guitars: classical

Posted by: jllawson

guitars: classical - 11/09/00 09:03 PM

Can anyone assist in locating a "directory" of the guitarmakers in Spain????? Particularly in Madrid, Seville or nearby towns. I want to buy a "spanish guitar" of modest quality/cost; but not piece of junk. My trip is over the Christmas/New Year holidays and I would appreciate any help.
Posted by: kk49827

Re: guitars: classical - 11/10/00 12:21 PM

I wish I coudl help you more, but I can't. But, I do know that good guitars are out there. When I studied there one of my roomates bought a guitar somewhere near downtown. They said they just stumbled on to a guitar shop. It was a nice guitar and it was cheap too. Good luck.
Posted by: jefe7

Re: guitars: classical - 11/10/00 03:51 PM

I bought my guitar in a store in Sevilla a couple years ago. Excellent quality and sound. I don't remember the brand or the model of the top of my head, but, if you want, I can check when I get home.

I don't remember the store name, but it was on Calle de la Feria. I think it cost around $200.
Posted by: megia

Re: guitars: classical - 11/14/00 11:24 AM

hope this helps:

there is a guitar shop in Madrid on calle campomanes, located between the palacio real and opera metro. the street runs north/south, and the shop is on the east side of the street, toward the opera end (south end) of the street.

i don't know the name of the store, but it looked nice, with of course, MANY guitars hanging from the ceiling like jamon serrano... the apparrant shopkeeper looked to be in his 60's or so... all classical guitars...

¡muy buena suerte!