buying a stroller in madrid

Posted by: rcae

buying a stroller in madrid - 07/21/02 12:10 AM

does anyone know the price range of strollers in madrid...i did a search here and found the Jane stroller link and thought they looked great but i am assuming they are a little pricey....i love to walk everywhere but my daughter gets tired long before i do so i thought buying a stroller would keep us both happy...any thoughts or suggestions...buy in the states and take on the plane or buy in madrid??
thanks,
rachel
Posted by: plumepoppy

Re: buying a stroller in madrid - 07/21/02 07:45 AM

Hi! I think a stroller is crucial if you are planning to do a lot of walking with a child. As there is so much to see and do with a child in commercial areas as well as in parks, you'd tire out pretty quickly without one. Cortes Ingles is the biggest department store in Madrid at Puerta del Sol and they will probably have a large range of strollers. I have no idea what the price range is but I found most items pretty pricey when I was there in May. I'm sure you'd pay a lot less if you bought one in the States and it would be ready to use the minute you get off the plane. You wouldn't have to lose time on shopping for one too. Maybe a model you can leave behind when you return home. Hope my two penny's worth doesn't stir you in the wrong direction! Bon voyage.
Posted by: Puna

Re: buying a stroller in madrid - 07/22/02 10:58 AM

A lot was written on this subject a couple of years ago - click on the following:

http://www.madridman.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000017