Leather Gloves in Madrid

Posted by: pc

Leather Gloves in Madrid - 09/01/03 04:01 PM

Hi, I've been to Madrid and Spain a few times but never bought gloves. Last February in Avila eek I gave my lovely Italian ones to someone and did not get them back. Any suggestions of stores in Madrid to pick up a fairly nice pair or two? I will be leaving for Spain this coming Sunday, won't have a car, but understand the language, the bus and subway systems. I can probably pick up a pair at El Corte Ingles, but if someone knows of a specialty shop, I'd appreciate the info. Gracias, merci beau coup, thanks, etc ......eileen eek
Posted by: Mongo

Re: Leather Gloves in Madrid - 09/01/03 05:25 PM

I found this listing on the web. It is just off Puerta del Sol behind the Loteria shop on Espoz y Mina. I bought a matching set of gloves, scarf and hat for my niece. The women there are very helpful.

Guantes Luque

C/Espoz y Mina 3, Santa Ana (91 522 32 87). Metro Sol.
Open 10am-1.30pm, 5-8pm Mon-Sat.
Credit MC, V.

This curious shop, over a hundred years old, only sells gloves - all colours, materials, size and shapes. If it can't be found here, it can't be found anywhere.

Also listed in the Eyewitness Guide is:
Guantes Varade
c/ de Serrano 54
91 575 67 41
I have no knowledge of them.
Posted by: willson

Re: Leather Gloves in Madrid - 09/17/03 05:24 AM

Yes, Luque, in back of Sol, is the place. Wonderful shop - whether you buy or not.

But do buy something if ever so slightly inclined. It'll help keep wonderful shops such as this in business despite the existance of El Corte Inglés.