What a Bargin

Posted by: billy the man

What a Bargin - 12/04/08 05:58 AM

just bought my daughter a new tv/dvd/freeview player for christmas for £155.00 even beter bargain now that vat has come down
so if you want one get to your local Aldi they must have them in Spain and grab one clap

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week49thursday08.htm?WT.z_src=main
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: What a Bargin - 12/04/08 06:24 AM

Wow, billy the man! That IS a great deal. But they don't have Aldi's in Spain as far as I know. I couldn't find any through the Store Locator via your link above. We have them in the USA, though.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Diana

Re: What a Bargin - 12/04/08 09:02 PM

I guess Aldi has grown since I lived in Spain - I remember them as being small, inexpensive grocery stores. The years sure are passing by quickly!

Yes MM, they are in Spain - check it out:

http://www.aldi.es/index.shtml

And in Madrid:

ALDI MADRID - PADRE XIFRÉ
C/ Padre Xifré
28002 Madrid

ALDI MADRID - SANCHEZ PACHECO
Calle de Sánchez Pacheco 44-46
28002 Madrid

ALDI LEGANÉS
Alcalde Pedro González Gonzaález, s/n
28910 Leganés

ALDI GETAFE
C/ Alcalde Ángel Arroyo, 8 (Kelvinator)
28904 Getafe

ALDI RIVAS VACIAMADRID
P.I. Santa Ana C/ Industria, 4
28529 Rivas Vaciamadrid

Go get a tv!!!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: What a Bargin - 12/05/08 02:54 AM

Well look at that!!! Thanks, Diana! I had NO IDEA! Never seen an Aldi here in my life! And hey, that one on C/ Padre Xifré is RIGHT next to the CARTAGENA metro station near Avenida de América! And the on on Calle de Sánchez Pacheco, 44 is not far away from the one above. I guess these are out of my circle but might consider running over there to just look around.

The Aldis here in Madrid don't list this particular TV but do show others for sale.

But I CERTAINLY don't need any TVs after my TV shopping trip last May. It's a shame, too, because that's EXACTLY the kind, style, and size I wanted at that time. But what's "Free View"? (the free, new digital broadcasting format) Is that like TDT here in Spain? And this TV costs 155 British Pounds = 178 Euros ! My cost 295 Euros last May!!! Vaya, how prices are falling.

Posted by: steve robinson

Re: What a Bargin - 12/05/08 04:55 AM

I used to have an Aldi at the top of my street in the UK . They're German owned . Generally the quality was less than I wanted ( food ) , but on advice from a German colleague I shopped there for certain things .
Their pre-packed bratwurst are superb !! ( 90pct meat ) .. Perfect for barbecues . The smoked salmon is dead cheap and good too . Go there near christmas and they sell "stollen" - wonderful German christmas cake and Leberkusen - superb christmas biscuits .
Anybody that's been to the Weinachtsmarkt in German Cities ( I went to Koln ( Cologne ) ) will know that it's hard to imagine anything more christmasy .. A bratwurst sandwich and a cup of hot mulled wine with cinnamon in the open air , at night , with all the christmas lights is unforgettable !!
Posted by: billy the man

Re: What a Bargin - 12/05/08 06:21 AM

steve robinson i was in Koln last christmas and i know exactly what you mean, and yes the food you have mentioned is great! i always buy Stollen its lovely but after christmas buy one of their christmas cakes for half price now the are magnificent

going back to the topic my great bargain (yes ive spelt it right this time) is now NOT a great bargain Argos are selling them for the unbeliveable price of £145.00 they are giving them away with a three year guarantee

freeview in england is around 30 channels you can recieve without paying for sky there are music/shopping/film/sports/documentry soaps and things of that nature its very good for nothing