Women of Madrid Calendar

Posted by: OhMike

Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/16/03 10:29 PM

Now, THAT's what we need to keep our dates straight and promote good will. wink

Who's volunteering to be January? -OhMike
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/16/03 10:33 PM

I VOLUNTEER to invite Miss January out for caņas and tapas. :p

Sounds like a great idea, OhMike. Sexist, but a good idea all the same. RUN WITH IT!
Posted by: zorro37

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/17/03 09:04 AM

Just two things: Can I buy 10 copies! And can one month be Paz Vega?! rolleyes

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/17/03 09:07 AM

On second thoughts - Isn't Paz Sevilliano? Suppoose it will have to be P. Cruz then! confused confused
Posted by: pim

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/17/03 09:51 AM

MMan,

"Sexist, but a good idea all the same."

Mmm....wouldn't that sentence be politically incorrect? I guess YOU ARE becoming a Spaniard little by little after all! rolleyes :p

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/17/03 09:55 AM

Sexist? Who, ME smile ? Hey, if the women wanted to do a "Men of Madrid" calendar, I'm sure the guys wouldn't get their calzoncillos in a bunch.

Honesty between the sexes is the best and healthiest policy. And it's been studied and proved that men are more "visually" oriented when it comes to sexual attraction. That doesn't mean women don't like hunky guys; they do, but some things are more important to them.

Women (speaking in the broadest generalities) are more likely than a man to be drawn to a guy they see as wealthy and powerful (you know, the alpha male thing), or one they perceive as a good provider or a partner in domestic matters (child-rearing, cooking, cleaning). Men are turned on by a small waist, cleavage, and pouty lips. Women want someone who'll help them vacuum.

Is that sexist? I guess depending on your definition. But, hey, MOTHER Nature made up those rules. :p There will always be differences between the sexes. wink Is that a bad thing? -OhMike
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/17/03 10:07 AM

Quote:
Hey, if the women wanted to do a "Men of Madrid" calendar, I'm sure the guys wouldn't get their calzoncillos in a bunch.
THAT'S for darn sure. (hope this doesn't become another long topic about "political correctness") And trust me - when I see a beautiful woman walking down the streets of Spain and I find myself leering, I DON'T suddenly stop, slap my own face, and say outloud, "YOU PIG! GET A GRIP! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT BEAUTIFUL, SHAPELY, ARTFORM OF A WOMAN IS A HUMAN BEING?!! SHE'S THE SAME AS YOU!!!" Ummm.. no. She's NOTHING like me. And THAT'S why I'm rolling my tongue back into my mouth and pushing my eyeballs back into their sockets right now. eek

OhMike, if you're still looking for photographers and/or "interviewers" to prepare this calendar, I'd like to volunteer for that job. I figure it shouldn't take any more than 16 months to complete the job. Well, you know, WE HAVE TO BE CERTAIN that we'll have the MOST beautiful Spanish woman for each month and THAT TAKES TIME and requires A LOT of interviews and LOTS of photos taken! rolleyes :p

(I can just hear all the women here reading this silly thread and rolllllllling their eyes... rolleyes )

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: pim

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/17/03 10:31 AM

"the guys wouldn't get their calzoncillos in a bunch."

Sorry, I don't understand that expression, please somebody explain what it means or translate. confused

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/17/03 11:36 AM

calzoncillos = undies
Posted by: Booklady

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/17/03 01:26 PM

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Pim,
It's an American expression where they have changed the type of underwear. Originally, it was "don't get your drawers in a bunch." At the turn of the century ladies began wearing a type of underwear referred to as drawers, and it means don't get upset if your underwear rides up, know what I mean? laugh wink

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/20/03 07:43 AM

Based on Zorro's comments, I looked up Paz Vega on the Net. IMO, she definitely makes the calendar...and I don't care if she is Sevillana. wink Too bad we can't paste photos into the BB notes. frown

Paz was in a movie called "Sex & Lucia." From a review I read, that movie was banned in Seattle. That was good enough for me, so I had to order it. When I get it and see it, I will let you know on the BB how it was. -OhMike

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/20/03 01:53 PM

Ohmike - Now you're talking - I loved the movie and Paz of course. Hope you've already seen "Y tu mama tambien" ? if not make that your next video/dvd buy. Then move onto Almodovar's "Habla con ella" a really clever film. wink
Posted by: fmiketheman

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/20/03 02:31 PM

hello everybody

wasnt the brunette woman(sexy and coqueta)(rubia coqueta ensename las tetas) laugh eek in sex and lucia not from sevilla but from palencia?BTW im not talking about Paz Vega.

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/22/03 01:52 PM

Mikethe man, Don't quote me on this but you may be referring to Elena Anaya. As for "lucia y Sexo" being banned in Seattle I believe that the same film had chunks cut out of the US DVDs & videos. Can anyone confirm this? confused confused
Posted by: fmiketheman

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/22/03 04:01 PM

hey everybody

jeje now that you mentioned her name Elena Anaya bing bing her name just came to mind.thanks. i consider her the protagonista(the main character) here in NYC it surely was not banned. cool I also heard on the tv news that they banned it in Seatlle.not surprised,they lack passion overthere, with all that rain. rolleyes

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 05/27/03 01:43 PM

I think we are agreed Paz Vega will be on calendar. A Spanish magazine printed a photo of Penelope Cruz's sister , Monica, who they say will be Miss September in a forthcoming calendar. Bit late for 2003 but who would use it for dates?!!
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: Women of Madrid Calendar - 06/05/03 05:22 PM

Might I recommend for June "La Infanta Cristina". Is there a royal prohibition on "yendo en bikini"?