Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40948 - 03/11/02 10:00 AM workin´in spain, again :)
rittad Offline

Loc: sydney/madrid
ok, this question has been eating me up, so i have to ask, since you people know so much or "everything". my name is ritta, im 22 and am from asutralia. ive been in spain for over a month and abit now, rogonally only planing to fly out of madrid, but now have fallen in love with it and having stayed and trvalled throught out the south, etc. now, the question being is, im originally russian, having lived in austrlia since 1992 - i was 13, when i came. im fully bilingual, can read, write and speak both languages and have a degree in communications from a sydney politechnic university - film school. ok, does this quolify me as a "native" speaker, do you think i will have problems if i try to look for english teaching jobs, etc. i do not have tefl, but will consider getting it, if think its a good possibility. looking for work without it - realistic?
basicly, do you think i will cut it?
im a very persistant person and get most of the things i go for and want - if i put my mind to it.
do you know anyone who would be interested to learn ruddian, or companies that would require the knowlege of tow, maybe not in teaching, something else?
i also know italian abit - studied it for one and a half year. everything basically - accept spanish.
so, after all of this, i think you have enough things to think about and answer, hope you can help me, even though im not an expat from the states - you do have quite a "community" here smile
till then,
ritta

#40949 - 03/11/02 03:05 PM Re: workin´in spain, again :)
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
As I see it, you are quite well suited to find a job in Spain:

1) You have a communications degree (does that mean it is an engineering?)

2) You speak english

3) You speak russian

Actually, the unemployment rate in the communications, software and hardware markets in Spain is 4%. In a country in which the unemployment rate is 11% on average that is no unemployment.

I will really try the following job browsers:
- www.monster.es
- www.infojobs.es
- www.topjobs.es
- www.infoempleo.es
- www.tecnoempleo.com

Good luck!

Fernando

#40950 - 03/11/02 05:57 PM Re: workin´in spain, again :)
Roe Offline

Loc: california
Fernando, do you know where to get stats on unemployment for different industries? Is there any website or something? I have been curious about that for a while since I have heard so much about unemployment but know so many people that got jobs right away.

#40951 - 03/11/02 06:33 PM Re: workin´in spain, again :)
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Usually in specialized press, and also in the CIS (Centro de Investigación Sociológica) and in the webs of the Employment Ministry (Ministerio de Trabajo y Asuntos Sociales).

You may access it via the government webpage: www.la-moncloa.es

Fernando

#40952 - 03/12/02 11:11 AM Re: workin´in spain, again :)
ritz Offline

Loc: sydney/madrid
in was asking about communications as in film school, web design, multimedia production and sound post production. as well as editing and other jazz. as far, from engeenering (thank g-d) as it can be wink ) ritta

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments