Madrid: where to go for Laminating (and copying)?

Posted by: OurManInBananas

Madrid: where to go for Laminating (and copying)? - 03/23/11 02:44 PM

Hi,

I want to find a good copy place in the centre of Madrid maybe near Iglesia Metro, which will do laminating.

I don't speak Spanish - so I don't even know what to look for...

Can anyone suggest a good place - the school I work at doesn't have that equipment...

thanks
Philip
Posted by: Chica

Re: Madrid: where to go for Laminating (and copying)? - 03/30/11 07:25 AM

In the Glorieta de Bilbao you have a Workcenter which is a business workcenter where you can make copies, access internet, etc. They will do the laminating for you.

To laminate -- plastificar

To bind -- encuadernar
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: where to go for Laminating (and copying)? - 03/30/11 07:38 AM

I've used the Workcenter near the Glorieta de Bilbao before too - it's actually on the next Glorieta, on the Plaza de San Bernardo (Metro: San Bernardo). I see another one nearer to Old downtown Madrid on Calle Principe, 1 (Plaza Canalejas, Metro: Sol y Sevilla).

I'm pretty sure they're one of the few which are open 24-hours in Madrid. They can be kind of expensive as compared to a local/neighborhood print shop. Check their website for locations near you (in English!).

See English logo above left, "Opened 24 Hours" ("Opened"?) and "The Center of the document" - the latter should be, of course, "The Document Center": another example of not getting things properly translated by a native speaker - and for such a big company, too, you'd think, well... wha'evar. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: OurManInBananas

Re: Madrid: where to go for Laminating (and copying)? - 03/31/11 05:52 AM

thanks that's brilliant...