marzapán of Santo Tomé in Toledo

Posted by: rosario

marzapán of Santo Tomé in Toledo - 06/08/01 08:30 PM

We just returned from a wonderful trip to Spain, and bought from first rate mazapán from the Pasteleria Santo Tomé, locally made by the friars of the Iglesia de Santo Tomé. I wonder if any of you are aware of a website or phone number to order more of the same. Thanks.

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]
Posted by: Antonio

Re: marzapán of Santo Tomé in Toledo - 06/09/01 07:50 AM

At the Iglesia de Santo Domingo el Antiguo (Toledo) they sell mazapán. You'll find all the information at their website.

Also, in my site you'll find a list of places in Madrid selling pastries made by nuns / friars. It's at the "Actual News" section. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to update this frown . I'm studying at the university and I don't have enough time to update / redesign my site. Hope some day I put online a new improved version.

Regards,

Antonio

PS: By the way, remember that these nuns/friars are not a factory. Don't order tons of them and let other people enjoy also of those wonderful pastries.

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]
Posted by: rosario

Re: marzapán of Santo Tomé in Toledo - 06/09/01 10:32 AM

thanks for the reply, Antonio. You did not include your website. Also, I did go to the website that you gave for Santo Domingo, and noticed it is in Spanish. I have a very rudimentary understanding of the language, but did manage to understand. I wonder however if they would be willing to ship to the US. I will email them. I would be interested to explore your website if you decide to share it. Thanks.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: marzapán of Santo Tomé in Toledo - 06/09/01 11:38 AM

Hi rosario! You'll find the link to Antonio's website, that of Hostal Chelo , in Antonio's signature (clickable link).