Spanish Flags ( for a party )

Posted by: steve robinson

Spanish Flags ( for a party ) - 09/25/08 10:03 AM

Does anyone know of a shop in Madrid where you can buy Spanish flags to hang around the top of a wall ...In the Uk we call it Bunting , maybe in America it's called Garland ( ? ) Steve
Posted by: billy the man

Re: Spanish Flags ( for a party ) - 09/25/08 10:28 AM

do you mean flags or bunting? i seem to remember those little wooden huts situated around Reitro Park sold all souveniers like flags and stuff, i cannot recall seeing bunting though
Posted by: sallyanne

Re: Spanish Flags ( for a party ) - 09/25/08 10:33 AM

Hi Steve,

i don't know the answer to your question, but if you click on this link, they may be able to help you.
Banderas para Eventos
Empresa líder en la fabricación de Banderas, Infórmese sin compromiso. - www.banderolas.net/Banderas

bunting - tela usada para la confección de banderas
Posted by: billy the man

Re: Spanish Flags ( for a party ) - 09/26/08 03:43 AM

dont know if this helps Steve but it says they are based in Madrid

http://www.worldflags.es/en/contacta.php

Re: Spanish Flags ( for a party ) - 09/26/08 05:37 AM

Thanks SallyAnne and Billy the man ... Sally , It seems that website is more geared toward big corporate style flags unfortunately . Billy , it's a good site but no bunting on offer .
I actually found a party shop just off Goya yesterday but they didn't have anything .
However I'm convinced that , with such pride in the flag , there must be a shop that sells what I want ! Steve
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Spanish Flags ( for a party ) - 09/26/08 08:14 AM

steve robinson, have you taken a look in "Los Chinos" stores? It's worth a look. You may get lucky. You can also find Spanish flags, big and small, in all the souvenir shops around Madrid.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Spanish Flags ( for a party ) - 09/26/08 12:06 PM

Well I've been to my local ( huge ) chino store and didn't have any luck ... But what I want is , like , a string of flags ... However the store did have some very tacky statues of La Virgen de Dolores for 10 Euros which I was tempted by haha . Steve
Posted by: SalaChic

Re: Spanish Flags ( for a party ) - 10/05/08 04:45 PM

I bought exactly what you are looking for a couple years ago in Salamanca (the city, not the barrio). Anyway, go to a papeleria and try there. It took me a couple of stores, but I finally found them.

Re: Spanish Flags ( for a party ) - 10/05/08 06:16 PM

Thanks SalaChic ... I'll have a walk around tomorrow .... Steve
Posted by: sallyanne

Re: Spanish Flags ( for a party ) - 10/10/08 07:55 AM

Steve, theres a chinese shop right by where i work in píramides that sells them - 4 ft 6" banners of the spanish flag, 1 euro each!

Re: Spanish Flags ( for a party ) - 10/10/08 08:49 AM

The party's this Sunday so it might be cutting it fine ..... Do you know the road it's in ? Maybe i could go up there tomorrow .. I certainly would not want to intrude on your weekend . But we should definitely meet one day !! REM was completely awesome ... I took some video on my digital camera .. The sound quality is excellent !! MM loved it too .. Afterwards , at midnight , we sat at a terrace eating chopitos and patatas bravas with a cana / vino blanco .. Maybe the last evening terrace opportunity of summer . .. Steve