Camper Craze

Posted by: Guapetona

Camper Craze - 12/19/00 05:37 PM

Hola

Camper shoes are becoming super popular in the States this season. The particular shoe in demand is called "Pelotas". I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy them in the States?
If you would like to check out this fantastic Mallorcan product: www.camper.es

Thanks in advance for any help.

Felices Fiestas
Posted by: Puna

Re: Camper Craze - 12/20/00 01:07 PM

Hola - Clarke's (of England - full name seems to be on only some of their stores) & in selected areas thru-out the US - carries some Camper styles. Nordstroms' shoe department carries Clarkes as well - and might carry Campers as a result ... Happy hunting.
Posted by: Leche

Re: Camper Craze - 12/20/00 05:01 PM

I don't think they looked that great....there's a million other companies out there making chunky style shoes.

Leche
Posted by: laduque

Re: Camper Craze - 12/20/00 07:22 PM

I worked for Nordstrom, and last year, they actually carried some Camper shoes in their largers stores. You might try them in your area. I tried Nordstrom shoes on line but did not see them there...Good luck!

Re: Camper Craze - 12/20/00 08:12 PM

Re Leche:

See them in person and you'll see what I'm talking about. These shoes last forever and feel like heaven on your feet. Yes, some of their syles are modern but that goes hand in hand with how forward thinking this company is. I applaud their aggressivenes. It's outstanding that a Spanish company has managed to sucessfully market its products OUTSIDE of Europe. I've seen ads in GQ, Vogue and the inside cover of the NY Times. Amazing!

It's the HOTTEST shoe of the season. They are
called "athletic hybrids"

Their other shoes are just as beautiful however the "pelotas" line is what has received so much attention.

Thanks everyone for your help on where to find them - just found out Saks Fifth Avenue has them too.

I'm going to have my cousin bring me a pair right after X-Mas from Sevilla.

Leche, juro que te encantaran, tronco....

Felices Fiestas Chavales!!!!

'Tona
Posted by: Leche

Re: Camper Craze - 12/21/00 12:23 PM

Thanks for the info..I'll check em out. But I know I'll always be sticking with my old standby Doc Martens....now those are some shoes that will last forever!

Leche
Posted by: Jen

Re: Camper Craze - 01/10/01 03:21 PM

I noticed that Marshall Field's(Dayton Hudson) carries some styles. I should've gotten some in Spain-they're really expensive. I just might splurge though!
Posted by: taravb

Re: Camper Craze - 04/07/02 09:54 PM

I'm reviving an old thread because I really want a pair of Campers!

I have seen them in a few places here in the US, but the selection is limited. Does anyone know where I can find a really good selection online?

Also, how much cheaper are they in Spain than in the US? I haven't seen prices to compare. If they are much less, I will put them on my "dream shopping in Spain" list, and if they are similar in price, I will get them in the US if I find the right style. smile

Re: Camper Craze - 04/08/02 04:15 PM

Just as a frame of reference, Campers seem to be around $140-150 (165 euros or so) here in the U.S. Can I do a lot better in Spain?
Posted by: Eric - NYC

Re: Camper Craze - 04/08/02 06:31 PM

I bought a pair of Campers for about 85 bucks in Madrid back in October. It was actually the first stop on my trip. I definitely should've bought a few more pairs...

Check the Camper website - it lists US stores somewhere. There might just be a store near you in The District. I'm in NYC and there's at least one store, down in SoHo.

Re: Camper Craze - 04/08/02 07:26 PM

My favorite topic...shoes!! the store on princesa has the most modern collection of camper . the one on gran via up from callao is traditional due to the clients. more nauticos, classic pelotas, no strong colors. i love camper for how original they are so i prefer the store on princesa. i pay from 80-100€ in madrid laugh i came back a couple of weeks ago with four pairs..i just love these shoes!!
another alternative to camper are kickers , really cute shoes. they are baby shoes for adults. very comfy and good-looking for about 50-65€. they are available everywhere but easy to find at el corte inglés
Posted by: pim

Re: Camper Craze - 04/08/02 08:16 PM

Guapi,

Kickers, aaah! what memories! I spent a big part of my childhood on a pair of their 'zuecos'(clogs¿?) smile

Re: Camper Craze - 04/08/02 09:17 PM

Those Kickers are CUTE!! I guess I will wait for my next trip to Spain to pick up a pair of Campers; it looks like they are about 1/2 the price over there.

And the selection is probably much better!!

I LOVE their "twins" line--cute shoes where the left and right are different, but complement each other. Check them out online at Camper\'s website !!

Tara smile
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Camper Craze - 04/09/02 11:13 AM

Kickers are very fashionable here in england,my three kids keep telling me so!
However they are very expensive here.