online bookstores in Spain

Posted by: Susan317

online bookstores in Spain - 10/18/02 06:21 PM

A friend of mine recently returned from Spain and wishes she had purchased a leather bound volume of "Tales of the Alhambra." I'm looking for a place to order one(in English). It is important to her that it be sent from Spain, preferably Granada. Is there a web site for the Alhambra?
Thanks
Posted by: Antonio

Re: online bookstores in Spain - 10/19/02 05:09 AM

I don't know any on-line store which is phisically located in Granada but if she wants to buy it from Spain, then a good realiable choice is El Corte Inglés . However, sending just 1 book to the US it is even more expensive that the price of the book itself!!.
Posted by: Tia

Re: online bookstores in Spain - 10/19/02 03:13 PM

When I visited Granada last year there was a market selling pocket books. The sellers advertised Babellibros on posters and plastic bags.
The link is unfortunately only in Spanish. I have never ordered any book from them so I cannot recommend them, but as Antonio says it´ll cost you quite a lot.
Posted by: Lipstique

Re: online bookstores in Spain - 10/20/02 02:58 PM

Susan, have you tried looking for the book on Half.com or bidding on Ebay ? The only reason I mention this as I was on both sites last night, and did see that The Tales of the Alhambra by Washington Irving was available. Some of the sellers mentioned in their advertisements that the books were purchased at the Alhambra, although not all of them had hard cover books, and none of them were first editions (170 years old).

Anyway, its just a thought. However, I'll be in Spain in March and will be going to the Alhambra, so if your friend wants to wait I can pick her up a leather-bound copy.