Baltazar Garzón

Posted by: CaliBasco

Baltazar Garzón - 04/09/02 12:22 PM

This past Sunday's edition of the Los Angeles Times (April 7, 2002) carried an article about Baltazar Garzón, the Spanish judge who was made famous by the arrest warrant he put our on Pinochet, as well as the work he's done uncovering and prosecuting those involved in government-sponsored anti-terrorist death squads in the early 90s. It's a good story, and Garzón provides an interesting personality study.

Here's the link: http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-000024928apr07.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dfrontpage

Like him or not, he's a toughie who doesn't seem to be afraid of anyone (as long as he has his escoltas with him...)
Posted by: Miguelito

Re: Baltazar Garzón - 04/16/02 12:56 PM

They are talking now about propossing him for the Peace Nobel Prize.
I have liked very much all his articles since the international battle against terrorism began.
Posted by: Castiza

Re: Baltazar Garzón - 04/16/02 09:11 PM

That's true, Miguelito, he's been proposed for the Nobel Price of Peace. It looks as if he had a magnet to atract lots of controversial cases, the newest being the BBV (Banco Bilbao Vizcaya)financial scandal. Either you love him or you hate him: that's the way it goes.
What suprised me most the first time I heard him speaking in public was that, having such an active and determined image, his voice sound really weak and soft...