Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#45714 - 08/11/08 09:41 PM USA college degree recognized by the Spain's Education Ministry.
Jim Costello Offline

Loc: New York City
Has anyone tried or been successful in having their USA college degree recognized by Spain's Education Ministry for the purpose of getting a teaching position in a public school in Madrid.

Thank you for your assistance,
Jim in New York City

#45715 - 08/24/08 09:35 AM Re: USA college degree recognized by the Spain's Education Ministry.
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
This is an interesting question - Doesnt anyone know the answer? I guess I never thought this was even required ..(typical American thought process - what our universities are the BEST? LOL)

#45716 - 09/18/08 11:02 AM Re: USA college degree recognized by the Spain's Education Ministry.
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I do know, because I had my degree converted into a Spanish degree. Initially, the Ministry doesn recognize your degree as valid for teaching formally at a school here. You have to have it "homologado" which means you have to find a Spanish equivalency.

To teach in Primaria, you need Magisterio. If you have an degree in education in the States, that helps, but you still have to go through with the process. This requires patience too!

Of course, this also depends on how long you plan on teaching here. If you are talking about just a year or two, the Spanish government does have an agreement with the U.S.to bring in Americans with a college degree to teach as assistant teachers...mainly conversation classes.

What were you thinking of doing?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments