Health Food Stores (Madrid)

Posted by: SpainSpud

Health Food Stores (Madrid) - 02/17/01 11:23 PM

Vitamins, flaxseed, CoQ10, and other "esoteric" items that are pretty much relegated to the health food store venue in the States are gotten where in Spain? Is this going to be a farmacia thing or is there a viable health food industry there?

Thanksamundo, in advance!
Posted by: rhonda

Re: Health Food Stores (Madrid) - 02/19/01 06:17 AM

Well i am not really sure what flaxseed, CoQ10, and other "esoteric" items are... But I know that there are health food stores around madrid, i think there might be one in La Vaguada. There is one in Plaza de Espaņa as well. If you want you the street and number(of the one in plaza de espaņa), let me know and iīll walk by there later and get it.
Un saludo

Re: Health Food Stores (Madrid) - 02/20/01 10:18 PM

Wonderful, rhonda! Anytime you have the time, it will be much appreciated by my mom (and me, of course)! How are you doing over there at this time of the year, by the way?

Re: Health Food Stores (Madrid) - 02/21/01 01:30 PM

iīm doing great, thanks for asking!
The weather is really nice now...it's still cold in the mornings though...but in the afternoon it warms up! The winter blues are slowing disappearing! I will get that address for you tonight, it's really close to where i live, so...no worries!
Ciao

Re: Health Food Stores (Madrid) - 02/23/01 07:15 AM

Hola SpainSpud,
Ok the address of the store i have talked about is Calle San Leonardo #7. The street is perpendicular to C/ Princesa/Gran Via, directly across from Plaza de Espaņa. Soooooo.... i hope you find it, and it serves you well. I don't think you'll have a problem though.
Saludos,
Rhonda

It's right across the street from a gimnasio(gym).

Re: Health Food Stores (Madrid) - 02/25/01 02:06 AM

Thank you, thank you, rhonda!! We so much appreciate this bit of information and the gym being so close is definitely a plus as I'm trying to get out of the winter "drags" by hitting the gym here before we leave. So, I can continue over there! Thanks, again! We'll stay in touch.

Re: Health Food Stores (Madrid) - 02/25/01 11:15 AM

No problem at all... i actually saw another one yesterday... It's called La Dalia and it's on Calle Pez. I donīt know the number, but the steret is not far from Gran Via. If you go from Gran Via to San Bernardo, and just walk on San Bernardo for a few mintues then you will fine Calle Pez, from there the store is like a 3 minute walk(tops). Anyhow, i don't think you'll have a problem. And hey, i go to that gym by the first store i told you about...soooooo, if i hear english there one day soon i'll say "SpainSpud? is that you??"
Cheers,
Rhonda