Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#37133 - 08/13/00 04:26 AM HELP STUDENT GOING ABROAD
studentgoing Offline

Loc: minneapolis, Mn USA
hi, I am going to spain for a study abroad program. I couldn't get a flight with the other participants because they were all sold out so I am going one day before in order to meet them. My dilemma is that I am bringing all my stuff for 1 year including a computer. I am really scared about having my stuff stolen. How do I know if a hostel/hotel is safe? Are there any safe hotel/hostels near Barajas? I could meet them the next day at the airport at 9:30 or at Plaza de Sol at mid day Would it better to get a hostel near the airport or one that is near the Plaza? Which is safer? HELP

#37134 - 08/18/00 04:23 PM Re: HELP STUDENT GOING ABROAD
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Studentgoing:

I too am about to leave for Europe for a year. The main thing is not to have valuables hanging off you. No Nikon 35 mm cameras around your neck, no money wallets around your neck, no flashy jacket, shoes, etc. Be covert and you will be fine. I had a friend I met in Madrid who violated these guidelines and he got mugged. His fault! It is also why I dress like the locals, send my stuff in boxes and keep valuables in my carry on bag. Don't look like a victim. Most people are fine, but theives do exist. Use your gut feelings to not get into situations which you may regret later. For rooms I suggest Hostal Residencia Mondragon, Carrera San Jeronimo, 32, 5th floor. Wonderful family, clean cheap rooms, great guests and 2 blocks from the Prado and Puerta del Sol! Have a great time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments