Best map of Madrid?

Posted by: tcl

Best map of Madrid? - 03/25/04 04:40 AM

Which company makes the best map of Madrid and where I can I buy one? I would like to buy one that has enough details without being outrageously large.
Posted by: deibid

Re: Best map of Madrid? - 03/25/04 06:13 AM

The best map of Madrid is the Almax callejero, I don't know if it's available in USA, but it is a detailed street index updated with all the new streets and an accurate map, includes metro and conmuter rail maps and all the bus routes.
Posted by: Torrales

Re: Best map of Madrid? - 03/25/04 09:00 AM

I agree with deibid that Almax is the best one. Actually, it is the one I always carry in my car. It is smartly folded, so only one one third of the city appears at a time as maximum. It is easily available in Madrid, but you can even purchase it online from the editors: http://62.175.193.56/english/index.htm

Re: Best map of Madrid? - 03/25/04 01:00 PM

I'll be purchasing the map while I'm in Madrid, so where in Madrid can I buy Almax maps?
Posted by: Torrales

Re: Best map of Madrid? - 03/26/04 03:13 AM

Quote:
so where in Madrid can I buy Almax maps?
Most newsstands in touristic areas have them. All places in the VIPS chain(restaurant/cafeteria/convenience store all-in-one) have them. And, of course, in any bookstore department of El Corte Ingles, in FNAC Callao, and in both Casa del Libro bookstores. All these places are located within the triangle Sol-Gran Via-Callao metro stations.

Re: Best map of Madrid? - 03/26/04 01:03 PM

Torrales : Muchas gracias por su ayuda! smile I hope I said that correctly. It's been a long time since I've written in Spanish.

**Edited: How rude of me to forgot to thank you, deibid ! Muchas gracias, deibid!

Re: Best map of Madrid? - 06/10/04 10:57 PM

Just reporting back after my trip. I found the Almax map at El Corte Ingles with no problem. I think it costed 2-3 euro. The map was great - so easy to read and has a great index. I would definitely recommend buying this map if you're visiting Madrid.

Re: Best map of Madrid? - 06/11/04 02:35 AM

Thanks! this was an easy one. I wish all the questions were so easy to satisfy.
Posted by: Nativo

Re: Best map of Madrid? - 06/26/04 08:38 AM

Just one final hint on the Madrid almax street book, that's the one taxi drivers have around here....
Posted by: Anitayole

Re: Best map of Madrid? - 07/08/04 05:34 AM

HI there, i thought that maybe the web site I put as follows may help u guys. Its great. It is a callejero, and if u go into the link of callejero fotografico, and u write down the street where u want to go, it gives u a map with exact location and photographs so u get a picture of where the street is. I always use it , since Im crap with callejeros and I remember streets better if I see them. So i hope it is of use for any of u.

http://www.qdq.com

Ciao bellos, wink

Re: Best map of Madrid? - 07/09/04 02:27 AM

Yeah, Anita. QDQ is commonly used in this forum. Just see tha last 'Party with MadridMan' thread.