Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

Posted by: Balise

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes - 05/14/00 05:14 PM

Hi,

I"m curious: Is it just me or are there a LOT of shoe stores in Spain? It seems that in the commercial districts of Granada, Salamanca and Madrid, there is at least one shoe store on every block. I didn't notice it so much in Sevilla.

In any case, shoe-a-holics, beware!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Shoes, Shoes, Shoes - 05/14/00 07:02 PM

Hi Balise!

Nope. It's NOT just you! There ARE a lot of shoe stores in Spain! And why not, Spain and Italy probably have THE BEST shoes on the planet!

I bought a pair of AMAZINGLY comfortable, brown Fluchos (brand) lace-up leather dress shoes on my last trip to Madrid (see my daily online journal of said trip @ http://www.madridman.com/madrid99.html ). My lady-friend there said when I chose them, "Are you sure you wouldn't prefer them in black???" I know that most spaniards wear black leather dress shoes, but knowing that I live in the US and that black shoes for men were less common I opted for the brown style. NOW I'm sorry I didn't buy the black ones!! They're so much more stylish.

Anyway, this pair of Fluchos are so incredibly comfortable and were amazingly affordable, I think they were about $45 US! Just incredible. A similar pair in the US would have cost at least twice that for similar, imported shoes from Italy.

Next time I go back I'll be sure to get the black ones!!! (AND a belt!)

Saludos,

MadridMan
Posted by: carmie

Re: Shoes, Shoes, Shoes - 06/02/00 04:54 PM

I also love to buy shoes in Spain! I could usually find great deals because I wear a ladies size 10 which didn't seem to be a big seller over there. Also, they always played crazy music in the zapaterias. Maybe the economic choice would be to buy drinks in the bars and then go dancing in the shoe stores!
Posted by: dany

Re: Shoes, Shoes, Shoes - 06/30/00 01:51 AM

Please buy a pair of "Campers." They are the most amazing shoes in the world!!! With drylex(?) lining you will never have to wear socks for the rest of your life! Its like being reborn!

Dany
Posted by: mary

Re: Shoes, Shoes, Shoes - 07/03/00 11:22 PM

Your right about the "Campers" shoes. I bought a pair of Camper sandels at the beginning of my two week stay in Spain, and ended up wearing them almost everyday. They are the most comfortable shoes I now own!!

[This message has been edited by mary (edited 07-03-2000).]
Posted by: missmadrid98

Re: Shoes, Shoes, Shoes - 07/05/00 12:21 PM

There are a ridiculous amount of shoes in spain, especially in Madrid. Go to Sol in Madrid and walk down the surrounding streets and you will be overwhelmed!

------------------
San Lorenzo del El Escorial Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010
Posted by: Puna

Re: Shoes, Shoes, Shoes - 07/11/00 03:20 PM

Buy shoes, purses and luggage - especially in Madrid and Sevilla where you'll find amazing bargains based on the quality of the products (not cheap - but, as stated before two or three times less than in the US.