Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90612 - 03/01/12 08:37 AM Paypal".com" vs. Paypal".ES" anyone using ".ES?"
colenot Offline

Hey everyone,

I work online and some of my websites promote affiliate programs that pay me through Paypal.com.

Usually, I will just transfer that money from Paypal.com to my US bank account, then use my debit card to withdraw cash in Madrid.

With my US Paypal account, I am not able to add my spanish bank account.

So, I'm wondering if Paypal.ES works the same way and if I can hook up my Caja Madrid account to my Paypal.es account.

Anyone know or have any issues in regards to this?

Thanks!

#90633 - 03/05/12 05:44 PM Re: Paypal".com" vs. Paypal".ES" anyone using ".ES?" [Re: colenot]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm using the same PayPal.com US-based site since before moving to Spain. And since moving here, I've been able to add my company's Spanish bank account to it - but that was years ago. Maybe they've changed their policy since then(?). Or maybe it depends on your residency. Maybe you have to have residency in Spain in order to use the .COM and add your Spanish bank account. I don't recall, colenot, do you have Spanish residency? If not, that may be the reason for the problem.

I can log-in to the PayPal.es site, but after I do, it immediately forwards me to the PayPal.com site since, I guess, I chose that as my default site.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90727 - 03/25/12 01:27 AM Re: Paypal".com" vs. Paypal".ES" anyone using ".ES?" [Re: MadridMan]
colenot Offline

Thanks for answering. I do have Spanish residency, but it wasn't required for opening up the Spanish paypal.es.

I ended up opening a free Paypal.es account and added my Spanish banking account to it. With companies that pay me through paypal, I'll just have to switch to the new email that I used to register for the Spanish account.

Technically, I can't merge the two accounts or transfer the money from my US paypal account to my Spanish paypal account. Guess I'll just keep the old account open and use the balance when I need to.

#90754 - 03/28/12 10:19 AM Re: Paypal".com" vs. Paypal".ES" anyone using ".ES?" [Re: colenot]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
they know, .com is not Spain so automatically switch over. I have the same quirk when open my old sites, they are somehow turn into French hehehe, those big brother rascals.

Cheers

ps by the way dont use paypal.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments