Christmas shopping in Madrid via internet

Posted by: Floroz

Christmas shopping in Madrid via internet - 12/03/03 08:50 AM

I'm looking for little gifts for a 12 yr old boy and 9 yr old girl who live in Madrid. Is there an on-line store in Madrid where I can order and have delivered? I can't seem to find an English connection to El Corte Inglés , is there such a thing? Thanks for any help.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Christmas shopping in Madrid via internet - 12/04/03 05:48 AM

It does not seem that they have an English version on the El Corte Inglés website, no. But it does seem they allow people from outside of Spain to make purchases. You have to register first to make purchases (of course), and they require your passporte or DNI number. Once you have chosen your items and put them in the shopping cart, you can either register yourself or NOT register in order to make your purchases. If you register, that page has an ENGLISH version clickable link but if you don't register, that page is only in Spanish.

In order to be sure you're not making a mistake or misunderstanding something with your order I would ask one of your friends to "oversee" the purchase for/with you.

I don't know of any other website in Spain for shoppers but no doubt there are hundreds or thousands of them. You could probably see many of these advertised @ http://www.Terra.es .

Good luck and happy holidays! Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Floroz

Re: Christmas shopping in Madrid via internet - 12/05/03 06:39 PM

Thanks for the info, and for correcting my spelling!!