Madrid: Travel book about Seattle - IN SPANISH??

Posted by: ditravelphoto

Madrid: Travel book about Seattle - IN SPANISH?? - 12/04/04 11:51 PM

A friend of mine who is with the Seattle Tourism Bureau has asked me to see if I can find a travel guide book about Seattle written in Spanish while I am in Madrid. Could someone tell me where the best place to start looking is? A book store? El Corte Ingles? I tried looking on their website El Corte Ingles but I do not know enough Spanish to find what I am looking for if it is there.

Does anyone living in Madrid have any ideas where I could start looking and what these books are called in Spanish?

Muchas Gracias!
Posted by: Chus

Re: Madrid: Travel book about Seattle - IN SPANISH?? - 12/06/04 01:20 PM

http://www.elcorteingles.es/libros/producto/libro_descripcion.asp?CODIISBN=8434507617
From El Corte Ingles. I made a search for "Seattle" on their website and got 3 results, this book is the only guide of those 3.
There's plenty of bookstores (librerias) all over the place where you can probably get more variety. Maybe some of the local madrileños can help with locations...

Re: Madrid: Travel book about Seattle - IN SPANISH?? - 12/07/04 12:29 AM

Thank you very much Chus! Now at least I know what to ask for at the bookstore! Guías Turísticas de América.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Madrid: Travel book about Seattle - IN SPANISH?? - 12/07/04 04:12 AM

Well, Guías turísticas de América is a good term to search, but it's not the only one. For example, if you tell that to an employee, he may give you a book on Perú or Argentina.

I am sure you can ask a more specific question, like asking for "Seattle" and, if the attendant doesn't know it or isn't familiarized with the pronounciation of the word (many of us know the word but we pronounce it like it would sound in Spanish "sitel" whereas you say "siidel"), then ask for "una guía de los Estados Unidos".

An even more complete bookstore is Casa del Libro, in Gran Via, close to the metro of the same name, very downtown.

Re: Madrid: Travel book about Seattle - IN SPANISH?? - 12/07/04 09:06 AM

Thank you Ignacio. I agree I need to be more specific. The American continent is a big one and I could get a book for Argentina or Canada. I think I remember the bookstore on Gran Via, easy to find.

Thank you!
Posted by: Jay Gantvoort

Re: Madrid: Travel book about Seattle - IN SPANISH?? - 02/16/05 09:23 AM

Ditravelphoto, did you ever find that book on Seattle in Esponal? If not, I can look around the area where I live, in the Majadahonda area, just let me know.