Independent record shops (Madrid)

Posted by: Traderwoody

Independent record shops (Madrid) - 02/19/01 07:41 AM

Can anyone recommend any decent independent record shops in Madrid. I'm not interested in big stores like Tower, HMV, etc, rather the small ones that sell vinyl and wierd stuff, particularly of the noisy type!
Thanks,
Traderwoody
Posted by: nevado

Re: Independent record shops (Madrid) - 02/19/01 08:12 AM

One comes to mind, Melecoton, off the Gran Vía by Cortefiel and Casa de Libros.
Posted by: Miguelito

Re: Independent record shops (Madrid) - 02/19/01 11:06 AM

Metralleta sells used vinilo records. There is one shop in Pza de las Descalzas and another one near Pza de Santa Ana.
There is also two more between Pza de España and Sto Domingo but I don't remember their names. In the Rastro there is a shop who sells really old records.
Posted by: Leche

Re: Independent record shops (Madrid) - 02/20/01 11:15 AM

Most of those shops are congregated right around the Gran Via area where the walking street meets that connects to La puerta del sol. CD King on Calle Hortaleza is great and the others are just withing walking distance on the streets right around there. I have gone on several record hunting tours and I just ask the patrons or shop workers where other record shops were and they were happy to oblige.

Leche
Posted by: Traderwoody

Re: Independent record shops (Madrid) - 02/22/01 11:04 AM

That's great, it sounds like there are a whole lot to choose from! I find that record shops can have very different stocks from country to country and have often brought back records that I never thought I'd see, never mind own. It'll should be interesting to see what I can unearth in Madrid. Saying that, as I'm going there with my wife, I'll have a lot less browsing time!
Thanks again for all the suggstions!

Traderwoody

[This message has been edited by Traderwoody (edited 02-22-2001).]
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Independent record shops (Madrid) - 02/25/01 11:46 AM

Leche is right. Near Gran Via there are many record shops. At "Tres Cruces" street, there are 5 of them.

CD King is just opposite my hostel. I think they have a website but I can't find it.

Another one I've seen it's called "Killer's" and it's at Montera, 28.

Regards,

Antonio