Madrid CD shop - alternative rock?

Posted by: tora

Madrid CD shop - alternative rock? - 11/01/03 08:50 AM

Hi,
I wonder if anyone knows of a CD shop in Madrid that sells "alternative rock" - i.e something along the line of Daniel Johnston, Mojave 3, Frank Black, +/-, My Morning Jacket, The Strokes, Swell, the Raveonettes, Califone, the Shipping News, Calla...?

I know that I can get some of the big names at Madrid Rock, and Discos del Sur have some stuff but I need MORE! Any ideas?

cheers/tora
Posted by: Miguelito

Re: Madrid CD shop - alternative rock? - 11/03/03 03:20 AM

There are a few rock speciallised shops close to Gran Via, around Leganitos st., Santo Domingo ...
I don't know if they'll have those alternative rock groups but my friends used to buy imported heavy metal cd's on the 90's (not edited in Spain)
Posted by: mencey

Re: Madrid CD shop - alternative rock? - 11/06/03 11:26 PM

Tora, I'm assuming you now live in Madrid, in which case I would suggest ordering the CDs through the internet, maybe even get a good deal through ebay or some music dealer's website. Or maybe you can "discover" smilar styles of music locally in Madrid. I like Depeche Mode, but when in Spain, OBK is an excellent subtitution.
Posted by: that_girl

Re: Madrid CD shop - alternative rock? - 11/09/03 02:18 AM

I went to a record/vinyl shop called La Metralleta that probably had some alternative stuff (I was mainly looking for Spanish 1960s garage rock) that was in a parking garage. They have a CD-only (I think) store near the FNAC near Puerta del Sol. I am pretty sure the address for this one is Plaza del Angel, 4. You can't miss it once you find the little alleyway to it. It seemed like they had alternative bands cds in the window, and I think they sell both new and used. Hope that helps.
Posted by: Miguelito

Re: Madrid CD shop - alternative rock? - 11/10/03 02:02 AM

Yes, La Metralleta is beside the Descalzas Reales convent, in the same square.