here in Spain are illegal inmigrants and their way of life is quite different from we what we colud call "normal day by day life". I mean, they come to Spain to get money for their families anyway they can so you are not going to find them working in an office what means you're not gonna find them going at at nights, what means it's not gonna be easy to have a direct relation with them. This sounds kind of sad or racist, call it what you want, but it's how it is working here.
There's a difference when a black men comes from the US o UK. You see him in the street and just for the way they dress/act you know where they can come from and it's gonna be easier to meet Spanish girls and to star a relation with one of them.

Anitayole have said that Spanish gilrs we have bad humor, "mal genio". Well, I don't know if it's bad, but it is: tenemos genio.

I hope you could understand what i've tried to said and please, don't misunderstand me if I said some word who could annoy someone, it was not my intention.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/31/04 12:19 PM

I think you refer to this text in a previous post by me (it would be nice if you had specified and not make us guess):

Other girls wouldn't have sex with a black men because they prefer white or because they are afraid to be stared at (specially in towns), and other would, but wouldn't have him as a boyfriend because of the remaining racial issues that anitayolé mentioned. I personally believe it's not a fully racist matter but a matter of "how people will look at me because I do a very strange thing".

or other parts in the same line.

If there is a thing I hate is those who are in possesion of Truth and so can tell anybody what they can tell and what they can't. While posting that, I am expressing my opinion, and in my opinion that's true, and I am sharing it to improve the social knowledge of foreigners on our country.

SO please, express your opinion and leave mine stay. OK?

I don't think I need to be a "doctor in antropology" to express what I see in the streets everyday.

As for this: " could tell me what kind of men Suriname girls would have sex? A girl, wherever she lives, will get in with someone he likes " this is purely childish.

Of course a girl has sex with who she wants to have sex with, they are not slaves. What I was pointing out is that in my opinion , they don't use to want to become multirracial couples. Of course I cannot speak for every woman in Spain, and of course that's what I believe, and I let the readers judge wether I am or not to be believed, cause I believe I have proved to give (at least) honest information in the past.

Well, maybe I am being too harsh, but I hate people who try to sell a "pinky world" (which is false) through censoring with so called "PC".

Between PC and truth (what's truth for me) I prefer truth.
Posted by: Zuzie

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/31/04 12:25 PM

Ok. Dont's you get angry with me because of that. But you can not also generalize about what Spanish girls would like or not.
I just thought that as a Spanish girl I would know beeter than a guy what me/my friends/the girls I know like/expect of a man.
I didn't remember your name that's why I call you doctor. Sorry for being Ironic. But have better sense of humor
As you said, it was just a comment!
Chati, que no te enfades por una tontería.
Un besiño

Re: Ladies of Spain - 08/31/04 12:49 PM

If we were in equal conditions, maybe you'd have some advantage, but everybody has a life, an experience, knowledges, age, and attitude, and there is people who is empathic or very communicative and like debating wether other not or not so much, so being a woman is not such a decisive advantage.

On the other hand, You are generalizing too when you (a woman) wants to speak on behalf of All the spanish women, hahaha.

I move in multirracial environments (salsa nightlife) and have multirracial friends. Do you? I see what happens, and, because I am extremely frank and sincere, and people feel at ease, most open very soon their hearts and speak freely too.

No problem about the "doctor " matter, but I didn't really know wether you were joking (wouldn't have guessed) since I don't know you. You came in the message board like "un elefante en una cacharrería" ( an elephant in a earthenware pot shop), smile .

I have a good sense of humour, but there are a number of matters and attitudes I am sensibilized towards.

Hala, un beso, y si te gustan más los negros me tiño. wink laugh

Re: Ladies of Spain - 09/07/04 06:53 AM

Ok so what part of spain do all these immigrants live? because i know this is likely to be rough...
Posted by: darkromeo415

Re: Ladies of Spain - 09/08/04 06:54 AM

HELLO PEOPLE....I'M NEW HERE. ANY NICE SPANISH WOMEN I CAN TALK TO?
Posted by: ChrisS

Re: Ladies of Spain - 09/14/04 12:02 AM

wow this is a great thread that I hope is still running. The thing about spansh women is that they are something very different than what most men have in their own countries> They seem exotic and a challenge thus making them quite desirable. I've had relationships with spanish women and well each relationship is unique kind of like each woman.......but everytime I come home from spain to the us i seem to be able "mack" out of control. A good place to start with anyone is getting to know them by asking for her number eek

Re: Ladies of Spain - 09/14/04 06:15 AM

Most inmigrants in Spain live in Madrid, although there are pretty extended colonies in most cities, specially big ones like Barcelona, but I know there are substantive percentages in Bilbao, Burgos or Las Palmas de Gran Canaria for example.

But in Madrid city (not counting the rest of the province) there is more than a million, despite official statistics, that don´t count illegals, that speak of 4 or 500,000.

In all, we have received around 4 million inmigrants in the last 8-10 years or so, which is a major cultural shock (10% of the population) and a big issue for salaries level and housing prices.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 09/24/04 08:08 PM

Hey you'll how you been doing? So I have a small favor to ask of you. I am on my way to Venezuela next in 2 weeks time. I'm a bit nervous because I have never been to a Latin American country before. I'm going with my friend Steve. I bascially wanted to ask any one that has ever been to Venezuela or any other Latin countries of What are the odds of chatting up the local ie are the really conservative(like in Spain)or slightly liberal.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 09/25/04 09:57 AM

There is not a rule as for how women are, and if it were, I wouldn't be able to explain it here, because soemone could be offended, but I have been to Venezuela only as a transfer in my trip to Peru, and I met there a venezuelan girl who I enjoyed several walks with and some parties in Cuzco. She was very nice and open, at least as much as spaniard girls.

I have also met several other venezuela girls in Madrid, too. Chatting is easy. I wouldn't say it's easy to intimate however, but it's much, much easier than with the spaniards. BTW, I don't consider that latino or venezuelan girls are too liberal but that spanish are extremely conservative. I met a guy from Angola here in Prague, and he said it was most of the times possible to get a one night stand here in the first date, but he was in Spain for three months and couldn't make it. rolleyes

Relax, you won't be alone, unless for the language barrier, work it out bravely but don't hope too much, thus you won't be deceived.

BTW, they are said to be very good lovers generally, and according to my short experience, they are. They are said to be very beautiful (many world misses are from Venezuela), but I wouldn't agree, from my point of view it's not so much.

Re: Ladies of Spain - 09/29/04 08:49 PM

thanks man! any other replys to this question are most welcome. please tell me more people???????