Madrid: Firefighter Helmets for sale?

Posted by: ELECTRACITY

Madrid: Firefighter Helmets for sale? - 09/19/05 05:15 PM

Hola, Here is an usual purchase that I would like to make. I want to buy a "Gallet" firefighters helmet that is used in Madrid. Does anyone know of a store that sells this type of equipment??

Thanks in advance.
Posted by: Mongo

Re: Madrid: Firefighter Helmets for sale? - 09/19/05 05:43 PM

There is a hat shop at the northeast corner of Plaza Mayor. They have a huge variety of police, military and other caps. A friend was able to get the distinctive tri-corner hat of the guardia civil there. It is just to your right as you enter the plaza from calle Postas.
Posted by: Puna

Re: Madrid: Firefighter Helmets for sale? - 09/20/05 03:54 PM

Mongo - You have no idea of how often I've wandered by that store and wondered who would ever shop there -

Guess you just answered that ... eek
Posted by: Mongo

Re: Madrid: Firefighter Helmets for sale? - 09/21/05 01:32 AM

Puna-The real story is much more entertaining!
Posted by: YZYZ

Re: Madrid: Firefighter Helmets for sale? - 09/22/05 04:49 AM

On one of my walks recently I walked by this large store for firefighting equipment. It is on Calle de Irun, just east of Estacion del Norte. It might be worth a shot. Otherwise you can check the hat store on Plaza Mayor as Mongo suggested.

Re: Madrid: Firefighter Helmets for sale? - 09/26/05 01:18 PM

Thank you YZYZ!!

I managed to find it on the site QDQ (photographs of Madrid buildings/ addresses). It would seem that the address is Calle de Irún, 7 (can also be written as C/Irún,7.
I cannot make out the complete name of the store. All I can see is"Capar..." I am missing the last 3 or 4 letters. It seems to have a little statue of a firefighter on the sidewalk in front of the store.

Can anyone there confirm/phone/find out if they sell the MSA Gallet "F1" firefighting helmet that is worn in Madrid?? Or if you can find their phone number and post it here, I can call them.

Thanks in advance!
Posted by: YZYZ

Re: Madrid: Firefighter Helmets for sale? - 09/27/05 07:00 AM

I guess the store I was talking about only sells extinguishers and not helmets. It is called Caparros . You might try emailing them to see if they have any idea where to get the helmets.

Re: Madrid: Firefighter Helmets for sale? - 09/30/05 10:17 AM

Thanks to all those who replied. Well, what I did is go to ebay. There I found many helmets to choose from. I found the EXACT one I wanted and purchases it. I think I would be hard pressed to find one in Madrid without some run-around and Big $$$. ebay saves the day.