Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89672 - 05/14/11 10:50 PM Valladolid - studying Spanish for 3-4 months
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
A friend of mine, 75-80% fluent in Spanish, 85% reading, 70% writing, is thinking seriously about going to Valladolid for 3-4 months to study and gain more proficiency. If any of you have suggestions on schools - she is in contact with University of Valladolid - would be much appreciated.In fact, any and all feedback and any other suggestions would be great.

I've told her to stop lurking and post her own questions beyond this! Her name is Denise ...

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Puna (05/15/11 08:48 AM)

#89677 - 05/15/11 03:41 PM Re: Valladolid - studying Spanish for 3-4 months [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
I hear good schools there but of course no knowledge of any personally. Other than the Univ the mayors office would be of help directing her to sources. the local govt email for citizen services is 010@ava.es
good luck

#89682 - 05/15/11 06:22 PM Re: Valladolid - studying Spanish for 3-4 months [Re: pedmar]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Denise - here's your first response - get on the board and follow-up! smile

#89710 - 05/25/11 02:04 AM Re: Valladolid - studying Spanish for 3-4 months [Re: Puna]
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Valladolid is a great place to study Spanish. The Spanish spoken by the "pucelanos" is clear and without any corruptions from other regional languages as is the case in many other locations in Spain. Valladolid is recognized by most as the location where the purest Spanish is spoken, so your friend who is eager to build upon her strong foundation would be well served to consider Valladolid. I studied there several years ago and can personally recommend it. I studied in both the University's language program for foreigners as well as in a small private language school, and I can't speak highly enough of my time in Valladolid. If you decide to study at the University's Centro de Idiomas, be sure to contact Carolina Regidor for details.

Edited by Shawn (05/25/11 02:05 AM)

#89739 - 05/30/11 05:37 AM Re: Valladolid - studying Spanish for 3-4 months [Re: Shawn]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I've never been to Valladolid but I can echo Shawn's comments as a taxi driver (Madrileño) told me a few years ago that if I wanted to learn pure Spanish then I have to go Valladolid . Unfortunately ( or fortunately ) the magnetism of Madrid prevented me from making the move .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments