Lladro - where to get it?

Posted by: el tio

Lladro - where to get it? - 07/08/05 11:09 AM

We will be visiting Spain and no doubt, will be picking up at least one piece of the Lladro porcelain. We will be going through Valencia - where Lladro is made - but wasn't sure if it's cheaper in Valencia vs. other parts of Spain; or if it's just as cheap to buy it here in the US.

Any thoughts? thanks
Posted by: meencantaespana

Re: Lladro - where to get it? - 07/08/05 05:03 PM

cheaper in spain...i bought a piece that was a last one collectors item for only $150 which here it would be like double that
Posted by: Chica

Re: Lladro - where to get it? - 07/12/05 08:15 AM

Hi El Tío.. prices are definitely much cheaper in Spain than in the US. But, there isn't much difference in price between buying your pieces in Valencia or any other Spanish city.

However, if you go to Tavernes Blanques, the town where the actual Lladró factory is (just outside of Valencia city), there is a small factory outlet store/museum where they sell slightly imperfect Lladró pieces for almost 50% off the retail price. I have bought all the pieces for my mother at that store. In most cases, the imperfections are scarcely noticeable.
I just pulled the address from the Lladro website.

Carretera de Alboraya s/n
Tavernes Blanques (Valencia)
Telf: 96 318 7008
museo-lladro@es.lladro.com

There are buses that go there which leave from the Plaza de Ayuntamiento in Valencia City.

Happy shopping!
Posted by: Leche

Re: Lladro - where to get it? - 07/13/05 01:26 PM

I can also recommend the Lladro seconds shop. And this will ship worldwide from there as well.
Posted by: el tio

Re: Lladro - where to get it? - 07/14/05 03:35 PM

Thanks you all - that is exactly the information I was looking for - the 2nd hand shop it is!