Leather Jackets??

Posted by: ELECTRACITY

Leather Jackets?? - 03/17/03 05:54 PM

I know I always get shoes when in spain, but this time I would also like to get a leather jacket. Does anyone know of a store that they could recommend for leather goods??

Thanks.
Posted by: Espe3

Re: Leather Jackets?? - 03/17/03 06:46 PM

The area around the Ronda de Toledo has some good leather goods shops. I'd check the prices where you live though, the last few people I know that went looking for jackets in spain- where it used to be a really good deal- found that it wasn't so inexpensive anymore. Just in case you were looking for a bargan!

Good luck and happy shopping! smile
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Leather Jackets?? - 03/17/03 07:01 PM

Espe3, I know where Ronda de Toledo is but many probably do not. We're not even sure that ELECTRACITY is going to be in Madrid (she didn't mention her destinations). So tell us ELECTRACITY, where in Spain will you be visiting and maybe we can recommend some leathergoods shops. Thanks! (I know. I know. This is where everyone rolllllls their eyes... rolleyes )

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: sel

Re: Leather Jackets?? - 03/17/03 09:01 PM

My daughter wanted a leather jacket and I found them to be more expensive in Spain than Columbus. frown
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Leather Jackets?? - 03/17/03 09:20 PM

Yeah. I believe this, sel. And while most everything IS cheaper in the USA, the quality isn't usually as good as those things you buy in Spain/Italy/Wherever.
Posted by: ELECTRACITY

Re: Leather Jackets?? - 03/18/03 10:45 AM

Sorry for the long delay!
We will be in Madrid on and off (Madrid is our base). Other stops include: Valencia, Alicante, Pamplona, Santiago de Compostela, Cordoba etc.

I agree with the comment that many things are cheaper here in North America. The trick is to research the item(s) you are interested in (even shoes!!) For example I know I can get a bomber-style jacket here for less then $300 CDN. It would have to be cheaper then that for me to purchase it in Spain. Any stores I can "check out" while there??
Thanks
Posted by: Espe3

Re: Leather Jackets?? - 03/18/03 06:36 PM

MM, including the quality issue... more often than not, you'll still get it cheaper here. My mom recently spent WAAAAAAY too much on a leather jacket because she thought quality/price would be better in Spain, but this isn't the case as it used to be...

Ever walk into Wilson's leather store when they're having a sale? I got a $400 italian leather jacket for $70! :o smile And the quality, well smile smile smile
Posted by: sel

Re: Leather Jackets?? - 03/18/03 07:17 PM

I agree. They have the same variance in quality that we have here. I am sorry now that I waited to get my daughter's jacket because I thought I would find nicer and cheaper jackets in Spain.