Irish Box

Posted by: Quintos233

Irish Box - 12/29/02 12:27 AM

Irish aparently are not as willing as the Moroccans to help Spain in this time of need I can understand a limit on Spanish ships but a limit of 41 kinda small it is Irish waters so I guess they are intitled to this but I hope that if Irish fishermen run into a crisis Spain will not be there to help them.
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Irish Box - 12/29/02 05:55 AM

Quintos233 writes:
Quote:
... I can understand a limit on Spanish ships but a limit of 41 kinda small it is Irish waters so I guess they are intitled to this but I hope that if Irish fishermen run into a crisis Spain will not be there to help them.
Please include a citation (or link) to give us some background on your story. Last Spring (May, 2002) I met the all-Spanish crew of s French-flagged fishing ship at a pub in Connemara, Irish Republic. I refer to it as a 'ship' rather than a 'boat' because that's what it is: a large Commercial Fishing vessel. According to one of the crewmen, the ship's home port is in Vizcaya, Spain. The ship is owned and operated by a French Company and the Captain was French. So it doesn't count against the 41-boat limit. That's the kind of stuff that happens in the lucrative commercial fishing industry.