Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#38624 - 06/23/03 03:45 PM New Madrid mayor and the safety
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
New Madrid mayor Alberto Ruiz Gallardon hold a meeting with consuls of England,US, Japan etc and he promised as his first priority to do Madrid safer. He has taken out 1000 polices to the street. This week you can see cars and motorbike polices by everywhere. His motto: "Tolerancia cero" against small delinquent.

#38625 - 07/21/03 12:53 PM Re: New Madrid mayor and the safety
eljimbo Offline

Loc: england
Hi,
I agree that there are an incredible amount of police on the streets around Puerta del Sol, can't say that it´s the same in other area´s though... we´ll have to keep watching

#38626 - 07/21/03 04:12 PM Re: New Madrid mayor and the safety
Rocinante Offline

Loc: N. Redondo Beach, CA
Qué tal las mujeres en la calle Montero?

I remember in the 5 months I was there just over a year ago, I used to see the same exact women holding up the walls on that street every day. And it was not uncommon to see cops standing around too. I'm not sure they can do anything, but they just were there to make their presence felt I suppose.

I remember big banners hanging from the balconies:
"Señor Alcalde, estamos hartos!"

#38627 - 07/21/03 04:50 PM Re: New Madrid mayor and the safety
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
Calle Montera will bear the construction of the big rail cercanias station "Gran Via -Puerta del Sol" (about the next four years).So that street will be closed.

#38628 - 07/22/03 06:11 AM Re: New Madrid mayor and the safety
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Maybe it will turn out like Place Blanche in Paris: When the Police started rousting the 'working girls,' they went underground and worked the platforms in the Metro.
BTW
One of those 'ladies' went after my son very aggressively as we were going thru the turnstile at the GranVia Metro entrance. I had to restrain her amourous pursuit. He's a real BonBon.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments